NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I admire what the Patriots have accomplished, although, naturally, it is difficult to measure the impact of their comprehensive cheating.

I am of the school that says Brady needed Belichick and vice versa to win those six titles.  But Brady at 43 without BB will be such a trainwreck!  You Patriot 20-year bandwagoners have been fat n happy for so long.  I would like to welcome you back to the real world, hopefully starting in the 2020 season.

That's pretty condescending and unnecessary, don't you think, man? You don't know anyone's story here, considering it's the internet.

And why do you care about "welcoming Patriots fans "to the real world"? Why do you spend any energy caring about that?

Like I always say, FASCINATING how much time and energy people put into pointing out how much they dislike New England. I couldn't imagine giving a damn about other fan bases as much as some of you care about New England's. For how little you seem to like them, you sure spend a LOT of time thinking about them lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends what your definition of GOAT is. Honestly, i'm not too into NFL history like I am with the NBA so I can only speak from guys i've seen.  PERSONALLY, I rather have Rodgers and Manning.

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants" are angry people. I cannot stand Boston sports fans for the most part, but how about giving them the respect of calling them fans instead of "sychophants"? Lik

Logic always goes out the window when discussing Brady because if you don't like him you've already made up your mind on this years ago and nothing will change your opinion.. he could win two more Sup

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I admire what the Patriots have accomplished, although, naturally, it is difficult to measure the impact of their comprehensive cheating.

I am of the school that says Brady needed Belichick and vice versa to win those six titles.  But Brady at 43 without BB will be such a trainwreck!  You Patriot 20-year bandwagoners have been fat n happy for so long.  I would like to welcome you back to the real world, hopefully starting in the 2020 season.

ok sir

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

That's pretty condescending and unnecessary, don't you think, man? You don't know anyone's story here, considering it's the internet.

And why do you care about "welcoming Patriots fans "to the real world"? Why do you spend any energy caring about that?

Like I always say, FASCINATING how much time and energy people put into pointing out how much they dislike New England. I couldn't imagine giving a damn about other fan bases as much as some of you care about New England's. For how little you seem to like them, you sure spend a LOT of time thinking about them lol.

No one really cares about cheaters. Its a forum that we join, click on threads and give our opinion on. Stop being so butthurt, and enjoy your 20 years of success you had. Back to reality now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, cashvillesent said:

No one really cares about cheaters. Its a forum that we join, click on threads and give our opinion on. Stop being so butthurt, and enjoy your 20 years of success you had. Back to reality now.

👆👆👆😂

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

lol that's the thing. I'm not "butthurt" at all man, just laughing at how widespread the hatred is for NE and how much time and energy people put into disliking them. You seem to be missing the point. My point is that I think it's funny that people "click on threads to give their opinion" ALL DAY, EVERY DAY in a thread dedicated to something they claim to hate. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Am I the only one to find this hysterical? I guess I just think it makes more sense to find something better to do. Heck, I don't like mushrooms, but I could never see myself spending all day trying to convince strangers on the internet why they shouldn't like them either and talking smack about mushrooms while looking for validation of my opinion on the internet. Cracks me up.

Another simpler example is that I'm not big fan of the Astros or what they've been accused of doing. But I would never live in a thread dedicated to them all day, every day in order to tell strangers how much I don't like the Astros. Doesn't really seem like a productive use of time IMO.

But hey, do whatever makes you happy.

Edited by ThreadKiller

Interesting that so many people claim to know what Brady is going to do. Here's an article where the author claims there is 0% chance Brady resigns with the Patriots. LOL. This is the type of stuff that fuels nonsense because this person made up this arbitrary percentage based on a loose "source." Too much click bait in today's world...

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/raiders-tom-brady-patriots-free-agency/?fbclid=IwAR3CVBOhJYXOYJ2KBHocQ2qEr8YyXvcEn_IiaD80z-cw2n77dsSH3_MCkas

Edited by ThreadKiller
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Enjoy loving being cheaters.  I’m sure you Patriots will have many more winning seasons from here on out.  Buckle your seatbelts! 😂

Im in my harness!

Let’s move this thread to actually talking about Tom Brady. Ideally, no one will respond at all anymore to anything the trolls say here (we all know who they are). Hopefully that would eventually push them out but who knows.

Man, it would be WEIRD to see 12 in another uni. I do think Pats resign him though and draft another prospect to compete with Stidham as the heir.

Edited by ThreadKiller
6 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

lol that's the thing. I'm not "butthurt" at all man, just laughing at how widespread the hatred is for NE and how much time and energy people put into disliking them. You seem to be missing the point. My point is that I think it's funny that people "click on threads to give their opinion" ALL DAY, EVERY DAY in a thread dedicated to something they claim to hate. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Am I the only one to find this hysterical? I guess I just think it makes more sense to find something better to do. Heck, I don't like mushrooms, but I could never see myself spending all day trying to convince strangers on the internet why they shouldn't like them either and talking smack about mushrooms while looking for validation of my opinion on the internet. Cracks me up.

