NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joey Votto 2019 Outlook

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I'm not biased or anything but... let's start with credit where credit is due.  Votto's played 12 seasons in the MLB, from age 23 to 34, and averaged: 572 AB: .311/.427, 28 HR, 92 RBI, 96 R,

In watching the clip above, it appears he's trying to play a different sport

Might not be a benching.  Maybe Votto tweaked himself during his sword-fighting pantomimes in-between pitches.  

• 1 month later...

Joey Votto when speaking postgame about the PIT vs CIN Brawl:

"I'm sorry for that answer...It's hard to vague and specific at the same time."

Lol. Guess I can't argue with that :D 

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea how long this injury will keep him out. I'm struggling at 1B and wondering if I should hold onto with one of my 3 IL spots.

However his numbers aren't hard to replace. 

I still like the ballpark and his potential but if he's out for 2+ weeks then I will drop

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, RyanK said:

Dropping in dynasty leagues?

It’s very easy to say that he’s garbage and useless and to just drop him.  You won’t get many fans on this board.   He is 2 years removed from being a round 1 player though, and will still play given his contract.  If you’re in last, or if you really have the room, I might give him one more shot to see if maybe he comes up with something this offseason, or if there is some correctable medical thing,  he’s only 35 and this is one of the best hitters over the last decade we’re talking about.  If you’re in contention and need the roster space for the end of this year, it’s a pretty easy call.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

It’s very easy to say that he’s garbage and useless and to just drop him.  You won’t get many fans on this board.   He is 2 years removed from being a round 1 player though, and will still play given his contract.  If you’re in last, or if you really have the room, I might give him one more shot to see if maybe he comes up with something this offseason, or if there is some correctable medical thing,  he’s only 35 and this is one of the best hitters over the last decade we’re talking about.  If you’re in contention and need the roster space for the end of this year, it’s a pretty easy call.

Yes but otherwise extremely droppable! 

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Just_A_PI said:

I'm wondering if he will even be drafted before the 10th round next season.

I doubt it.  Miggy was going in the 12th or so this season and Votto is arguably looking worse headed into 2020.  This said, I think he makes a good 2nd UTIL play in most leagues if his ADP falls into the teens.

4 hours ago, Just_A_PI said:

This guy would have been a joke all over the season. Out tonight with no reason given. Probably his back again. Annoying as he was more than decent those lost weeks.

I'm wondering if he will even be drafted before the 10th round next season.

he will prob go undrafted in relatively shallow leagues.  forget 10 round

• Like 2

Made a swing change right around the end of July. Basically going for broke on power. Stopped choking up completely, not even with 2 strikes. Since then he increased his exit velocity to 91 mph which would be a career high and his xWOBA was .380. 

Keep that in mind before you draft next year! 

Edited by dod959