NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

FWIW I don't think it is a fact that TB is the Goat. I didn't see enough of Montana to compare the two. Some people just go overboard with the TB hate and act like he is not even in the discussion; he most certainly is, regardless of how much disdain one might have for him.

Best big game QB ever if he didn't get injured there wouldn't be a debate about the GOAT.  Longevity has to count which gives Brady the edge.  Will never admit that to my boston friends though. lol

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends what your definition of GOAT is. Honestly, i'm not too into NFL history like I am with the NBA so I can only speak from guys i've seen.  PERSONALLY, I rather have Rodgers and Manning.

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants" are angry people. I cannot stand Boston sports fans for the most part, but how about giving them the respect of calling them fans instead of "sychophants"? Lik

Logic always goes out the window when discussing Brady because if you don't like him you've already made up your mind on this years ago and nothing will change your opinion.. he could win two more Sup

4 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Some people just go overboard with the TB hate and act like he is not even in the discussion

My favorite part is when they just willfully ignore the countless players, coaches, analysts, and common mainstream belief that he is the greatest of all time. Screw those guys I hate Brady for X reason so they're just wrong.

On 1/8/2020 at 11:47 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Montana won 4 SBs and lost none in an era where QBs could be hit and hit hard.  Montana is the greatest QB of all time.

Tom Brady was also very good in his prime.  He played a lot longer and won 2 more Superbowls than Montana, but he also lost two and probably should have lost 4. 

Now?  He's lost a lot off his fastball... 

I know this is a useless discussion because opinions are set and likely won't be changed, but I never understood how losing a SB (or NBA Finals, although you can argue that the influence of one player is greater there) is something negative compared to not making it. That's just dumb. Brady won nearly twice as many playoff games as montana did. You're essentially saying not making the playoffs (or not getting to the SB) is better than losing a SB.

1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

I know this is a useless discussion because opinions are set and likely won't be changed, but I never understood how losing a SB (or NBA Finals, although you can argue that the influence of one player is greater there) is something negative compared to not making it. That's just dumb. Brady won nearly twice as many playoff games as montana did. You're essentially saying not making the playoffs (or not getting to the SB) is better than losing a SB.

It's not. But when you have an emotion based agenda, you have to find something.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, thebadferret said:

People will jump through all kinds of hoops to bring down TB and the Pats. Par for the course.

If Brady goes off and joins a different team, will you Patriot sycophants follow along?  Or will you root for the Patriots and their new QB?  

I, for one, relish the prospect of seeing Brady in a different uniform.  No cupcake schedule and no BB led defense?  And maybe no film of the opponent's defensive signals?  Then we will find out what he really is...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Brady goes off and joins a different team, will you Patriot sycophants follow along?  Or will you root for the Patriots and their new QB?  

I, for one, relish the prospect of seeing Brady in a different uniform.  No cupcake schedule and no BB led defense?  And maybe no film of the opponent's defensive signals?  Then we will find out what he really is...

There will definitely need to be a transfer from “I know what’s going on” to not.

8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Right, because all professional athletes peak when they're 43. 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants" are angry people.

I cannot stand Boston sports fans for the most part, but how about giving them the respect of calling them fans instead of "sychophants"?

Like it or not, Tom Brady is one of, if not the greatest pro QB of all time.  He's made fans of many teams bitter by dismantling them in front of the whole world.   I used to think he was arrogant and didn't like him early in his career, but in the past few years, I've gained a LOT of respect for him and the Patriots dynasty.  We'll never see a run like that in any sport ever again.  Belichick is a genius.  Brady turned out not only to be the GOAT but a team player too, allowing his team to afford a supporting cast around him.  He also seems to be a quality person off the field.

The immature hatred in this thread is embarrassing.  Par for the course from based on the Seahawks fans I've personally known.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
On 1/8/2020 at 5:47 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Montana won 4 SBs and lost none in an era where QBs could be hit and hit hard.  Montana is the greatest QB of all time.