Another simpler example is that I'm not big fan of the Astros or what they've been accused of doing. But I would never live in a thread dedicated to them all day, every day in order to tell strangers how much I don't like the Astros. Doesn't really seem like a productive use of time IMO.

But hey, do whatever makes you happy.

Well if this was a mushroom forum than Id really be interested in hearing your mushrooms stories and how bad you dislike them. But unfortunately it is a football forum discussing football players...

• Haha 1
On 1/21/2020 at 1:21 PM, ThreadKiller said:

B, b, b, b, but his house is on the market in Mass!

This likely has nothing to do with trying to get more money. Appreciation and new receivers are likely the driving forces here.

Brady will be back in New England.

I think this is the case also

23 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I think it is more of a negotiating ploy.  I just can't see Brady actually signing anywhere else.

I see Brady playing for a new team, it has happened to the likes of Montana, Jerry Rice, Bret Favre etc. 

1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

I see Brady playing for a new team, it has happened to the likes of Montana, Jerry Rice, Bret Favre etc. 

Montana had Steve young behind him ready to take over. Brett Favre has Aaron Rodgers sitting behind him. 

if the patriots actually had a plan for the next qb, then I could see them letting him walk (cough, Jimmy G, cough)

Considering they do not, I see him coming back to the patriots. 

• Like 1
On 1/22/2020 at 10:04 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

Eh. It was Bledsoe/Parcells and Kraft that made New England a football area. Brady and BB just made them proud to be patriot fans. 

Edited by Slatykamora
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

Eh. It was Bledsoe/Parcells and Kraft that made New England a football area. Brady and BB just made them proud to be patriot fans. 

It's a shame Bledsoe's run with the Pats is largely forgotten about. Not surprising considering what came after but still.. Gillette Stadium is the "house that Drew built". (Parcells too but he boned us in the end so F him)

41 minutes ago, fingers said:

It's a shame Bledsoe's run with the Pats is largely forgotten about. Not surprising considering what came after but still.. Gillette Stadium is the "house that Drew built". (Parcells too but he boned us in the end so F him)

Apparently it was Kraft that boned Parcells and not the other way around. Kraft wanted Belichick to be the HC after getting to know him on Parcell's staff, but there was a lot of shenanigans that had to go on in order to make that happen.

33 minutes ago, devaster said:

Apparently it was Kraft that boned Parcells and not the other way around. Kraft wanted Belichick to be the HC after getting to know him on Parcell's staff, but there was a lot of shenanigans that had to go on in order to make that happen.

Parcells had one foot out the door during their Super Bowl appearance and took Belichick with him to the NY Jets. I believe Kraft boned Parcells to pry him away from the Jets. Belichick resigning at the podium at his introduction is an all timer

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fingers said:

Parcells had one foot out the door during their Super Bowl appearance and took Belichick with him to the NY Jets. I believe Kraft boned Parcells to pry him away from the Jets. Belichick resigning at the podium at his introduction is an all timer

Here is the clip on YouTube!

24 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Is Brady actually not washed or is half the forum just going to flip flop and decide PFF is a trash stats site now?

Tough to know what to make of that stat. Alex Smith was the best deep ball thrower a few seasons ago as well.

32 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Is Brady actually not washed or is half the forum just going to flip flop and decide PFF is a trash stats site now?

His recievers made him have a down year. All the drops, bad routes and inability to separate did not help. Plus sony michel sux so the run game was a non factor for opposing defenses.

Patriots need Better help at WR and TE. They also need to give Dam Harris a legit shot at competing for that RB1 spot. the O line was not Good but I think Sony left alot of yards on the field. 

52 minutes ago, sSektor said:

PFF is largely trash IMO. It is most helpful for when you are losing an argument and wants to find some obscure stat to save your argument.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

His recievers made him have a down year. All the drops, bad routes and inability to separate did not help. Plus sony michel sux so the run game was a non factor for opposing defenses.

Patriots need Better help at WR and TE. They also need to give Dam Harris a legit shot at competing for that RB1 spot. the O line was not Good but I think Sony left alot of yards on the field. 

The Pats need help on the O-Line, WR and TE   Never had enough time and WR/TE couldn't get separation and the TE couldn't block....Running games was killed when Devlin went down (as well as losing Gronk)

5 hours ago, sSektor said:

Accurate QBs can maintain their accuracy deep into their careers - it’s probably one of the last traits to diminish with age.  Of course, a lot has to do with player-protection rules reaching a point where defenders (and fans for that matter) no longer understand what constitutes a “penalty”:

https://www.ozy.com/the-huddle/why-older-qbs-are-striking-gold-at-the-same-time-as-millennials/89551/