NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dee Gordon 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Basically out 3+ weeks with a bruised wrist

You seen the Ms record the last month?  I'd take as much time off as they'd give me too. 😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He had 30 last year.....where the heck are the extra 30 coming with another year older, another year crappier.  He’s got an absolute awful hit tool, he truly sucks, and a terrible Obp to boot.  I’d se

Dont agree at all, personally. I see your pacing argument below. He needs 10 SBs a month roughly to hit 60. He had 10 in April, but not more then 6 any month afterward. At an increasing age and a decl

I'd rather Villar I think.

42 minutes ago, LosPadres said:

Activated today but not playing? Looks like conflicting reports out there right now:

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/656924/mariners-dee-gordon-reinstated-playing-vs-twins/

https://www.mlb.com/mariners/roster/starting-lineups

It would be strange to activate him before the game to not play him, no?

They did the same thing with Blackman,  he didn't start the first game 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Is it crazy to think about dropping?

Only on pace for like 20-30 SBs and does literally nothing else, at least on SEA.

But if he's traded to a contender, he'll still probably bat low

Been thinking about it

Batting 9th diminishes his value imo.  He won't get as many ABs and his run scoring will likely be negatively affected.  Considering he was already a net zero in HR's and RBI, he's a considerable drag in the juiced ball era.  You need to have excess power at other positions to account for his lack of it.  Plus, his days of being a 60 bag threat might be over.  Maybe he gets traded (seattle would have to eat lots of money which they've shown a willingness to do) and his prospects change.   Bottom line is if you have a lot of power in your lineup and desperately need SB's then he might be a fair target.  If not then be mindful that he's likely not the player we're accustomed to seeing.

16 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

Batting 9th diminishes his value imo.  He won't get as many ABs and his run scoring will likely be negatively affected.  Considering he was already a net zero in HR's and RBI, he's a considerable drag in the juiced ball era.  You need to have excess power at other positions to account for his lack of it.  Plus, his days of being a 60 bag threat might be over.  Maybe he gets traded (seattle would have to eat lots of money which they've shown a willingness to do) and his prospects change.   Bottom line is if you have a lot of power in your lineup and desperately need SB's then he might be a fair target.  If not then be mindful that he's likely not the player we're accustomed to seeing.

Waiting for a trade, but if we are being honest, he has been abysmal 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

What's going on with this guy?  

He sucks?  It’s not a very complex issue.  He’s a loser.  Losers don’t hit well.  I could go into more depth but why bother?  

Edited by Cmilne23
On 7/8/2019 at 5:34 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

do we all agree he will most likely be traded by the deadline? a change of scenery could definitely increase his value. 

He's garbage, what exactly do you think he's worth in a trade? Going to another team wouldn't help his fantasy value anyway. He'd still be waiver fodder

On 7/19/2019 at 1:30 PM, cs3 said:

He's garbage, what exactly do you think he's worth in a trade? Going to another team wouldn't help his fantasy value anyway. He'd still be waiver fodder

Plus even if he does get traded he'll probably end up in a utility role/PR and have even less value.

• 4 weeks later...