NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julian Edelman 2019 Outlook

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha, you have a point.  I mostly post while at the office, so that's where my mind-set is at I guess.  In this instance though the last post was from 2/12, so this was more about me liking Edelman an

Dropped

HANDSHAKES AND HIGHFIVES BOYS!! the ppr monster is back 

1 hour ago, ginocan said:

QFT 

1 hour ago, Mr Rourke said:

I don't know what that means, but I'm not scared of another receiver coming. Brady knifed a throw into a spot in the zone where he KNEW Edelman would be last night. The telepathy/trust is real. 

Quoted for truth?  Sort of like somebody saying "Word". 

I don't know, he balled out this week once JG is finally banished.  I don't think it really matters if there is a deep threat since Brady doesn't really look to chuck it anyway.  I owned both Edelman and JG and hated to have them both, but couldn't really drop JG.  I'm glad the Pats made the decision for me.  This will hopefully funnel even more targets towards Edelman's way.  Will remain to be seen how Sanu's presence impacts the short-middle field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Mr Rourke said:

I don't know what that means, but I'm not scared of another receiver coming. Brady knifed a throw into a spot in the zone where he KNEW Edelman would be last night. The telepathy/trust is real. 

Well they're pushing hard for Robby Anderson for what it's worth. If another receiver comes into the situation, it will be him.

3 hours ago, CamNewton said:

Well they're pushing hard for Robby Anderson for what it's worth. If another receiver comes into the situation, it will be him.

Why would the Jets trade to their hated division rival unless they get a deal they can't turn down?

5 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Why would the Jets trade to their hated division rival unless they get a deal they can't turn down?

I believe the Jets do NOT want to trade him to the Patriots. However, I think the Jets do want to ship him away for a draft pick, and the Patriots seem to have made the best offer per rumors floating around. If nobody makes the Jets a better offer than the Patriots have already made, it could really go either way.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, wasn't worried at all this week until now reading the blurb seeing they have to see how he looks this morning.  If he goes down, he's going to hurt a ton of teams chances to get to the ship.

50 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

He looked god awful yesterday against the bengals... can we can trust him against the bills this saturday?

I'm gonna seriously think about sitting him if I get Perriman (who was dropped right before kickoff) off the wire. With zero deep threat, Bills could easily take Edelman out of the game. 

5 minutes ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

I'm gonna seriously think about sitting him if I get Perriman (who was dropped right before kickoff) off the wire. With zero deep threat, Bills could easily take Edelman out of the game. 

In what world do you sit Edelman?😂

2 minutes ago, OdellBaconJr said:

in typical fantasy football fashion your stud doesn't show up when they have been consistent all year... will probably bounce back next though 

Could. Other than last week, his lowest targets, catches, and points came against the bills this year. 7 points. Bills give the Brady fits...not an easy matchup by any means. 

3 hours ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

Could. Other than last week, his lowest targets, catches, and points came against the bills this year. 7 points. Bills give the Brady fits...not an easy matchup by any means

Not saying the Bills won't give him fits on Saturday but the Brady is 31-3 against the Bills: Miami is the team in the AFC east that has in Brady's era give the Pats the most trouble

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/splits/

6 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Not saying the Bills won't give him fits on Saturday but the Brady is 31-3 against the Bills: Miami is the team in the AFC east that has in Brady's era give the Pats the most trouble

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/splits/

I'm way more worried about the Bills, specifically this year. They got pressure on Brady all game last meeting, and took Edelman out of the game. With the Pats having no deep threat, I assume the the script will look pretty much the same. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

I'm way more worried about the Bills, specifically this year. They got pressure on Brady all game last meeting, and took Edelman out of the game. With the Pats having no deep threat, I assume the the script will look pretty much the same. 

I have no doubts the Bills will give him fit on Saturday...If fact I would be surprised in the Bills pulled out the W, just pointing out the history...Just to keep on topic, I don't see how Eledman has a good game: the Bills will take him away....Say 5 for 55 no TD's

Edited by hockeyfan77
Spelling
17 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I have no doubts the Bills will give him fit on Saturday...If fact I would be surprised in the Bills pulled out the W, just pointing out the history...Just to keep on topic, I don't see how Eledman has a good game: the Bills will take him away....Say 5 for 55 no TD's

My thoughts exactly. Think the pats squeak one out but that's roughly my prediction for Edelmans game. Might play perriman over him and hope for the best. Opponent has big time receivers in cake matchups so I may need a home run.

Getting worried about this guy. Reports now is that he has some knee tendon damage as well in addition to all the chest and shoulder injuries that he has had all season. Only played 40 snaps and less targets and only two catches last game. He’s the PPR #4 WR but I’m actually thinking of sitting him in ship week which is crazy. 

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Getting worried about this guy. Reports now is that he has some knee tendon damage as well in addition to all the chest and shoulder injuries that he has had all season. Only played 40 snaps and less targets and only two catches last game. He’s the PPR #4 WR but I’m actually thinking of sitting him in ship week which is crazy. 

Yup, dicey at best. Add that the only game game with less fantasy points than last week was the bills earlier this year. That defense is legit and they game plan for Edelman.

1 hour ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I agree that Buffalo is not an ideal matchup but the only way I would consider sitting Edelman is if reports indicate that he will be limited and/or significantly less than 100%. 

He looked significantly less than 100% last week...Probably, one of the worst games I have seen him play

8 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I agree that Buffalo is not an ideal matchup but the only way I would consider sitting Edelman is if reports indicate that he will be limited and/or significantly less than 100%. 

Well they'll never say that. He was pretty much a decoy last week. Reports are he basically fought with the medical staff to play, who told him to sit.