Tom Brady was also very good in his prime.  He played a lot longer and won 2 more Superbowls than Montana, but he also lost two and probably should have lost 4. 

Now?  He's lost a lot off his fastball... 

Montana also had Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Roger Craig, Tom Rathman (forgotten but great FB), an insane O-line and defense and played in an era where running the ball was still a huge part if not focus of most offenses.

Montana was great and is in the discussion with Brady for GOAT, but you can't put him above Brady for the reason of "he got hit more".

If we're thinking like that and weighting eras, Sammy Baugh is the greatest of all time because he practically invented the forward pass and excelled at it when NO ONE was passing.   plus, he was an all-pro DB and punter too.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, monkeydad said:

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants & Tom Brady haters " are angry people.

I cannot stand Boston sports fans for the most part, but how about giving them the respect of calling them fans instead of "sychophants"?

Like it or not, Tom Brady is one of, if not the greatest pro QB of all time.  He's made fans of many teams bitter by dismantling them in front of the whole world.   I used to think he was arrogant and didn't like him early in his career, but in the past few years, I've gained a LOT of respect for him and the Patriots dynasty.  We'll never see a run like that in any sport ever again.  Belichick is a genius.  Brady turned out not only to be the GOAT but a team player too, allowing his team to afford a supporting cast around him.  He also seems to be a quality person off the field.

The immature hatred in this thread is embarrassing.  Par for the course from based on the Seahawks fans I've personally known.

giphy.gif

Edited by shakestreet
1 hour ago, monkeydad said:

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants" are angry people.

You didn't answer my question.  Will you be a newly minted, Brady lovin' Charger fan if he ends up going out there?

4 hours ago, fletch44 said:

Right, because all professional athletes peak when they're 43. 

Russell Wilson, if placed in Brady's circumstances, would have won 7 Superbowls in his first 7 years in the league.

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Russell Wilson, if placed in Brady's circumstances, would have won 7 Superbowls in his first 7 years in the league.

I love how all anyone ever uses to discredit Brady's accomplishments is hypotheticals that they can't prove. He's the GOAT, he's been considered the GOAT by the general public since 2016, it's time to get over it.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I love how all anyone ever uses to discredit Brady's accomplishments is hypotheticals that they can't prove. He's the GOAT, he's been considered the GOAT by the general public since 2016, it's time to get over it.

Brady's team has accomplished more than any other NFL team.  Some years he has had more to do with that success than others.  A big part of his success has been his coach and his perennial joke of a schedule.

44 minutes ago, sSektor said:

You really just don’t have to look beyond the constant cheating if you’re aiming to discredit Brady’s accomplishments.  Don’t bother with schedule.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

You really just don’t have to look beyond the constant cheating if you’re aiming to discredit Brady’s accomplishments.  Don’t bother with schedule.

Lol apparently constant cheating = getting "caught" 10 years ago and then saying its his easy schedule... what will it take for you to give credit where credits due?

21 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Lol apparently constant cheating = getting "caught" 10 years ago and then saying its his easy schedule... what will it take for you to give credit where credits due?

Did you mean to write roughly 4 weeks ago?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

The haters will ignore that stat and only concentrate on the teams in the AFC east. 

Maybe they can start a Change.org petition to change public perception that doesn't make them upset.

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

The haters will ignore that stat and only concentrate on the teams in the AFC east. 

If the Patriots can go 6-0 in their division every year, they only need to go around .500 against everyone else to be in the mix for a first round bye.  Bur this year they could not even swing that.

8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If the Patriots can go 6-0 in their division every year, they only need to go around .500 against everyone else to be in the mix for a first round bye.  Bur this year they could not even swing that.

Cant miss the playoffs if you win your division, every team should build their team to match-up well with other teams in their division....The NFL makes the rest of the schedule pre planned as each team play one other division in each conference...Then the first place team from each division play the first place team in the other divisions in the conference(and so forth)

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

u mad bro?

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1