Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, FISH ON said:

 

 

I don't have any problem with it.  I'd like to see more of it, honestly.  That said, I also have no issue with Keller putting one in his ribs.  This kind of stuff makes baseball interesting.  Otherwise, are we even talking about a Royals, White Sox game in April?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol. I don’t even understand where people like you are coming from. “If you hurt the pitchers feelings, he should be able to fire a baseball at you.” Lol wut.  I wonder why kids don’t watch baseb

Wrong. He threw the bat at his own teams dugout and screamed at them “let’s go!”. He didn’t scream or run into any of the other teams players. I was watching the game. If that is being a punk then I h

Everyone: "baseball's dying because it lacks excitement and energy" Players: (bat flip after a homerun) Everyone: "oh no you can't do that, this is a gentleman's sport" Can Joe West jus

1 hour ago, sleepysock said:

There is no such thing as a "warranted beaning." Guy makes you look foolish? Strike him out next time. 

 

The tradition thing is also one of the most bizarre arguments one can make about, well, anything. If you get cancer, guess what? A bucket of leeches for you! Daughter hits puberty? Sell her for a dozen goats to your cousin! After all, it was done for hundreds of years. Tradition, amirite? Also, the game has not been "tried and true" for over 100 years. It has undergone dozens and dozens of changes. Tradition would have a bunch of white dudes playing slap-ball without wearing batting helmets. Perhaps lets rethink how much "tradition" should play a role in dictating how baseball ought to be played...

 

So perhaps we should try instead to evolve past stupid, dangerous behaviors. Tim Anderson getting fired up and throwing his bat at his dugout to pump up his fans and his team is totally ok. Keller throwing at him otoh is a d-bag move, especially as an AL pitcher. You're putting a guy's livelihood in jeopardy every time you do it, whether the intention is to hit him in the a** or not. Guys with better control than Keller have let one slip and hit a guy in the head. 

 

This sort of BS should be punished with a heavy fine and, for pitchers, a 20-25 game suspension. Otherwise it'll just continue. 

 

 

 

I ask this every time this topic comes up, but I can't honestly remember a single player ever being hurt being intentionally thrown at.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I'm keeping anyone batting .421 with 4 homers and 6 stolen bases in 57 ABs.  I play to win, not to sell stocks.

 

And he somewhat quietly had a 20/26 season last year. 

Could just be a hot start but I’ve seen him hit a few absolute missiles already this year, and he’s certainly been aggressive on the base paths. 

 

It seems like 25/30 is not too big of a stretch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I'm keeping anyone batting .421 with 4 homers and 6 stolen bases in 57 ABs.  I play to win, not to sell stocks.

There are some troubling things about his profile like his hard hit rate and gb rate. Buttttttt so far his plate discipline improvements are sticking around and I just kinda like the guy. And those steals are real nice.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

There are some troubling things about his profile like his hard hit rate and gb rate. Buttttttt so far his plate discipline improvements are sticking around and I just kinda like the guy. And those steals are real nice.

This post is exactly how I feel....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

This post is exactly how I feel....

The metrics lurking below the surface.

I also like that team too. I'm not always logical with fantasy. Sometimes it just comes back to enjoying watching the game which will lean me towards a player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I'm keeping anyone batting .421 with 4 homers and 6 stolen bases in 57 ABs.  I play to win, not to sell stocks.

I like to win the whole season, not just a few weeks 😉

Really though, his current pace is absolutely unsustainable. Conventional wisdom says hes a sell, but to each their own for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not going to be able to sell him for better than he would likely produce, though (most likely). No one's going to give you Kershaw for Tim Anderson or something like that. ROS he could easily go 260-20-30. What can you realistically get in return that's worth giving that up?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ragnaroker said:

I like to win the whole season, not just a few weeks 😉

Really though, his current pace is absolutely unsustainable. Conventional wisdom says hes a sell, but to each their own for sure.

To be fair no one expects him to be a .400 hitter. But if he keeps up the plate discipline improvements maybe .270, plus the way he's stealing bags. Could be really worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

You're not going to be able to sell him for better than he would likely produce, though (most likely). No one's going to give you Kershaw for Tim Anderson or something like that. ROS he could easily go 260-20-30. What can you realistically get in return that's worth giving that up?

Easily would imply he has done that before. He hasn't. Really nobody in the league easily gets 20-30.

 

Edited by Ragnaroker
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ragnaroker said:

I like to win the whole season, not just a few weeks 😉

Really though, his current pace is absolutely unsustainable. Conventional wisdom says hes a sell, but to each their own for sure.

You'd "sell high" on a guy that LAST season hit 20 homers and stole 26 bases?  You know how hard it is to find base stealers these days in fantasy baseball let alone ones that play everyday AND hit 20 dingers?

