Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

 

PFF is largely trash IMO. It is most helpful for when you are losing an argument and wants to find some obscure stat to save your argument.

I rarely agree with you, but this time I agree 1000%

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends what your definition of GOAT is. Honestly, i'm not too into NFL history like I am with the NBA so I can only speak from guys i've seen.  PERSONALLY, I rather have Rodgers and Manning.

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants" are angry people. I cannot stand Boston sports fans for the most part, but how about giving them the respect of calling them fans instead of "sychophants"? Lik

Logic always goes out the window when discussing Brady because if you don't like him you've already made up your mind on this years ago and nothing will change your opinion.. he could win two more Sup

8 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

 

PFF is largely trash IMO. It is most helpful for when you are losing an argument and wants to find some obscure stat to save your argument.

 

Exactly what is "trash", the data, the analytics, the "grading" system or the opinions pieces written by the staff?

I tend to find the opinion pieces and grades not worth much but I don't have a problem with the data and analytics

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

Exactly what is "trash", the data, the analytics, the "grading" system or the opinions pieces written by the staff?

I tend to find the opinion pieces and grades not worth much but I don't have a problem with the data and analytics

 

Trash was probably the wrong word Shoe.

 

I meant 'not useful for fantasy purposes'. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PFF is attempting to make sense of an extremely complex series of interactions by reducing them to a statistical formula.  Admirable attempt, but we are getting a very incomplete picture.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, youngrice said:

Dont see Brady leaving Belichick. He would be a goat in my book if he can win a ring without him, until then I will always believe he is nothing more than Garoppolo 2.0 with a genius coach.

 

Want to prove us wrong? Come on and join the Titans and give them a SB ring. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

 

 

Can't wait for Brady to just go away, he's become equally more insufferable as the years have gone by.  Every time his slinks down the topic board or another QB begins to get some national attention and acclaim, he does something to steer attention back to himself.  This stadium post serves solely to turn the conversation towards him.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Dont see Brady leaving Belichick. He would be a goat in my book if he can win a ring without him, until then I will always believe he is nothing more than Garoppolo 2.0 with a genius coach.

 

Want to prove us wrong? Come on and join the Titans and give them a SB ring. 

The same genius coach that had a losing record until brady became his QB?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

 

Can't wait for Brady to just go away, he's become equally more insufferable as the years have gone by.  Every time his slinks down the topic board or another QB begins to get some national attention and acclaim, he does something to steer attention back to himself.  This stadium post serves solely to turn the conversation towards him.

There's good evidence that Brady's best days are behind him. 2019 was the first year he performed below average statistically... on a team with a great defense, the best coach in the NFL, and where he's won on average 12 games per season over 18 seasons and won 6 SB's (including in 2018). Not even as a rookie did he perform worse than average.

So irrespective of Tannehill, the only reason I'd sign Brady is if you have a near-SB calibre roster (except at QB), need to win now and you currently have a below average QB. That's about it. Tennessee doesn't fit that mold.

Brady's just one of the many great athletes that don't want to admit they're over the hill and keep playing after they should've stopped. Of course, Brady's accomplished so much it won't hurt his legacy (similar to Jordan playing with the Wizards not hurting his legacy), but there's no reason a team should be jaded by a great player who is past his prime.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Dont see Brady leaving Belichick. He would be a goat in my book if he can win a ring without him, until then I will always believe he is nothing more than Garoppolo 2.0 with a genius coach.

 

Want to prove us wrong? Come on and join the Titans and give them a SB ring. 

 

A QB who won rings with 2 different coaches on 2 different teams? 😲

Who has done that in recent memory? 🤔

Peyton Manning 🧐

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brady is not going to leave the NFL, the NFL is going to leave him.  I suspect, in 2021, after 2020 goes even more poorly for Brady than 2019 did.

 

Was there any SB winning HOF QB who left the game before his team moved on from him? 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Tennessee doesn't fit that mold.

