NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

14 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Chubb, CMC, Kamara, Cook, Zeke, Barkley, Fournette, A Jones, Bell, Connor, Carson, Mack, Gurley, Ingram, Jacobs, Henry, Gordon, Eckler

Thats 18 names. Give me at least 7 of those names you wouldn’t give up coleman for without hesitation. 

You didn't ask me, but the bolded are guys I'm taking him over for sure. 

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make yourself useful and predict 30 points next time

Here's my math on Coleman: Shanahan RB touches the last 5 years 2018 - 364 rushes / 66 targets / 53 rec 2017 - 345 rushes / 124 targets / 80 recs 2016 - 345 rushes / 105 targets / 85 rec

Hot off the presses! This is huge for my retroactive points league, thanks Marty.

This SF running offense is a great one to own a piece, or multiple pieces of. Obvious pecking order when all are healthy: Coleman/Breida/Mostert/Wilson, with Coleman being THE one to own (sees plays between the tackles, passing game and the GL.)

When/if one goes down, insert the next man up. *if Coleman goes down, Wilson becomes the de-facto GL hammer and sees a major bump in value, even with limited carries.

Remaining schedule offers some serious upside in the running game vs the 25th, 16th, 25th, 24th, (3rd and 2nd), 21st and 14th run DST.

14 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

16 rushes and 2 targets is not rb1 type volume cmon man 

It is much closer than you believe. 

If he sustained that 16.25 carry average over 8 games (what most other running backs have now played) he would be right around the top 12 in carries per game. 

It would be a 260 carry 16 game pace. That would have trailed only Elliot and Saquon for third most in the league last season. 

Can he or does he maintain that pace? Who knows. Would 260 carries finish third highest again this season? Who knows. But he is certainly seeing RB1 type volume. 

14 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

You literally said “he was never the 1A in Atlanta.” 

The back half of the RB1s - Carson, Fournette, Henry, Ingram, Jones, Mack, etc are still firmly entrenched with higher workloads than Coleman.

I would love to see the names some of you would take Coleman over right now.

I am taking Coleman over Mack. Probably Henry. Ingram is close-- who is actually seeing less volume than Coleman. I want nothing to do with Fournette so give me Coleman. 

So of that group: I would not take Coleman over Carson, Jones, and Ingram is close. 

Should be relatively fresh til the end of the season. Compared to Carson Henry Fournette etc. . Missing a few weeks early in the season can be a huge difference come playoff time. If Juszyk and Staley will be healthy they will also be fresh... Frightning to think that the 49ers running game might get even better.

I guess if you offer him now you wont get good value in return. The proven assets are untouchable and anything less doesnt offer the upside Coleman has already shown.

He will score a lot of points if he can stay healthy.

10 hours ago, shakennbakee said:

Tevin 7 points like I said.

If Coleman is the only RB standing, I doubt that. Would expect 100+ scrimmage yards.

However all the RB rushing scores are due to regress. It wouldn't surprise me to see Shanahan suddenly having Jimmy G. throwing some play action TDs inside the ten yard line (especially in a blow out) so they can start getting his groove on.

For those expecting 30+ points, yes, that would be frustrating.

13 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Probably going to be a decent 12-16 point performance this week (ppr).  Not expecting that same performance from last week every week.  c'mon now. 

Agreed. He seems like a good bet for 12-15 points a game with a 50/50 shot at a TD. Hard to complain about that. 

• Like 2
On 10/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, Grayson2401 said:

I am taking Coleman over Mack. Probably Henry. Ingram is close-- who is actually seeing less volume than Coleman. I want nothing to do with Fournette so give me Coleman. 

So of that group: I would not take Coleman over Carson, Jones, and Ingram is close. 

Interesting because there is absolutely no chance you would have taken Coleman over Mack or Henry before this past week (not even close) so this is 100% reactionary to a blowout game in which Coleman scored every 4 touches. That is the definition of aj overreaction.

FWIW, the PeakdinHighSchool value aggregation (pulls in various site rankings) has him RB18 ROS. Ahead of Michel, Freeman, Ekeler, MG3, DMont, Lindsay and Mixon and just below DJ. I’d say that’s more than fair.

4 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Interesting because there is absolutely no chance you would have taken Coleman over Mack or Henry before this past week (not even close) so this is 100% reactionary to a blowout game in which Coleman scored every 4 touches. That is the definition of aj overreaction.

FWIW, the PeakdinHighSchool value aggregation (pulls in various site rankings) has him RB18 ROS. Ahead of Michel, Freeman, Ekeler, MG3, DMont, Lindsay and Mixon and just below DJ. I’d say that’s more than fair.

Mack has had an okay season but lets not act like he is a no-brainer over Coleman. Some may prefer Mack and some may prefer Coleman. Give me the guy on the better offense and defense. 

And Henry? We know who he is and he plays on one of the worst offenses in the league. You are banking on a Henry TD. 

And of course there is some reactionary bias to this. We just saw Coleman score 4 TDs. That is great. But it is more about the opportunity he is seeing. Whether he scored 4 TDs or 0 TDs last week, it is the opportunities that are valuable. The production is bound to follow. 

10 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

yea with Breida back in the lineup he won't get as many touches as ppl hoped he would this week

As a Coleman owner, the touches STRANGELY don't seem to matter as much to me with this guy. He has shown that he doesn't need crazy volume to explode. Couple that with the inevitable early exit by Breida every game and we're good.