NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook

24 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

I do not think he means it, I think he is trying to pressure the Patriots to get more offensive help.  

He just said the right things for another year with the Patriots.   My bet is he retires if they release him.

Release him?

That is not on the table sir.

TB isn't retiring. No clue where he will be playing though.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends what your definition of GOAT is. Honestly, i'm not too into NFL history like I am with the NBA so I can only speak from guys i've seen.  PERSONALLY, I rather have Rodgers and Manning.

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants" are angry people. I cannot stand Boston sports fans for the most part, but how about giving them the respect of calling them fans instead of "sychophants"? Lik

Logic always goes out the window when discussing Brady because if you don't like him you've already made up your mind on this years ago and nothing will change your opinion.. he could win two more Sup

Since Brady is an unrestricted free agent, the Patriots would have to affirmitively re-sign him.  That is looking doubtful atm.

I think Brady is going to sign with another team.  And he won't have nearly as much success with his new club.  In fact, I predict disaster.

6 hours ago, Sivaro said:

My guess is he retires before he goes to another team.

The legend may never play again.

He thrives on doing things people say he cannot do. I highly doubt he is done. 

I think the Pats organization will resign him. I don’t think the Pats loss is due to inability at QB position. 

54 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Since Brady is an unrestricted free agent, the Patriots would have to affirmitively re-sign him.  That is looking doubtful atm.

I think Brady is going to sign with another team.  And he won't have nearly as much success with his new club.  In fact, I predict disaster.

How is he looking "doubtful" when the pats and brady himself haven't said anything on the matter? Fact is brady loves the pats and i would bet he returns and comes back with a vengeance 

• Like 1

Can someone explain why the Pats* wouldn’t sign Brady to a 1 year deal? They don’t really have a QB without him and they certainly don’t have the draft picks to get a young stud. 

Also, what was meant by the statement if Brady comes back to the Patriots* “it has to be more collaborative”? Brady has given NE* a massive discount for his entire career. What do they mean more collaborative?

I loath Brady and the Patriots* but I find all of this talk of him leaving and needing to be more collaborative very confusing.

53 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Can someone explain why the Pats* wouldn’t sign Brady to a 1 year deal? They don’t really have a QB without him and they certainly don’t have the draft picks to get a young stud. 

Also, what was meant by the statement if Brady comes back to the Patriots* “it has to be more collaborative”? Brady has given NE* a massive discount for his entire career. What do they mean more collaborative?

I loath Brady and the Patriots* but I find all of this talk of him leaving and needing to be more collaborative very confusing.

bradys contracts have essentially been 1yr-2yr deals because when they are restructured they accelerate the cash disbursement so it's not very accurate the way people frame it that he has given the pats a massive discount. What he has given the Pats is cap room flexibility by doing restructures and not locking them into paying him max long term guaranteed money. So he also benefits because he accelerates the cash he recieves with each restructure and he stays in-line with current QB pay vs tied into a contract valued 5yrs ago

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

I take "more collaborative" to mean Brady wants more of a say in the design, construction, personnel, and execution of the offense.

And, lol.

Brady probably wants to return to NE on his terms.  BB will probably want him back, if at all, on a VERY team-friendly deal.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Id take him in miami, but if we get a bluechip qb in the draft, fitzmagic would be the better bridge qb, i dont think tb will be in the mood to take a new qb under his wing on a different team

LOL at the thought of Brady agreeing to mentor a younger QB.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, cashvillesent said:

I'm kinda hoping Brady moves on and gets exposed in a different team for who he truly is, and that is a system QB.

I never understood the idea of why you can be "exposed" as a system QB, as if this was something bad. Everybody is on some level a system player to negate stuff they can't do and do things they are really good at. Why does this diminish anything they archived? Sounds to me like the typical hater-attitude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Weak oline? Brady had all day to throw vs the Titans.

Was mostly thinking about 1st and goal from the one yard line that turned into a field goal. Nobody blocked the guys were in new England’s backfield at time if hand off. 

Just now, BMcP said:

NE’s O-line ranked 9th in DVOA for run blocking this season.

You trust those stats? I don’t. Watching Patriot game all season long I witnessed guys on the line having a hard time pass & runblocking. I can remember seeing offensive line ranking before the season. Houston Texans were suppose to be one of the worse and Hyde went over a thousand. Cardinals with Drake 

Just now, shakestreet said:

You trust those stats? I don’t. Watching Patriot game all season long I witnessed guys on the line having a hard time pass & runblocking. I can remember seeing offensive line ranking before the season. Houston Texans were suppose to be one of the worse and Hyde went over a thousand. Cardinals with Drake 

I mean, yes, I do?  DVOA is a fairly well established stat at this point.  I’m just relating the facts.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

What wide recievers ( & tight ends) are FA this year that the pats could sign to make Tommy want to come back to NE on a team friendly deal? 

Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon come to mind. 

• Haha 1

No way he leaves the Pats. It'd be a bad decision on either side tbh.

Pats wouldn't let him leave because... well what's the alternative? Unless there's a QB that they're in love with in the draft that's going to fall to the 2nd half of the first round (unlikely), Brady's the best QB available.

Brady isn't well served joining any other team either. It won't significantly improve his legacy if he were to go somewhere else and win a title anyways (there's not a lot of improvement upon 'GOAT').

Brady and the Pats both live for the revenge narrative. We've seen this time and time again - 'he's washed up', 'dynasty's over', 'Belichick can't win anymore'.

Patriots-Chiefs 2014, guys. Pats lost 41-14 and it was the end of the world. They've won 3 titles since then.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

I'm kinda hoping Brady moves on and gets exposed in a different team for who he truly is, and that is a system QB.

Obligatory "they're all system QBs" reply... but I mean it's true, every QB who has had success owes it in part to working with a system that benefits their talents, football is a complicated game with a lot of moving parts, saying someone is a "system QB" as a knock on them is implying that all QBs should play backyard football style on poorly coached teams to be considered good.

Imagine Lamar or Mahomes in an Adam Gase offense, would they still produce? Probably, but I'm certain it would not be anywhere close to the level they are experiencing right now because they are given the chance to use their strengths in their current system (wild concept, I know). Tannehill is a perfect example of this, looked like a total flop and bottom-5 real world QB and all of a sudden he goes to a team that calls plays that allow him to succeed and he looks perfectly competent.

• Like 2