 

Tennessee absolutely fits this mold. Tannehill can maybe be consistently good or a Flacco/Foles without a ring. He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt yet. The sample size is big enough to where they can reasonably go with Brady over Tannehill and not worry too much about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brady is not going to leave the NFL, the NFL is going to leave him.  I suspect, in 2021, after 2020 goes even more poorly for Brady than 2019 did.

Brady's often had a less than stellar cast at WR. They won the SB in 2004 with Deion Branch, David Givens and David Patten at WR and Christian Fauria and Daniel Graham at TE. That's a SB winning WR corps!! Brady of the past wouldn't have performed below average with the WR corps he had in 2019 given all the other advantages he's enjoyed (esp: elite defense! and still below average??).
 

Its funny how Brady homers are arguing the fact now that he had no WR help thats why his stats decline. Lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sSektor said:

 

Tennessee absolutely fits this mold. Tannehill can maybe be consistently good or a Flacco/Foles without a ring. He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt yet. The sample size is big enough to where they can reasonably go with Brady over Tannehill and not worry too much about it.

Assuming Brady's permanent decline has indeed begun, I would actually give Tennessee a better chance of winning a Super Bowl with Tannehill than with Brady, assuming they can get Derrick Henry to continue running like he did in 2019 and they can improve their pass defense significantly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Its funny how Brady homers are arguing the fact now that he had no WR help thats why his stats decline. Lol.


His stats this past year were actually very similar to 2006 and 2013 when his WR were equally as garbage. The following years when they improved the weapons he went back to being top 3 QB production. He can consistently produce more with less compared to other franchise QBs who wouldn't be caught dead on a team without a Pro Bowl WR, but there is in fact a limit to how bad a supporting cast can be.

 

Unless you really want to argue a 32 year old Edelman hobbled by injuries, Dorsett who has accomplished next to nothing 5 seasons into his career, and Nkeal Harry who missed half the season and never learned how to get separation in college is a reasonable supporting cast for any QB. Not to mention the nonexistent TE position.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sSektor said:


His stats this past year were actually very similar to 2006 and 2013 when his WR were equally as garbage. The following years when they improved the weapons he went back to being top 3 QB production. He can consistently produce more with less compared to other franchise QBs who wouldn't be caught dead on a team without a Pro Bowl WR, but there is in fact a limit to how bad a supporting cast can be.

 

Unless you really want to argue a 32 year old Edelman hobbled by injuries, Dorsett who has accomplished next to nothing 5 seasons into his career, and Nkeal Harry who missed half the season and never learned how to get separation in college is a reasonable supporting cast for any QB. Not to mention the nonexistent TE position.

 

Rodgers makes his rookies and 2nd yr wr fantasy relevant when davante is out even when he complains about them. 

Keenum turned a rookie into a stud this season.

37yr old Ryan Fitzpatrick looked good this season with zero run game and an injury riddled wr group. Dude manages to make the next man up look like a stud, whereas Brady tends to throw his new guys under the bus if they don't perform to his standard. 

Before people say anything about Devante parker being an elite wr, that view did not exist going into this season and he was written off as a bust of an NFL prospect. Funny how Fitzpatrick can go to any team and make a couple of guys look like studs because he always gives them a chance to make a play even at the risk of a pick or 9 picks. 

I think again it's shown that Brady's arm talent does not elevate random wr's; it's more the system has to have the right pass catcher in order to work properly. He is a risk averse QB, which is perfectly fine given the system. He also will not throw to guys if they make "mistakes" which hinders their development. He never was nor will be a gunslinger but let's get away from the he has bad wr's to work with excuse. 

The NE offensive system was broken this season. 

