NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Shanny loves this guy. He brought him over to be his guy. Even when Freeman was playing at an all pro level this guy was still getting an absurd work load and the goal line touches. 

15 pts back after a high-ankle sprain is literally one of the best outcomes we could've asked for. And- he was in trusted situations as well as looked the part and had the most touches. Again- RB2 with RB1 upside any week. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make yourself useful and predict 30 points next time

Here's my math on Coleman: Shanahan RB touches the last 5 years 2018 - 364 rushes / 66 targets / 53 rec 2017 - 345 rushes / 124 targets / 80 recs 2016 - 345 rushes / 105 targets / 85 rec

Hot off the presses! This is huge for my retroactive points league, thanks Marty.

9 minutes ago, elcapitan449 said:

Fullback and starting right tackle out 4-6 weeks.  How bad does this hurt him

I guess we'll find out this week lol. I hope this means he gets more work in the passing game.

1 hour ago, n4sa said:

I guess we'll find out this week lol. I hope this means he gets more work in the passing game.

I bet he does see passing game work, they aren’t going to roll the rams. Last week was his first week back and looked solid. Rams front is a bit shaky. Shanny will use some te to block and prob scheme up something new or implement something new knowing he has issues. Maybe a couple more tackle pulls etc I think coleman is going to be fine if he stays on the field healthy. I also think he will have a higher snap and touch percentage than breida.

1 minute ago, JrsKars said:

As a 49ers fan I'm sitting him this week they already have Staley out and list another offense lineman and a blocking FB

Sit out the RB1a or b on the NFL's top running team against a defense that really can't stop anything....no way.  Next man up here.  49ers roll. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Sit out the RB1a or b on the NFL's top running team against a defense that really can't stop anything....no way.  Next man up here.  49ers roll. 

Yea Rams have been very shaky up front. Even with KJ out and some lineman that running scheme will be fine. Shanny will figure it out for sure. Coleman will produce in the air if he isnt on the ground. Im starting.

4 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Np start on your own risk 49ers offense line was ok without Staley now they lose a decent tackle on the offensive line with a FB that had a big apart of that offensive line. 

19 minutes ago, JrsKars said:

Np start on your own risk 49ers offense line was ok without Staley now they lose a decent tackle on the offensive line with a FB that had a big apart of that offensive line. 

True.  I feel like that this team has a good system where the 'Next Man Up' strategy will work just fine. 

Yes it hurts that Joe Staley and Kyle Juszcyk are out but.... Kyle Shanahan is a brilliant play caller/game planning coach he will adjust the run game isn't going to fall off a cliff... Regardless Coleman should get a few dump offs this week as well.

• Like 2

Solid game, 20 touches and a TD. As expected, Coleman is the goal line back, with the following results:

-   Scored from the 2

-   Stuffed from the 6 (-1 yards, hit behind the line)

-   2 yards from the 3

-   Stuffed at the 1 (Jimmy G then sneaked)

-   Stuffed at the 2 (Two throws on 2nd/3rd ends in a FG)

Overall, incredibly encouraging game. Extrapolate Coleman’s 2.25 games so far and he’s averaging 16+ in a half PPR. Mid to high RB2 going forward and the guy to own in SF.

• Like 1

He's been productive so that's all that matters but the post above sums up why I've always felt he was pretty ordinary. He got stuffed four times yesterday (looked even worse if you watched it) and dropped a wide open TD pass (admittedly it was high, but still catchable). 

5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He's been productive so that's all that matters but the post above sums up why I've always felt he was pretty ordinary. He got stuffed four times yesterday (looked even worse if you watched it) and dropped a wide open TD pass (admittedly it was high, but still catchable). 

Give me the ordinary talent in a great situation over the exceptional talent in a crappy situation 10 out of 10 times.

• Like 2