NBC Sports Edge Forums

Triston Casas- CI -Red Sox

Our boy was named Prospect1500's Player of the Week in Double A today:

Double-A

HITTER: Triston Casas, 1B (Boston Red Sox #1)
Portland Sea Dogs (6 G, .462/.481/.846, 12 H, 3 HR, 1 2B, 10 RBI)
The Boston Red Sox top prospect really loved hitting in Hartford last week as the 21-year-old collected at least one hit in every game and multiple hits in four of his six contests. He posted a six RBI game on May 12th that featured three extra base hits including two homers.

Triston Casas (.951 OPS) had two more hits today and Ronaldo Hernandez (.806 OPS) belted his second home run of the season. pic.twitter.com/cjgDu10wHM

— Red Sox Stats (@redsoxstats) May 17, 2021

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to check in on my boy    👀  

Fangraphs have him as the red sox number one prospect as a guy who almost has no defensive value. Granted it's not the best system, but still.   This last line in their write up  

Lifelong Yankee fan and hate anything Boston, but even i agree , this kid is going to be a monster and I've stashed him in every dynasty league I could since last year.

• 2 weeks later...

He's back from Olympic qualifiers!

Nice to see his name in the MiLB box scores again.

Maybe a late summer cup of coffee...especially with the Red Sox 1B woes? 🤞

Casas went 2-for-3 with a walk, two runs, a stolen base and an RBI in Double-A Portland's 9-8 win over New Hampshire on Tuesday.

Spin: The 21-year-old first baseman had been inactive for Portland for the past two weeks due to obligations for Summer Olympics qualifiers, but he was back in action Tuesday. He didn't miss a beat in his return to the lineup, extending his streak of two-hit games to four thanks to his pair of singles. He's now slashing .343/.418/.557 with four home runs and 17 RBI across 79 plate appearances for the Double-A affiliate.
37 minutes ago, Wieties said:

He's back from Olympic qualifiers!

Nice to see his name in the MiLB box scores again.

Maybe a late summer cup of coffee...especially with the Red Sox 1B woes? 🤞

I'd like to see him promoted to AAA (hopefully soon) and prove it there before they make the Red Sox have a decision. I'm not sure he's ready yet to be an impact player in the majors, but it might not be too far away.

On 5/13/2021 at 11:22 AM, Wieties said:

From Michael Avallone @MavalloneMiLB :
...    "I'm not putting any expectations on myself this year. I don't have any specific numbers in mind," Casas said. "I just want to stay healthy, go out there every day and play hard to see where it gets me. I'm not Major League ready yet. I have a lot of work to do, but I'm happy to do it and get where I want to go."

I like his attitude.  A lot of guys get so arrogant when they become top prospects and expect to be promoted asap.  This was refreshing to read.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

I thought the same when I read it.

No "I'm going to prove to the teams that passed on me at the draft that they made a mistake."

No arrogance, No chest thumping, No attitude...

Just "I wanna play the game, do what I can and they'll promote me when I'm ready"

I'm no Red Sox fan but I think I'll be a big Triston Casas fan

Edited by Wieties
  • Like 1

Welcome to the 55 EV club on fangraphs! Which they said is very rare for a right handed 1B prospect.  If he’s a top 45ish real life prospect, with his fielding and base running deficiencies… 

On 3/28/2021 at 6:50 AM, brockpapersizer said:

👀

I feel similar about him as I did Pete Alonso, although Casas is younger and I think has a better hit tool. I'll concede the power might be less than Alonso, but it's still quite big time power. 

Eric Longenhagen a couple days ago

Triston Casas and Noelvi Marte, who a scout told us took one of the best BPs he’s seen from a teenager, both moved into the 55 FV tier. Casas’ move is significant because it’s very rare for no-doubt 1B/DH types to slot above the 50s. We like him more than we did the prospect versions of Rhys Hoskins and Pete Alonso

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Realistic ETA for this guy?

He's been cold lately, but this year was probably a pipe dream anyway. Best case realistically is April, more likely June/July next year.

• Like 2