NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

He’s an RB2 that will hover around 10-15 points most games. That’s what he’s always been. He shouldn’t be anything more than your RB2/FLEX and you shouldn’t be complaining about a 12 point game.

Just my thoughts.

Nah. The only chance he has of a 10+pt game is getting a touchdown, otherwise it's more like 5-6. I might just drop him to stash another defense or pickup AJ Brown because i don't see myself starting him the rest of the year. 

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make yourself useful and predict 30 points next time

Here's my math on Coleman: Shanahan RB touches the last 5 years 2018 - 364 rushes / 66 targets / 53 rec 2017 - 345 rushes / 124 targets / 80 recs 2016 - 345 rushes / 105 targets / 85 rec

Hot off the presses! This is huge for my retroactive points league, thanks Marty.

10 minutes ago, Randy_Rancourtt said:

Nah. The only chance he has of a 10+pt game is getting a touchdown, otherwise it's more like 5-6. I might just drop him to stash another defense or pickup AJ Brown because i don't see myself starting him the rest of the year. 

Right. If this guy is your weekly RB2 you’re likely not going very far in the playoffs. Outside of his anomaly Week 8 he’s been pretty inefficient, averaging less than 3.5 ypc most weeks. He’s pretty much td or bust, and if he doesn’t score you could be looking at a 5 point week. And now Breida’s likely returning to steal even more of his touches. 

3 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Right. If this guy is your weekly RB2 you’re likely not going very far in the playoffs. Outside of his anomaly Week 8 he’s been pretty inefficient, averaging less than 3.5 ypc most weeks. He’s pretty much td or bust, and if he doesn’t score you could be looking at a 5 point week. And now Breida’s likely returning to steal even more of his touches. 

We’ve seen that Breida in and out of the lineup pretty much has no effect on Coleman’s touches.  Kittle being back is huge for the running game though.

He’s my Flex, and definitely the weakest part of my lineup. I’d rather have him in there though than a boom/bust WR because at least you know you’re getting 6-8 points each week, and I think his TD upside is a lot better now with Kittle back and the offense firing. He doesn’t need to win my matchup for me, my other studs can do that.

Every time I tune into a 49ers game I can't help but think that Coleman is the worst RB on their roster, all of Breida, Wilson, and Mostert look better to me, yet TC keeps chugging along as the preferred starter, so more power to him I guess. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

Every time I tune into a 49ers game I can't help but think that Coleman is the worst RB on their roster, all of Breida, Wilson, and Mostert look better to me, yet TC keeps chugging along as the preferred starter, so more power to him I guess. 

I agree, but something seems off with him. It just doesn't look like he is running as hard as the other guys. 

29 minutes ago, jccouger said:

I agree, but something seems off with him. It just doesn't look like he is running as hard as the other guys. 

To me it looks like he's hesitating into the hole whereas Mostert and Wilson just go full blast and trust that it will open. The hole shuts in that extra split second on Tevin. Just what it looked like to me yesterday.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dakimbell said:

I think Breida is BY FAR the most talented / explosive one. He just can't seem to stay healthy :(

3 hours ago, Randy_Rancourtt said:

Overreactions in this thread after the blowup game and now after this past week are crazy to me.

He has 5 of 9 games over 9 points.

As a mid range RB2, you’re comparing him to the likes of the following (going off the reddit Week 12 Adjusted Trade Value chart):

-   Austin Ekeler (clearly superior to TC)

-   David Montgomery (5 of 11 games over 9 points)

-   Joe Mixon (5 of 11 games over 9 points)

-   James Conner (can’t be relied on ROS)

-   Devin Singletary (5 of 8 games over 9 points)

-   Sony Michel (4 of 11 games over 9 points)

Point is...the alternatives are just NOT there. You can go ahead and try to list the RB2/Flex level players that are going to get you 10+ points on a weekly basis...but they don’t exist.

Tevin is the RB17 with one monster game and 2.5 games missed as someone drafted as a FLEX. I really don’t understanding all the complaining.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, dakimbell said:

8 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I think Breida is BY FAR the most talented / explosive one. He just can't seem to stay healthy :(

I think I've been most impressed by Mostert personally. I dunno if it's just cause he's the change of pace guy so he's got the freshest legs, but he looks good

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Another guy who gives me a migraine.
IMO - His last four games have been a disaster after that boom game. I wanted more boom, instead I was rewarded with a flicker. 
Is he even start able? I think not.
What is the consensus? 

Barely, depends on your other options. I’ve had him since he returned and or course had him on the bench for his one blowup game. I hope I don’t have to start him anymore because that means someone has been injured.

39 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

Brieda is out again. What are we looking at today? I'm hearing the weather is that great.

Bad weather I can see Baltimore winning this handily. Like 31-13. Coleman could have 14/60 and a fumble. I still don’t like him in this matchup 

4 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Bad weather I can see Baltimore winning this handily. Like 31-13. Coleman could have 14/60 and a fumble. I still don’t like him in this matchup 

San Fran is the #1 defense. I can picture the niners shutting down the Ravens offense. Jimmy G to the rescue. 

Tevin is in my starting lineup. 
Given his part-time role and the shaky recent production, he's best considered as an RB2 in deeper leagues and a flex candidate in most other leagues. Baltimore can get beat on the ground, with their defense being average on a per carry basis over the past five weeks. They rank highly against RBs because their are typically ahead and force teams to abandon the run. The 49ers are a team that will not abandon the run and, because of this, Coleman is a RB2 this week.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

San Fran is the #1 defense. I can picture the niners shutting down the Ravens offense. Jimmy G to the rescue. 

Tevin is in my starting lineup. 
Given his part-time role and the shaky recent production, he's best considered as an RB2 in deeper leagues and a flex candidate in most other leagues. Baltimore can get beat on the ground, with their defense being average on a per carry basis over the past five weeks. They rank highly against RBs because their are typically ahead and force teams to abandon the run. The 49ers are a team that will not abandon the run and, because of this, Coleman is a RB2 this week.

Coleman has looked like absolute garbage for the last 2.5 mo outside of Carolina and Cleveland game. And NE is just as good and couldn’t stop Lamar. Sf schedule ain’t that tough either on defense

On 11/25/2019 at 1:37 PM, Ruut6 said:

Point is...the alternatives are just NOT there. You can go ahead and try to list the RB2/Flex level players that are going to get you 10+ points on a weekly basis...but they don’t exist.

I was right with you for the first part, but this quoted paragraph is complete nonsense. If you're throwing flex options into the mix, then there are a ton of WRs who are way better choices. Who actually starts Coleman as a flex? The guys who are starting him are generally playing him bc all their options for RB2 are terrible - not because they can't find a better WR to flex on their bench or even on the wire

• Like 1