NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jimmy Garoppolo 2019 Outlook

urban2014

24 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Suggs and Chandler Jones.  Can't tell if you're serious or not.  At one point in the game he was wearing one of them as a backpack.  The Niners are down to two backup tackles.

Correct. He was under pressure on one play which resulted in the CJ sack

9 hours ago, Greg83 said:

Lol

To be fair, I did say virtually. I guess if he gets to play the worst pass defense who also does a good job against their run and the defense looks mediocre and he posts career highs every week, I guess there is upside there. 

Hopefully everyone here plays in leagues that award bench and/or watch list points so people could take advantage!

3 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Correct. He was under pressure on one play which resulted in the CJ sack

You either didn't watch the game or you're in the Garoppolo hater crowd that is still hanging on to the incorrect belief that he's Matt Cassell or something.

Follow Brian Baldinger on Twitter, he compared his foot movement in the pocket to Joe Montana.  I'm just a dude who watches football, but Baldy is highly respected in the NFL community.

4 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

You either didn't watch the game or you're in the Garoppolo hater crowd that is still hanging on to the incorrect belief that he's Matt Cassell or something.

Follow Brian Baldinger on Twitter, he compared his foot movement in the pocket to Joe Montana.  I'm just a dude who watches football, but Baldy is highly respected in the NFL community.

He actually compare him to Joe Mantegna but they were still good to watch. 

13 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I was at the game...no pressure and PP is a shell of himself

Jimmy G was pretty awesome last night.  This is the guy that SF thought they were getting when they made him their franchise QB.  Accurate, comfortable, and in complete command.

Erin Andrews seemed pretty smitten too.  Erin: "How's it feel to be 8 and 0?"  Jimmy G: "It feels good, baby!  Happy Halloween!"  And then he gave the over the shoulder look back as he was walking away.  Yeah, Jimmy, right on...after that type of game, you might as well take your shot.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:04 PM, CooL said:

Jimmy G was pretty awesome last night.  This is the guy that SF thought they were getting when they made him their franchise QB.  Accurate, comfortable, and in complete command.

Erin Andrews seemed pretty smitten too.  Erin: "How's it feel to be 8 and 0?"  Jimmy G: "It feels good, baby!  Happy Halloween!"  And then he gave the over the shoulder look back as he was walking away.  Yeah, Jimmy, right on...after that type of game, you might as well take your shot.

ya mean he didn't jump up and down screaming like a jackarse "YOU DON'T TRY ME WIT NO BS CORNER LIKE PAT PETE!!!1!!1!  YOU DON'T TRY ME!!1!1!"

🤔

7 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

Anyone giving Jimmy G a shot this week a bye week filler?

I'm considering it but a little worried the 49ers might run all over the seahawks with their starting OT's and FB returning from injury resulting in fewer pass attempts.

St.Russel is gonna feast on that defense ... Jimmy gonna throw!

• 3 weeks later...

Garoppolo clearly is not comfortable throwing the ball in the rain.  Information to store away for future use.  That said, I thought he played pretty admirably consideration the conditions.  This was his 2nd monsoon of the season.  I find it a little comical that the end result paints such a contrasting picture from the reality of the game.  Garoppolo continues to just get dogged by folks in the media and I'm just not having it.  The only stat that is ever referenced for Jimmy G is TD to Int Ratio, despite his offense's elite scoring rates and his efficiency in his 22 starts.  Here are Tom Brady's statistics in his first 6 seasons up until his age 30 Randy Moss record setting year:

63.9%, 2,843 Yds, 6.9 YPA, 18:12 TD:Int

62.1%, 3,764 Yds, 6.3 YPA, 28:14 TD:Int

60.2%, 3,620 Yds, 6.9 YPA, 23:12 TD:Int

60.8%, 3,692 Yds, 7.8 YPA, 28:14 TD:Int

63.0%, 4,110 Yds, 7.8 YPA, 26:14 TD:Int

61.8%, 3,529 Yds, 6.8 YPA, 24:12 TD:Int

For good measure, here is Brady's 8th full season after returning from an ACL the prior year (still with Moss)

65.7%, 4,398 Yds, 7.8 YPA, 28:13 TD:Int

This is Jimmy Garoppolo's line this season 75% of the way through, coming off an ACL tear, where he's being treated like Trent Dilfer.

69%, 2,896 Yds, 8.1 YPA, 21:10 TD:Int

The guy deserves so much more respect than he gets.  He plays to win, he doesn't play scared not to make mistakes.  People used to respect that back in the day, but now low Interceptions and rushing yards are the new barometer of Quarterback play.  I'd take him over Lamar Jackson for the next 10 years without a single ounce of hesitation.

12 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Garoppolo clearly is not comfortable throwing the ball in the rain.  Information to store away for future use.  That said, I thought he played pretty admirably consideration the conditions.  This was his 2nd monsoon of the season.  I find it a little comical that the end result paints such a contrasting picture from the reality of the game.  Garoppolo continues to just get dogged by folks in the media and I'm just not having it.  The only stat that is ever referenced for Jimmy G is TD to Int Ratio, despite his offense's elite scoring rates and his efficiency in his 22 starts.  Here are Tom Brady's statistics in his first 6 seasons up until his age 30 Randy Moss record setting year:

63.9%, 2,843 Yds, 6.9 YPA, 18:12 TD:Int

62.1%, 3,764 Yds, 6.3 YPA, 28:14 TD:Int

60.2%, 3,620 Yds, 6.9 YPA, 23:12 TD:Int

60.8%, 3,692 Yds, 7.8 YPA, 28:14 TD:Int

63.0%, 4,110 Yds, 7.8 YPA, 26:14 TD:Int

61.8%, 3,529 Yds, 6.8 YPA, 24:12 TD:Int

For good measure, here is Brady's 8th full season after returning from an ACL the prior year (still with Moss)

65.7%, 4,398 Yds, 7.8 YPA, 28:13 TD:Int

This is Jimmy Garoppolo's line this season 75% of the way through, coming off an ACL tear, where he's being treated like Trent Dilfer.

69%, 2,896 Yds, 8.1 YPA, 21:10 TD:Int

The guy deserves so much more respect than he gets.  He plays to win, he doesn't play scared not to make mistakes.  People used to respect that back in the day, but now low Interceptions and rushing yards are the new barometer of Quarterback play.  I'd take him over Lamar Jackson for the next 10 years without a single ounce of hesitation.

Yea he seems pretty good to me. Don't see any reason why he can't consistently put up Matt Ryan type numbers. The only real problem with his production this season has been the consistent lack of passing gameflow. I don't see why he couldn't put up 300/2 weekly if he had a more normal team/defense.