NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook

32 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

He didn't look that good in the games i saw of him. And plus, the wheels have to fall off sometime. Anyone picking him up in 2020 as a late round QB flier?

The lug nuts are loose and the wheels are wobbling.  That said, as a backup QB in the later rounds, why not?

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends what your definition of GOAT is. Honestly, i'm not too into NFL history like I am with the NBA so I can only speak from guys i've seen.  PERSONALLY, I rather have Rodgers and Manning.

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants" are angry people. I cannot stand Boston sports fans for the most part, but how about giving them the respect of calling them fans instead of "sychophants"? Lik

Logic always goes out the window when discussing Brady because if you don't like him you've already made up your mind on this years ago and nothing will change your opinion.. he could win two more Sup

17 hours ago, sSektor said:

His stats this past year were actually very similar to 2006 and 2013 when his WR were equally as garbage. The following years when they improved the weapons he went back to being top 3 QB production. He can consistently produce more with less compared to other franchise QBs who wouldn't be caught dead on a team without a Pro Bowl WR, but there is in fact a limit to how bad a supporting cast can be.

Unless you really want to argue a 32 year old Edelman hobbled by injuries, Dorsett who has accomplished next to nothing 5 seasons into his career, and Nkeal Harry who missed half the season and never learned how to get separation in college is a reasonable supporting cast for any QB. Not to mention the nonexistent TE position.

As Tennessee fans, we've been told for years that good QBs elevate the play of their teammates....

4 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Tom Brady is still better than Atleast 75% of the leagues other QBs. He had a down year due to his lack of wr talent, run game ineffectiveness. 

Unless you imagine the WR crew and run game are due for a massive uptick in 2020, he’s nothing more than a late-round flier for fantasy purposes.

Edited by BMcP
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Unless you imagine the WR crew and run game are due for a massive uptick in 2020, he’s nothing more than a late-round flier for fantasy purposes.

TB has been a late round flyer for years now. Try to keep up.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

TB has been a late round flyer for years now. Try to keep up.

Oh I’m up - I just mistakenly thought this was a fantasy football outlook thread for Tom Brady.

Edited by BMcP
7 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Tom Brady is still better than Atleast 75% of the leagues other QBs. He had a down year due to his lack of wr talent, run game ineffectiveness. 

You can have TB on your fantasy team next season and I will take my shot with a guy like Fitzpatrick as a waiver pickup 😂

Just now, dashoe said:

You can have TB on your fantasy team next season and I will take my shot with a guy like Fitzpatrick as a waiver pickup 😂

Fitz is likely to be drafted, no?

Pats have ran at the goalline far too often the last few years for Brady to be a consistent fantasy QB1. Don’t think that would change unless the Pats sign a halfway decent redzone target or Brady goes to a team with one. 

Just now, BMcP said:

I'm sure some will draft him as a their QB2 in a single QB league but i'm not sure many will draft him as their QB1.

In my book he is a waiver/bye week/streamer QB becuase I don't think Miami is going to pass for a lot of TD's week to week

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

It’s a stone cold lock that Fitz gets benched for poor performance then dropped by most fantasy teams. Then he will come back off the bench in the fantasy playoffs as is tradition.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Elway

Somehow I don't think Brady simply walks away at the top and 100% healthy. He's also that dude who thinks he can keep cheating Father Time in his quest for immortality.

Unlike Gronk he hasnt found another arena away from football to give him a new "high" 😂

10 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

It is. He hasn't been fantasy relevant for a while.

Tom Brady has been especially bad for fantasy for the last few years because, when QB points are needed most down the stretcb and in the fantasy playoffs, the weather has gotten cold and BB has switched to run mode.

1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Patriots are willing to pay Brady around 30 Mil to keep him. He aint goig nowhere.

Of course he is staying in NE.

Realistically the only team that would want to sign Brady away from the Pats is a rebuilding team looking to sell a lot of Jerseys and tickets but no realistic chance to get to the SB or even playoffs. 

Brady is not a gunslinger, he is not young and he couldnt make the playoffs with a top 5 defense carrying him. 

The mentions of going to the Titans are a pure pipe dream because Tanenhill is 31yrs old, knows their system, built chemistry, won them games and would be significantly cheaper to keep over the longer term than signing  Brady for a 1 shot deal. 😉

Edited by dashoe
55 minutes ago, BMcP said:

How do they plan to improve their WR corps if they’re paying a 43-year-old $30M per?!

sign some cheap veteran retreads, there are plenty of them, the problem is would a wr be able to come in and learn their system in a single offseason and make a big difference. 🤨

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Hmmm 🤔 🤷‍♂️💤🤔👍🤬 lost again. Is that you? 

Oh correction, I forgot about the embarrassing wild card game where Brady threw a pick 6 to LOSE THE GAME  with the  #2 ranked defense in the NFL carrying him the entire season. . . 🤣

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Oh correction, I forgot about the embarrassing wild card game where Brady threw a pick 6 to LOSE THE GAME  with the  #2 ranked defense in the NFL carrying him the entire season. . . 🤣

The reciever ran the wrong route.

15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Oh God. If you watch the damn game you wouldn’t have written embarrassing. You’re embarrassing yourself 

55 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

The reciever ran the wrong route.

You should know by now that whenever Brady does something great it's the system doing all the work and whenever he doesn't meet his usual HOF standards it is entirely his fault and Bill should have traded that bum long ago.

• Like 1