Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

sign some cheap veteran retreads, there are plenty of them, the problem is would a wr be able to come in and learn their system in a single offseason and make a big difference. 🤨

Like who?  Anybody who would actually move the needle?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends what your definition of GOAT is. Honestly, i'm not too into NFL history like I am with the NBA so I can only speak from guys i've seen.  PERSONALLY, I rather have Rodgers and Manning.

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants" are angry people. I cannot stand Boston sports fans for the most part, but how about giving them the respect of calling them fans instead of "sychophants"? Lik

Logic always goes out the window when discussing Brady because if you don't like him you've already made up your mind on this years ago and nothing will change your opinion.. he could win two more Sup

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

 

take your pick and anticipate some other guys getting released offseason. You don't need studs in NE, you need guys who fit the system

https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-free-agent-list/

 

Yikes what a gross list - Hogan maybe, or Amendola?  Anderson?  I don’t know, I’m not seeing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Yikes what a gross list - Hogan maybe, or Amendola?  Anderson?  I don’t know, I’m not seeing it.


AJG and Hooper would be more than enough with Harry and Meyers potentially figuring it out in their 2nd years. Normally Bill would go with a dirt cheap Sharpe and Eifert approach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sSektor said:


AJG and Hooper would be more than enough with Harry and Meyers potentially figuring it out in their 2nd years. Normally Bill would go with a dirt cheap Sharpe and Eifert approach.

I intentionally bypassed Green just because I don’t see why he wouldn’t want to try his hand with Burrow.  I agree there are TEs galore to choose from if Hooper signs elsewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Why would the Patriots leak that they are willing to pay Brady $30 million per year?

 

I don't think it's a leak, more like point for discussion.  QB 2020 franchise tag will be roughly $27mm, so Brady possibly getting 30mm is not groundbreaking news

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Assuming the rumors about the situation were ever even true, Belichick was wrong about Jimmy G.

JimmyG really isnt that good. I agree he doesnt Suck at all but he doesnt have that next level game difference maker. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

JimmyG really isnt that good. I agree he doesnt Suck at all but he doesnt have that next level game difference maker. 

No Stidham is he

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devaster said:

People complained about Favre waffling every year towards the ends, but Brady's trolling is on another level.

This is the first time for brady and he says he wants to play.  If I remember correctly Farve was talking about retiring his last 2 or 3 years with the pack.  Thats why they decided to move on to Rodgers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sSektor said:

Assuming the rumors about the situation were ever even true, Belichick was wrong about Jimmy G.

We all know Bill is plenty capable of mistakes of judgment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BMcP said:

We all know Bill is plenty capable of mistakes of judgment.

 

I thought Jimmy was at least above average. He showed flashes with the Pats and this past season. But last night he went 1/9 for 20 yards and 2 picks under pressure. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

I thought Jimmy was at least above average. He showed flashes with the Pats and this past season. But last night he went 1/9 for 20 yards and 2 picks under pressure. 

He’s been far too turnover-prone this season and still struggles to identify coverage schemes - especially with regard to linebackers.  It does seem like something he can improve with time and more reps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

I thought Jimmy was at least above average. He showed flashes with the Pats and this past season. But last night he went 1/9 for 20 yards and 2 picks under pressure. 

 

I think it is fair to say that in all fairness to JimmyG he doesnt get to throw the ball very much in this offense, so I'm not convinced either way that he sucks or he is the next coming of Montana.  This is a running offense that relegates the QB to an almost game manager role. Jimmy G also doesn have a ton of career snaps/experience as a starter vs his time in the NFL and has only played 1 full season in this offense so maybe he uses his arm more in it next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

I think it is fair to say that in all fairness to JimmyG he doesnt get to throw the ball very much in this offense, so I'm not convinced either way that he sucks or he is the next coming of Montana.  This is a running offense that relegates the QB to an almost game manager role. Jimmy G also doesn have a ton of career snaps/experience as a starter vs his time in the NFL and has only played 1 full season in this offense so maybe he uses his arm more in it next season.

Shanny CLEARLY does not trust in letting Jimmy AIR it out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think folks are rushing to judgement on Jimmy G after the SB performance. Mahomes and Jimmy G both had turnovers, but the Chiefs were the team that went on a run late, as they have shown all post-season capable of doing. I just don't think the 49ers are built to overcome deficits like that offensively.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Recency bias is rampant, yes.  I think JG needs more time both to acclimate to the system and to just develop as a passer.  It’s not beyond his abilities - he just has been deployed primarily as a game manager this year - with good reason.  Heck it got them to the SB!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

BB is not the inspiring type, imho.


Normally true, but we just came off a season where he signed a red flag riddled AB and traded a 2nd rounder midseason for perennial WR2 Sanu. He clearly realized how dire the WR situation was.

 

Then again he drafted Nkeal Harry in the 1st round despite AJ Brown practically begging to be drafted to the Pats.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sSektor said:


Normally true, but we just came off a season where he signed a red flag riddled AB and traded a 2nd rounder midseason for perennial WR2 Sanu. He clearly realized how dire the WR situation was.

 

Then again he drafted Nkeal Harry in the 1st round despite AJ Brown practically begging to be drafted to the Pats.

He took a chance on red flag riddled Moss as well. It is what he does. Really depends on the FA market. They could potentially get AJ Green.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...