NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Allen 2019 Outlook

I love the tone of his blurb. Rotoworld writers really hate this guy 😂. I'm pretty sure the "rarely called at the NFL level" designed runs they've actually been calling for him since last year to take advantage of his athleticism but I could be wrong. 

Josh Allen completed 19-of-30 passes for 253 yards and a touchdown in the Bills' 28-14, Week 2 win over the Giants, adding seven rushes for 21 yards and an additional score.

Allen's "passing touchdown" was actually a pitch to Isaiah McKenzie. His rushing score came on a rarely-called-at-the-NFL-level quarterback sweep. Frank Gore was the lead blocker. Allen did a much better job managing the game against a bottom-level opponent one week after committing four turnovers. He also continued to develop connections with John Brown and Cole Beasley. Allen has a potential blow-up spot in Week 3 against the Bengals before a forbidding matchup with the Patriots.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps the wind will make him accurate.

Decent weeks...he was the #1 scoring fantasy QB over that time, I’d say he was pretty decent...   Allen has the upside to be the #1 fantasy QB for 2019. Not saying it’s going to happen but i

Best QB of the 2018 NFL Draft, as I said it before that draft.    

He definitely seems to pass the eye test.  Albeit against a pretty weak D, but he looks very composed and confident out there.  He's not just flinging jump-balls or taking off running at the drop of a hat.  He's going through his reads and finding open receivers, and making all the throws.  When he sees a big hole or things completely break down he can scramble for lots of positive yardage.  Very dangerous with his legs around the goal line.

At the start of the year I thought he would be someone that looks like a young and inexperienced QB, but has the arm strength and legs to gain some ugly fantasy points.  What I've seen though is much better than expected, an actual decent QB.  If anything there were a couple big plays that his WR/TE's should have had, as the passes were great, but just so hard that the ball went right through their hands.  

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I love the tone of his blurb. Rotoworld writers really hate this guy 😂. I'm pretty sure the "rarely called at the NFL level" designed runs they've actually been calling for him since last year to take advantage of his athleticism but I could be wrong. 

Josh Allen completed 19-of-30 passes for 253 yards and a touchdown in the Bills' 28-14, Week 2 win over the Giants, adding seven rushes for 21 yards and an additional score.

Allen's "passing touchdown" was actually a pitch to Isaiah McKenzie. His rushing score came on a rarely-called-at-the-NFL-level quarterback sweep. Frank Gore was the lead blocker. Allen did a much better job managing the game against a bottom-level opponent one week after committing four turnovers. He also continued to develop connections with John Brown and Cole Beasley. Allen has a potential blow-up spot in Week 3 against the Bengals before a forbidding matchup with the Patriots.

I've seen the "4 turnovers" hyped up a lot from Week 1, but what most sources don't report is that the 2 INT's were both off receivers' hands.  Pretty hard to fault a QB if it hits a WR in the hands.  

Also what is a "forbidding" matchup?  Do they mean foreboding?  Do they have Ricky from Trailer Park Boys writing there now?  I'm all in for that Week 4 matchup vs the Pats, they are going to have to let Allen really toss it to try and keep up.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

I've seen the "4 turnovers" hyped up a lot from Week 1, but what most sources don't report is that the 2 INT's were both off receivers' hands.  Pretty hard to fault a QB if it hits a WR in the hands.  

Also what is a "forbidding" matchup?  Do they mean foreboding?  Do they have Ricky from Trailer Park Boys writing there now?  I'm all in for that Week 4 matchup vs the Pats, they are going to have to let Allen really toss it to try and keep up.   

I agree on the Pats matchup. Both of those teams might be 3-0 when they play. I don't expect the Bills to win but I do expect Allen to get his points trying to keep his team in the game, even if some of it is garbage time. 

18 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

Well 1 was off Beasley's hands, the other was deflected up at the line by an unblocked pass rusher... But also one of the "fumbles" never reached Allen's hands, the DT jumped tge snap coubt, center got canned, and snapped it off his thigh.

• Thanks 1

he is just so much better than last year, he has literally improved at everything he sucked at last year. i am so so so excited. i believe he will finish between 8-10. remember the weather here gets bad pretty soon. the line looks pretty good too. things are great here right now.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, handyandy86 said:

I don’t look at four turnovers as a reason to judge his abilities - I only looked at it as, “the guy had four turnovers and still scored ~20.”  Turnovers will come, but his rushing and that offense almost negate them.  

I know it was the Giants, but I really like him this year, particularly in 4-point passing TD leagues. You not only get a high floor, but a pretty high ceiling as well. Assuming he stays healthy I'd expect him to finish in that QB5-QB8 range. 

Love this kid and his attitude. He also has the  perfect balance of passing to running to last as well. He seems to get a slight bit better each week in the NFL. And Beasley was a really smart get for him. Actually Brown too. Their GM deserves HUGE  kudos for turning this around. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, swetooth9 said:

no question against the Bengals, but do we play him against New England?

I'm seeing how the matchup against Cincinnati makes me feel. Divisional matchups sometimes can be complete chaos and any sort of tested theories go out the window. I really like where Allen has been trending.

7 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I just outspent the next bidder by like $15 on Allen.  I was deadset on getting him rostered.  I am sold on this Buffalo team being fantasy relevant all year long.  Having a strong D gets the ball back in your hands.  Allen makes plays...give me those rushing yards baby!!

Seems like the Bills are deadest on throwing the ball and there have been plenty of designed runs for Allen too, which is surprising. Bills schedule is also very friendly except for the two games vs New England - Allen really struggled against them last year.

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Seems like the Bills are deadest on throwing the ball and there have been plenty of designed runs for Allen too, which is surprising. Bills schedule is also very friendly except for the two games vs New England - Allen really struggled against them last year.

With Brees and Ben out, the path for this guy to be Top 10 in the league is huge.  I wouldn't leave him on the waivers for others to pick up (thinking 12 team league).