NBC Sports Edge Forums

Todd Gurley 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The Rams offense needs to return to last year and Gurley will return ADP value. The problem is the offense hasn’t been nearly as explosive making that split hurt. 

I put that on the loss of Sullivan and Saffold up front. Lost probably their two best OLinemen.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean the phantom thigh bruise they reported because his arthritic knee was acting up? Yeah, sure...he's good to go. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

I'm very encouraged by his usage today. I was surprised to see him in the game during garbage time; that suggests there's no issues with his knee. 

What are you talking about? After he scored he looked like he couldn't get up. Had to have his team help him up. Then after that the Rams had the ball on the 1 yard line and Gurley was riding the bike. How would you not notice that?

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

What are you talking about? After he scored he looked like he couldn't get up. Had to have his team help him up. Then after that the Rams had the ball on the 1 yard line and Gurley was riding the bike. How would you not notice that?

As much as I hate to agree I do.

It’s the exact same feeling I get with DJ. They just don’t look the same. It’s not that they look bad or like JAGs they just lost “it”. I still see Gurley being an every week set and forget low end RB1 but it’s a shame he doesn’t seem as dominant. 

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, devaster said:

I put that on the loss of Sullivan and Saffold up front. Lost probably their two best OLinemen.

Saffold is a huge loss. Sullivan? To say he was better than Whitworth is crazy talk. Hell, Blythe was better than Sullivan last year. (although both got manhandled in the Super Bowl.) That said, I watched every game last year, and both this year, and the decline of Gurley is clearly evident to realistic Ram fans. The only real burst I saw today was on the TD run, and he was wiped after that. (he had one more drive the rest of the game, but the game was decided by then.) This offense will hum when Gurley inevitably bows out and Brown/Henderson take the reigns, and while it's not what I was hoping for, it's the most realistic outcome. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

As much as I hate to agree I do.

It’s the exact same feeling I get with DJ. They just don’t look the same. It’s not that they look bad or like JAGs they just lost “it”. I still see Gurley being an every week set and forget low end RB1 but it’s a shame he doesn’t seem as dominant. 

Oh man yes, david Johnson looked Like he was running around with a 80lb weighted vest.

2 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

WTF??????

Wow. So wrong.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Mathew Berry said:

Oh man yes, david Johnson looked Like he was running around with a 80lb weighted vest.

That weighted vest’s name is “Arizona Cardinals’ O-Line”.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ponza88 said:

WTF??????

Wow. So wrong.

What you blind? You didn't see that? It was clear as day for anyone actually paying attention. You can pretend like you don't notice anything but its there. I don't wish anything bad toward Gurley. He was a great football player hope he gets better and gets back to his old self but he is obviously not the same. Why else are they giving the guy around 15 touches when he used to be the bell cow? Giving Brown goal line work? Had the ball on the one yard line today and Gurley is riding the bike grimacing. Common man.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

All players ride the bike to stay loose.  You're seeing what you want to see to fit your own narrative. If he wasn't healthy he wouldn't be getting carries in garbage time. And it was already explained that Brown will get some series and the coaching staff doesn't like substituting the RB during a drive. Do your research before posting this BS garbage on here. 

Edited by gbill2004
  • Like 3
50 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

All players ride the bike to stay loose.  You're seeing what you want to see to fit your own narrative. If he wasn't healthy he wouldn't be getting carries in garbage time. And it was already explained that Brown will get some series and the coaching staff doesn't like substituting the RB during a drive. Do your research before posting this BS garbage on here. 

Yeah people are being ridiculous. There are series where Gurley is out and they don't sub rbs in. Brown is going to score a few times this year on those drives but he is by no means the goal line back. It's not like they're pulling Gurley at the 1. He's still getting the majority of the carries. 

4 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

What you blind? You didn't see that? It was clear as day for anyone actually paying attention. You can pretend like you don't notice anything but its there. I don't wish anything bad toward Gurley. He was a great football player hope he gets better and gets back to his old self but he is obviously not the same. Why else are they giving the guy around 15 touches when he used to be the bell cow? Giving Brown goal line work? Had the ball on the one yard line today and Gurley is riding the bike grimacing. Common man.

Come on now, they’re clearly setting a pattern of their use and you’re just ignoring that to try to prove a point. Whichever RB starts the drive will get the goal line work, they literally told that to Josina Anderson before the games. Brown started that drive so he got the goal line work, the drive where Gurley scored a short/goal line TD he started the drive so he got the carries down there. He’s getting 2/3 drives which once the sample size expands means he will end up getting about 2/3 of the goal line work. 

