Scooter Gennett 2019 Outlook

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully he said “i pooped”

Over the final 2 1/2 weeks of last season, Scooter slashed 184/245/306. That’s pretty bad. If we’re throwing out streaks, should we throw that one out too? Or is it not long enough? Not cold enough? O

Woah am I just stupid? What is going on with Scooter??    2017: all star level 2b/3b .295, 27 homers, 97 RBI, 80 runs 2018: all star level 2b .310 23 homers, 92 RBI, 86 runs 2019:

5 minutes ago, street sharks said:

He's done it for two seasons now

Suarez and Votto are not good and that is putting it lightly. yes, he still has to produce himself but the lineup around him wasn't as good as last year.

44 minutes ago, mlb2019 said:

Suarez and Votto are not good and that is putting it lightly. yes, he still has to produce himself but the lineup around him wasn't as good as last year.

Their declines are easily made up by additions of Puig and Senzel. Also Votto was bad last year yet Scooter did fine. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 2:52 PM, mlb2019 said:

Suarez is literally 4 balls dropping in for hits from what everyone was expecting this year. But I digress. Scoot scoot scooter this gennett guy off your team.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

So does his value just plummet now that he is in SF? 

Who takes his place in Cincy?  Is Pereza back to every day?

Edit:  Never mind.  I forgot about VanMeter even though I picked him up in three of four of my leagues, d'oah.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
4 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

Can it get lower? Cincy traded him for nothing 

Well I mean he still had some upside to rebound in Cinci with that ballpark.   Now he is playing in one of the most friendly pitcher's parks in all of MLB and in a worse lineup.  So really just saying now any chance of that upside could be gone.

• 4 weeks later...

Woah am I just stupid? What is going on with Scooter?? 

2017: all star level 2b/3b .295, 27 homers, 97 RBI, 80 runs

2018: all star level 2b .310 23 homers, 92 RBI, 86 runs

2019: poised to hit in the middle of the Reds dangerous lineup, tears his groin, then just as he is returning he gets traded for nothing and then outright CUT by the Giants???  

Why does all of baseball have literally zero interest in someone who was amazing for two straight years? 

• Like 4

With impending free agency, he's of no use to any team that isn't contending, and even then he would only be claimed if he were performing at a level that could help a contender. His waiver period expires Thursday, if a team claims him before then they'd have to pay the remaining $1.8 mil of his salary. He may get picked up for the league minimum  - $95k after he clears waivers. 

Edited by exaulz