NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Broncos132 said:

Safely droppable in leagues under 14 players. You're hoping for a goal line carry, that's about it. I don't see how you can start this guy in the playoffs, unless your WW is horrendous and/or decimated by injuries

Thinking about it. Don't think I can do it just yet. You know as soon as you drop him he goes off...because.

Is it me or is every play run for Coleman a slam up the middle into the teeth of the defense? Whenever I see Mostert or Breida it's always a run to the outside. Even the commentators were mentioning that the way to attack Baltimore was on the edge...where Mostert got the runs.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make yourself useful and predict 30 points next time

Here's my math on Coleman: Shanahan RB touches the last 5 years 2018 - 364 rushes / 66 targets / 53 rec 2017 - 345 rushes / 124 targets / 80 recs 2016 - 345 rushes / 105 targets / 85 rec

Hot off the presses! This is huge for my retroactive points league, thanks Marty.

Reminds me of NE's puzzling RB usage. Perhaps this is the way to maximize production out of marginal/second-tier talents: make the usage unpredictable so opposing defenses can't gameplan for just 1 running back and then proceed to ride hot hand every game. Sucks for fantasy. 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Raises hand 🙋‍♂️ me toooooo

Save me some 😑

Thought I struck gold with this guy. Everything seemed to line up for a great finish to the season, that Carolina game seems so long ago.  

Edited by Languistic01
On 10/28/2019 at 3:39 PM, GriffeySwag said:

Not sure why people are afraid to label him as an RB1 when the production speaks for itself. Calling him an RB1 doesn’t mean he’s on CMC or Cook’s level. There are high end RB1’s and low end RB1’s. 

On 10/28/2019 at 3:46 PM, Nyblazer11235 said:

Cook, CMC, Barkley, Zeke, Kamara, Carson, A Jones, Chubb, fournette 

Thats 9 guys right there that you’d be lying if you said you wouldn’t swap out for Coleman in a heartbeat. Most would say Connor and Bell as well making it eleven.Then you have guys like Jacobs, Gordon, Gurley, Mack, Henry And Ingram. I think best case he slides in somewhere with those guys as a low end rb1 

On 10/28/2019 at 4:07 PM, mjb said:

Top 15 ROS in this heavy run offense that is usually leading. I’d buy if able. He just needs to stay healthy.

On 10/28/2019 at 3:39 PM, GriffeySwag said:

Not sure why people are afraid to label him as an RB1 when the production speaks for itself. Calling him an RB1 doesn’t mean he’s on CMC or Cook’s level. There are high end RB1’s and low end RB1’s. 

On 10/28/2019 at 4:07 PM, mjb said:

Top 15 ROS in this heavy run offense that is usually leading. I’d buy if able. He just needs to stay healthy.

On 12/3/2019 at 12:35 AM, kdubb44 said:

i see you quoted me here and I could see how my wording made it seem like I was on board the coleman train. It was the opposite thou, I was arguing for guys that I would have rather had over Coleman at the time and said anyone would be lying if they didn’t agree they would swap Coleman for one of them 

On 12/2/2019 at 4:39 PM, kyoun1e said:

Thinking about it. Don't think I can do it just yet. You know as soon as you drop him he goes off...because.

Is it me or is every play run for Coleman a slam up the middle into the teeth of the defense? Whenever I see Mostert or Breida it's always a run to the outside. Even the commentators were mentioning that the way to attack Baltimore was on the edge...where Mostert got the runs.

Very true, all runs right up the middle for TCole!!!  As an owner of Zeke and Saquon too, it's SO frustrating - in all of these cases about 90% of the runs are just straight up the middle, never getting out in space on the outside!

Schedule: @NO, ATL, LAR

Only potential startable game is vs ATL, but with three healthy backs (and maybe 4 if Wilson is active) I'm not sure he's worth keeping on the roster anymore.

Other potential RBs out there who could help in the playoffs such as Laird or even a Gus Edwards probably gets more touches/goal line chances vs. Coleman.

7 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I dropped him for a second defense.  Why keep a guy you’re never going to feel safe starting?  My only concern is that he has another blow up game on one of my opponents roster

I agree on the blow up part. I drooped him for Darwin Thompson. So we’ll see.

32 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I dropped him for a second defense.  Why keep a guy you’re never going to feel safe starting?  My only concern is that he has another blow up game on one of my opponents roster

Exactly.

The ATL matchup is the only spot where there could be a blowup. He could bust one there. I wont start him but my potential opponents may.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, austin316 said:

Anyone who has a Week 14 Bye... I like Week 15 Atlanta comments here. Also a hashtag Revenge Game

Didn't think of the revenge game factor.

Statistically in terms of points against, ATL is actually pretty good against the run. Has held Kamara down. And they'll get Hooper back along with Julio most likely so the offense will not be as pathetic.

Still think it's totally random what will take place with this backfield. There used to be a formula with these three RBs. I'm not sure Shanahan will go back to it. We'll see.

43 minutes ago, affliction said:

When all 3 backs are healthy Breida should be the odd man out. Roll with Coleman and Mostert but then you'll have freaking Jeff Wilson, the 194 lb goal line back.

We'll see. It will be interesting to see if Shanahan goes back to his formula:

* Breida between the 20s with Coleman sprinkled in on 3rd down.

* Coleman in the redzone and the third down back.

* Mostert sprinkled in randomly.

Maybe Coleman is moved down to Mostert's old spot. I could see Breida returning to his old role.

15 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

We'll see. It will be interesting to see if Shanahan goes back to his formula:

* Breida between the 20s with Coleman sprinkled in on 3rd down.

* Coleman in the redzone and the third down back.

* Mostert sprinkled in randomly.

Maybe Coleman is moved down to Mostert's old spot. I could see Breida returning to his old role.

In other words, avoid this backfield lol

• Like 1