• Like 2

You guys narrate it however you want it. Meanwhile why was Gurley always the bell cow in years past? Why did they start to split the carries up starting from end of last year? Didn’t they already tell you cause of his knee? You think they would have Goff sneak it in from the 1 yard line two years ago? Give me a break. If you don’t want to see it then don’t look but it’s there. He’s not the same guy. 

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys narrate it however you want it. Meanwhile why was Gurley always the bell cow in years past? Why did they start to split the carries up starting from end of last year? Didn’t they already tell you cause of his knee? You think they would have Goff sneak it in from the 1 yard line two years ago? Give me a break. If you don’t want to see it then don’t look but it’s there. He’s not the same guy. 

He might not be the same guy. And the Rams realized they needed to manage his reps better to have him available in the post-season. That is why they are rotating Gurley and Brown on offensive possessions. But Gurley still looks good and can be very productive.

11 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

What are you talking about? After he scored he looked like he couldn't get up. Had to have his team help him up. 

Huge difference between choosing to let your teammates help you up - like football and basketball players ALWAYS DO compared to he "couldn't get up".  Haaaaaaaaaaaa.  You are reading into this split second of film way too much.  

I think I rather have them use Gurley this way than giving him all the touches early in the season and having him burnt out/injured come playoffs. We should be all be wanting his situation/usage. Even if it continues throughout the season, its not like we invested a first round pick on him. (This is what I say to myself to help me sleep at night.)

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

He might not be the same guy. And the Rams realized they needed to manage his reps better to have him available in the post-season. That is why they are rotating Gurley and Brown on offensive possessions. But Gurley still looks good and can be very productive.

Yeah I’m not saying he won’t be productive. He shows flashes of his old self. I’m just saying that he won’t be the Gurley of two years ago. The guy everyone was hoping he would return to getting 20 plus touches every week and like 90-95% of the goal line touches. He should fall somewhere between low end RB 1 to high end RB2. That’s if he lasts the season.

Edited by StevenSC400
2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Yeah I’m not saying he won’t be productive. He shows flashes of his old self. I’m just saying that he won’t be the Gurley of two years ago. The guy everyone was hoping he would return to getting 20 plus touches every week and like 90-95% of the goal line touches. He should fall somewhere between low end RB 1 to high end RB2. That’s if he lasts the season.

No one is saying he will be the guy from two seasons ago. That has already been clearly explained and laid out. Can you find anyone in the last page of replies that has said he will be the same guy as two seasons ago?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, devaster said:

No one is saying he will be the guy from two seasons ago. That has already been clearly explained and laid out. Can you find anyone in the last page of replies that has said he will be the same guy as two seasons ago?

I don’t think anyone said it. I’m just saying people I’m sure we’re hoping it. You didn’t hope he would? I don’t think people would have drafted Gurley in the second round if they thought his ceiling would be low end Rb1. I’m also saying that while he shows flashes of himself there’s times where he looks like he is slowed down too. Slow to get up showing grimace on his face etc. anyway I’m not going to go back and forth on here. As I said before I do hope he gets better. But I’m just not seeing it. 

Edited by StevenSC400
1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

I don’t think anyone said it. I’m just saying people I’m sure we’re hoping it. You didn’t hope he would? I don’t think people would have drafted Gurley in the second round if they thought his ceiling would be low end Rb1. I’m also saying that while he shows flashes of himself there’s times where he looks like he is slowed down too. Slow to get up showing grimace on his face etc. anyway I’m not going to go back and forth on here. As I said before I do hope he gets better. But I’m just not seeing it. 

Low end RB1 in the 2nd round is a great draft pick. Tell me that is what a RB will produce in the 2nd round and I'll take that safe draft pick.

He was going in the 2nd round and later because people had no idea about his usage going into this season. And whether or not his play from the post-season would continue. Now we know the usage and now we know that he looks good.

Just now, devaster said:

Low end RB1 in the 2nd round is a great draft pick. Tell me that is what a RB will produce in the 2nd round and I'll take that safe draft pick.

He was going in the 2nd round and later because people had no idea about his usage going into this season. And whether or not his play from the post-season would continue. Now we know the usage and now we know that he looks good.

So the low end RB 1 part looks to be like his ceiling. Again me personally I don’t draft guys in the second with a ceiling of low end Rb1. His ceiling should be top 5. If I knew 100% what his usage would be I would for example rather take my chances on someone like Dalvin cook, Chubb, etc or maybe get a WR with a top 5 ceiling.

17 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Gurley could be someone whose usage explodes at the end of the fantasy season. 

Regardless, getting his points consistently on a high scoring team for a 2nd round pick is not a bad deal at all. 

If Gurley is your 2nd RB- good job.

If Bell is my first and Mostert / Penny is my third - are you telling me I did a good job now?  (I did have Lamar RIP)

• Haha 1