Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this post aged well

I hope Drake doesn't get traded to Tennessee, simply because I'm afraid my good friend @DerrickHenrysCleats would die from an ecstasy-induced embolism if Henry and Drake were on the same team.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

Well one reason would be that it would help them win more games this season.

Drake is a mediocre player at the least valuable position in the league. He isn’t helping any team win games.

14 hours ago, ap0calypse said:

Well one reason would be that it would help them win more games this season.

I agree he would, but Detroit isn’t in contention this season so they wouldn’t trade a draft pick to help a lost season. 

10 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

I agree he would, but Detroit isn’t in contention this season so they wouldn’t trade a draft pick to help a lost season. 

I mean if they do bring someone in via trade it won't be just for this year, they will split work with KJ next year. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, brosephd said:

someone just dropped him and hoping to use a waiver on him. everyone should be trying to get a share at least by the trade deadline. could be a league winning move if he somehow gets traded to a good opportunity.

Maybe Tampa?  Or New England?

On 10/25/2019 at 2:44 AM, brosephd said:

someone just dropped him and hoping to use a waiver on him. everyone should be trying to get a share at least by the trade deadline. could be a league winning move if he somehow gets traded to a good opportunity.

I used to think that way. Not any more. There's no backfield situation in which he steps into and is instantly the man. So, even if he is traded (which is looking less and less likely by the day), he's going from one committee to another. Was really hoping Detroit might go after him, but that didn't happen. I just don't see any other situation that turns him into a "league winner". 

Meanwhile, he's losing PT on his current team (an anemic offense at that) and has never been given the chance to carry the mail on a consistent basis. What does that tell you? Tells me this coaching staff (the second one in the last few years) doesn't see him as "the guy". 

Yeah, whoever dropped him in your league simply realized his value is trending down. That's all. 

LOL...right after I posted above I see this update:

• The Miami Herald reports the Lions and Titans have shown interest in trading for Kenyan Drake.

The Dolphins want a fourth-round pick for Drake, but no teams have come close to that. Playing in a contract year and averaging 3.7 YPC, Miami is likely going to have to lower its asking price if they want to move Drake. Drake doesn't look interested in re-signing with the Dolphins after his agent didn't respond to offers last month. He's a prime candidate to be traded ahead of Tuesday's deadline.

SOURCE: Miami Herald
    Oct 26, 2019, 9:04 AM ET

• Still don't think his value gets that much of a bump in either situation. Maybe Tennessee if he were to supplant Lewis. 
9 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I used to think that way. Not any more. There's no backfield situation in which he steps into and is instantly the man. So, even if he is traded (which is looking less and less likely by the day), he's going from one committee to another. Was really hoping Detroit might go after him, but that didn't happen. I just don't see any other situation that turns him into a "league winner". 

Meanwhile, he's losing PT on his current team (an anemic offense at that) and has never been given the chance to carry the mail on a consistent basis. What does that tell you? Tells me this coaching staff (the second one in the last few years) doesn't see him as "the guy". 

Yeah, whoever dropped him in your league simply realized his value is trending down. That's all. 

I just dropped him miliseconds before that rotoworld blurb came out. Of course.

That said, what value would he have in DET with T. Johnson and McKissic there? Or TN with Henry and D. Lewis?

I'm racking my brain for landing spots where he could take over and I just don't see it.

However, I may try to leave the door open in case he does land somewhere where is value can be unlocked. Clever option: Pick up P. Williams if Drake is on waivers. You could then drop Williams Monday and pick up Drake if news breaks Monday.

Drake would immediately make Dion Lewis irrelevant if he went to TN.

Why do you think TN is interested? Dion Lewis has been painfully bad.

Also, Drake had his best stats playing with Ryan tannehill at QB who is now starting for the Titans. TN doesn't really give Henry more than 20 carries a game, that would leave 8-12 rushes a game for Drake with all the passing down work, of course Henry would be the goal line back but for PPR players Drake would be very valuable and if you own Henry I would hesitate to start both as they would compliment each other they way they had hoped Dion Lewis would.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Drake would immediately make Dion Lewis irrelevant if he went to TN.

Why do you think TN is interested? Dion Lewis has been painfully bad.

Also, Drake had his best stats playing with Ryan tannehill at QB who is now starting for the Titans. TN doesn't really give Henry more than 20 carries a game, that would leave 8-12 rushes a game for Drake with all the passing down work, of course Henry would be the goal line back but for PPR players Drake would be very valuable and if you own Henry I would hesitate to start both as they would compliment each other they way they had hoped Dion Lewis would.

How many Alabama players are on your roster?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This guy's been held the entire season in every league I'm in.  What a waste of a roster spot.  It all comes down to a possible trade with the Lions to give him any sort of value.  Any other team gets Drake and I don't think his role changes much, at least not this year.  

37 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Miami wants a 4th rounder for Drake?

Is that a joke? He has absolutely no draft pick value at all, zero.

If Detroit would offer a 7th rounder they should absolutely take it.

I don't think a 4th or 5th is all that crazy for a versatile back that is still relatively young and has some good NFL tape when given the opportunity.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I don't think a 4th or 5th is all that crazy for a versatile back that is still relatively young and has some good NFL tape when given the opportunity.

I'm not saying Drake isn't any good I'm just saying he has literally no trade value.

He hasn't proven anything as far as him being a consistently good RB in this league. 

He's done pretty much nothing this year. People using the argument he's on a bad team are kidding themselves. There's productive RBs on bad teams every single year.