Scooter Gennett 2019 Outlook

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully he said “i pooped”

Over the final 2 1/2 weeks of last season, Scooter slashed 184/245/306. That’s pretty bad. If we’re throwing out streaks, should we throw that one out too? Or is it not long enough? Not cold enough? O

Woah am I just stupid? What is going on with Scooter??    2017: all star level 2b/3b .295, 27 homers, 97 RBI, 80 runs 2018: all star level 2b .310 23 homers, 92 RBI, 86 runs 2019:

59 minutes ago, Fantasy Dork said:

So anyone else who owns Scooter in ESPN notice that ESPN removed his IL tag? I can't make any add/drops unless I activate him, which obviously makes no sense. 

That stinks. Still on the IL for me in Yahoo fyi. Has to be one of ESPN's many fun "curveballs"

• 3 weeks later...

Gennett (groin) said Monday that he doesn't expect to be reinstated from the 60-day injured list when first eligible May 27, Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports. "I'm getting better each day and able to do more stuff in the training room," Gennett said. "I would say, in probably a week or two weeks, I will be out in the field doing stuff like [fielding] ground balls, maybe swing the bat. But as of right now, it will definitely be after that date I'm eligible to come off [the IL]."

Analysis: Gennett was projected to miss 8-to-12 weeks when he was diagnosed with a strained right groin back on March 23, so his comments suggest he's likely trending somewhere toward the middle or back end of that recovery timeline. At this stage of his rehab, Gennett no longer requires the assistance of crutches and his gradually increasing his mobility work on a treadmill, but he's still awaiting clearance to run on the field and bases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

he's out for another few weeks minimum

Reds transferred 2B Scooter Gennett from the 10-day injured list to the 60-day injured list.

The move clears a spot on the 40-man roster for Nick Senzel. Gennett now officially can't return from his right groin strain until late May.

May 3, 2019, 10:43 AM ET

• 4 weeks later...

On the 24th of last month it was reported he was "3 weeks away from a return". Based on that - he should be returning VERY soon but it looks as if he hasnt even began getting at bats int he minors yet? I cant find any info on his situation. Anyone care to weigh in on his estimated return date? He seems like a great stash ROS in leagues hes still available in...,

https://www.scout.com/baseball/mlb/news/1906131803884-fvo-scooter-gennetts-rest-of-season-value-is-surprising/

06.16... Scooter Gennett (groin) will begin a rehab assignment with High-A Dayton on Monday.
Spin: Gennett has been playing in simulated games at the Reds' spring training complex and is now ready to test things out in official game action. He's been out all season after suffering a severe groin injury late in spring training. Gennett would figure to need a decent number of rehab games before being activated, although the Reds haven't revealed a number.

On 6/17/2019 at 12:23 AM, strahanfan92 said:

06.16... Scooter Gennett (groin) will begin a rehab assignment with High-A Dayton on Monday.
Spin: Gennett has been playing in simulated games at the Reds' spring training complex and is now ready to test things out in official game action. He's been out all season after suffering a severe groin injury late in spring training. Gennett would figure to need a decent number of rehab games before being activated, although the Reds haven't revealed a number.

Tonight was his 3rd game this week and his first back to back.

Thus far he is 2 for 10. I like that he was able to play in back to back games in his first week and getting 4 ABs in each of the games. 

• Thanks 1

I am desperate at MI, I might just start Scooter at my MI spot this week rather than have to drop a stash to pick up a MI

I mean from reading most think he is back for the CHC series anyway

^I'd hope but my guess would be no given he is coming off an injury and perhaps need a good amount of time to find his form. That being said I truly hope so, Scooter has been a huge value for me for a few years now and I redrafted as a DL stash just because I like him that much. Go Scooter.

Anyone have concerns with playing time when he returns?  With no DH someone is going to lose ABs to Gennett.  The question is will Gennett lose some ABs too.  I'd have to imagine he will play everyday considering how good he's been the last 2 years, but teams are odd these days. Deitrich is the guy I'm focused on more so than Peraza.  Both are going to play some, and the question is at who's expense.

1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

Anyone have concerns with playing time when he returns?  With no DH someone is going to lose ABs to Gennett.  The question is will Gennett lose some ABs too.  I'd have to imagine he will play everyday considering how good he's been the last 2 years, but teams are odd these days. Deitrich is the guy I'm focused on more so than Peraza.  Both are going to play some, and the question is at who's expense.

Peraza might jump to SS every so often, but he'll lose the most playing time since he can't play OF like Dietrich

2 hours ago, street sharks said:

Peraza might jump to SS every so often, but he'll lose the most playing time since he can't play OF like Dietrich

He’s played LF some this year. Peraza, Dietrich, and Winker all stand to lose PT with Scooter getting more days off than he should is my guess. 

• Like 1