Bottom line is Brady's talent or sense of perfectionism can't overcome the adversity of "bad wr's".  Kraft should have kept AB until the league made a real decision on his situation

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Brady is not going to TEN. Giselle wont alow it. Its NE, LAS VEGAS OR CALI (Chargers)

 

Exactly Giselle(and her $500mm) is NOT going to Ten, why do people waste energy on the least likely outcome. . .😂

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

 

Rodgers makes his rookies and 2nd yr wr fantasy relevant when davante is out even when he complains about them. 

Keenum turned a rookie into a stud this season.

37yr old Ryan Fitzpatrick looked good this season with zero run game and an injury riddled wr group. Dude manages to make the next man up look like a stud, whereas Brady tends to throw his new guys under the bus if they don't perform to his standard. 

Before people say anything about Devante parker being an elite wr, that view did not exist going into this season and he was written off as a bust of an NFL prospect. Funny how Fitzpatrick can go to any team and make a couple of guys look like studs because he always gives them a chance to make a play even at the risk of a pick or 9 picks. 

I think again it's shown that Brady's arm talent does not elevate random wr's; it's more the system has to have the right pass catcher in order to work properly. He is a risk averse QB, which is perfectly fine given the system. He also will not throw to guys if they make "mistakes" which hinders their development. He never was nor will be a gunslinger but let's get away from the he has bad wr's to work with excuse. 

The NE offensive system was broken this season. 

Bottom line is Brady's talent or sense of perfectionism can't overcome the adversity of "bad wr's".  Kraft should have kept AB until the league made a real decision on his situation


Rodgers had 2 more TDs and less yards than Brady this season and absolutely nobody thinks Allison, Lazard, or MVS had a remotely decent year. Maybe you mistook the big game against the nonexistent Raiders secondary as the entire Packers season or something. Either way the other Pats receiving options had similar numbers so I guess you could say Brady elevated them too. At least Rodgers TE's had somewhat of a pulse this season. And let's not forget to mention a functional running game.

McLaurin was arguably the best rookie WR this season next to AJB. Keenum likes to force feed his best WR. So does Fitzmagic and luckily Davante Parker finally put it all together. Want to know which random WR was on par with them? A 33 year old Julian Edelman as the only noteworthy receiving option on his team (because he was the only one that could consistently get some separation).

Oh and the classic defaulting to "the system" argument. The magical system that involves throwing to undersized, underpaid WR and that no team has even attempted to copy in 15 years. Shocking I know but the only constant in this legendary system has been Brady. Do the other 31 teams not try to run it because it's below them or because they're missing a key player?

That being said McDaniels has also done a terrible job of scheming younger players open and putting them in positions to succeed. And they should have kept AB.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sSektor said:


Rodgers had 2 more TDs and less yards than Brady this season and absolutely nobody thinks Allison, Lazard, or MVS had a remotely decent year. Maybe you mistook the big game against the nonexistent Raiders secondary as the entire Packers season or something. Either way the other Pats receiving options had similar numbers so I guess you could say Brady elevated them too. At least Rodgers TE's had somewhat of a pulse this season. And let's not forget to mention a functional running game.

McLaurin was arguably the best rookie WR this season next to AJB. Keenum likes to force feed his best WR. So does Fitzmagic and luckily Davante Parker finally put it all together. Want to know which random WR was on par with them? A 33 year old Julian Edelman as the only noteworthy receiving option on his team (because he was the only one that could consistently get some separation).

Oh and the classic defaulting to "the system" argument. The magical system that involves throwing to undersized, underpaid WR and that no team has even attempted to copy in 15 years. Shocking I know but the only constant in this legendary system has been Brady. Do the other 31 teams not try to run it because it's below them or because they're missing a key player?

That being said McDaniels has also done a terrible job of scheming younger players open and putting them in positions to succeed. And they should have kept AB.

 

 

 

 

 

Great offenses and great QB's find ways to win so, stop leaning on the they had no stud wr's excuse. 2019 the patriots offense and the QB were far from great.

They couldnt even capitalize on having a top defense and solid field position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...