NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trevor Bauer 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bauer should be able to throw the ball over the outfield wall in Cincinnati with relative ease I think this bodes well for his value rest of season.

Anyone care to discuss actual numbers, performance, and his potential to sustain? Or we should we continue to complain about his maturity as the thread complains about his Twitter? 2.21 ERA backe

A NL pitcher's ERA is anywhere from a half point to one point less because of pitching to wussy pushovers otherwise know as pitchers with bats.  And I've seen some people post here that they never eve

6 minutes ago, Theschill38 said:

Good news: Gets to face pitchers.

Bad News: Plays for the Reds.

Yeah NL and no DH, but in a band-box for a much weaker team now.  Fantasy-wise, I am guessing it ends up being a push but that is just my gut feeling.

I don't mind the move. Reds offense has Scooter getting healthy and now have a spot open for Ervin. Reds pitchers have actually done pretty good this year. Gray has rejuvenated himself in Cincy and Castillo is a beast. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

Yeah NL and no DH, but in a band-box for a much weaker team now.  Fantasy-wise, I am guessing it ends up being a push but that is just my gut feeling.

And gets the joy of facing the Cubs, Yelich, Pirates, and Cardinals

I'm selling where I can

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

So this is very bad right? lol

A NL pitcher's ERA is anywhere from a half point to one point less because of pitching to wussy pushovers otherwise know as pitchers with bats.  And I've seen some people post here that they never ever would draft an AL pitch because of this.  So no, it isn't bad for him.

• Like 6

I just want to know when his first start for the Reds will be. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox8.com/2019/07/31/former-indians-pitcher-trevor-speaks-out-for-the-first-time-after-being-traded/amp/

"Bauer met with the media Wednesday and disclosed that he has been pitching with an assortment of injuries all season including a partially torn ankle ligament and back spasms." 

• Like 1

^another impact is having Raisel Iglesias & Co. coming on to try to save the game for you, instead of Brad Hand.

Seriously though...

10 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

"Bauer met with the media Wednesday and disclosed that he has been pitching with an assortment of injuries all season including a partially torn ankle ligament and back spasms."

Really? This guy is such a jackass (I know, newsflash). It's a 162 game baseball season. Nearly every pitcher in the league is dealing with stuff, yet only one is "disclosing it" to the media as an excuse for sucking.

4 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

Really? This guy is such a jackass (I know, newsflash). It's a 162 game baseball season. Nearly every pitcher in the league is dealing with stuff, yet only one is "disclosing it" to the media as an excuse for sucking.

That's definitely not the case. Maybe overall fatigue sure but legit injuries, no. This isn't football.

And the news about his ankle injury had been out for a while. I mentioned on the last page a month ago, though I don't remember where I read it. Either on here or reddit I think. But it's not like this news hasn't been public for the last month+

• 2 weeks later...

Team debut against the Braves was rough, but hearing crickets after his home debut (a notoriously hitter-friendly park) in which he struck out 11 in a quality start against the Cubs. Did give up another homer and his control has been frustrating to say the least, but the off-speed looked excellent and overall it looked like the Bauer of 2018. Here's hoping he's feeling healthy and can carry this momentum into fantasy playoff season. //

• Like 1

Yowza.  9 earnies vs. a pretty average Nats offense .  The change of scenery doesn't seem to have changed his feast or famine tendencies thus far.  Is this just who he is at this point?  A scratch-off winner's Robbie Ray?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Yowza.  9 earnies vs. a pretty average Nats offense .  The change of scenery doesn't seem to have changed his feast or famine tendencies thus far.  Is this just who he is at this point?  A scratch-off winner's Robbie Ray?

I’d probably argue that the Nats are a top 10 offense.  12th currently.  Fought through some tough injuries early and have been pretty well oiled last few months.  But yes, Bauer is definitely is who he is for this season.  I’d probably take him at face value that he’s pitching hurt.  I don’t think he’s this bad.  He’s a pretty strange dude though so you can almost guarantee you never know what you’ll get out of him.  For next year he’s definitely out of my top 10.  I’d take him as a SP2/3 and hope for a nice ROI.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

As someone who loves random player comps, this is amazing

• Like 1

I guess it's still a small sample vs. NL. Personally, I thought the move might actually end up being good for him even though it was to the Reds. Despite playing in that ballpark, they've given up less runs than everyone in the league except the Dodgers and Cards and they're easily a top ten defense, probably a bit better than the Indians. Plus no DH.

At least he didn't walk a bunch of guys, although maybe he should have considering the results.

Worst start of the season. And he's put up some bad ones.

• Like 1