And of course he won't bat .400 because Ted William's head would pop out of his cryogenic tank and come bit his bats to pieces before he would allow that.  But Anderson can both replicate and even improve on last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You'd "sell high" on a guy that LAST season hit 20 homers and stole 26 bases?  You know how hard it is to find base stealers these days in fantasy baseball let alone ones that play everyday AND hit 20 dingers?

 And of course he won't bat .400 because Ted William's head would pop out of his cryogenic tank and come bit his bats to pieces before he would allow that.  But Anderson can both replicate and even improve on last season.

I would "sell high" on the fact that he is overperforming anything sustainable right now. Even with 20/26 he wasn't insanely valuable in any of my leagues, maybe it depends on format. I'm not sure why its such a farfetched idea to sell on a guy who is leading the league with an absurdly high BABIP with unsustainable peripherals and a history of incredibly poor plate discipline.

If someone believes his approach is different and he's a "better" player I would personally sell. You don't have to, not like his fantasy floor isn't still very solid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

I guess we can’t even celebrate HRs not even a little bit.... ridiculous he got beaned for that. Even more ridiculous they threw him out of the game. 

 

Wow. I don't think these people actually watched the plays in question. Anderson not only chucked the bat a dozen feet with two hands, he also was mouthing off and screaming right in the face of the catcher Maldonado. Next, after he rounded home plate he brushed up against Maldonado … not incidentally.

So, predictably, he gets plugged in the hip. It was totally textbook, not above the belt. One might expect at that point he puts his head down and takes first base. No. The dude mouths off yet again, takes a step toward the mound, when Maldonado gets in front of him he make more contact and mouths off some more.

I am sorry but if anybody thinks this is fun and cool or that he didn't deserve a little (safe) payback, why don't you actually put yourself in the shoes of Keller, Maldonado, Ned Yost and the Royals.

Kudos to Keller for having the restraint to plug the a** in the a**.

That's all I got to say.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tim Anderson is a millennial.  Born and raised in the United States millennial.  We all know that he has no choice but to be a terrible person.  He allows his wife to name his children (Paxton and Payton).  I’m pretty sure those are surnames.  The guy is doomed, it goes without saying.  But as a Sox fan, I hope he keeps this up.  Obviously I’m looking at his .280 on base percentage in 2017 and laughing hard at his “stockholders”, but perhaps he has turned a corner.  An all-time quantum leap.

It’s not like I can root against him.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ragnaroker said:

Easily would imply he has done that before. He hasn't. Really nobody in the league easily gets 20-30.

 

 

You know what I mean. Let's not get hung up on a word. He put up 20-26 last season despite doing almost nothing in the second half (231-7-5). He hasn't put a full season together but has certainly shown the ability to hit on a 270-25-35 season. And because there are so few players with that kind of realistic upside, you really can't sell high unless you're getting a great trade offer. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sleepysock said:

You're not going to be able to sell him for better than he would likely produce, though (most likely). No one's going to give you Kershaw for Tim Anderson or something like that. ROS he could easily go 260-20-30. What can you realistically get in return that's worth giving that up?

 

Good point - you trade the SS with the value, and you plug in the SS that has similar value, but not in trade!

Edited by jahweedum
Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the ejection. Don't forget this little tidbit, Joe West has had it out for the White Sox back to the Ozzie Guillen days and has had issues with Anderson before

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/tim-anderson-eventful-day-yard-ends-shot-hawk-harrelson-joe-west-everybody-knows-hes-terrible

 

And knowing that Joe is bigger than the game itself, its probably safe to say that he was looking for a reason to toss him because that elephant forgets nothing and Tim's words from last September were echoing in his head. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, blabuwe said:

 

Wow. I don't think these people actually watched the plays in question. Anderson not only chucked the bat a dozen feet with two hands, he also was mouthing off and screaming right in the face of the catcher Maldonado. Next, after he rounded home plate he brushed up against Maldonado … not incidentally.

So, predictably, he gets plugged in the hip. It was totally textbook, not above the belt. One might expect at that point he puts his head down and takes first base. No. The dude mouths off yet again, takes a step toward the mound, when Maldonado gets in front of him he make more contact and mouths off some more.

I am sorry but if anybody thinks this is fun and cool or that he didn't deserve a little (safe) payback, why don't you actually put yourself in the shoes of Keller, Maldonado, Ned Yost and the Royals.

Kudos to Keller for having the restraint to plug the a** in the a**.

That's all I got to say.

Yes nobody can have any fun in baseball we get it. Just hit your home runs and show no emotion like a good boy. RIDICULOUS. Get off my lawn while you’re at it 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 more hits today and a SB. Everyone is saying sell high but i think i am going to hold. He was already a 20/20 guy and the batting average is going to be higher then last year. I think he could be a 20/40 guy with a good batting average.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...