NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tom Brady 2019 Outlook

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends what your definition of GOAT is. Honestly, i'm not too into NFL history like I am with the NBA so I can only speak from guys i've seen.  PERSONALLY, I rather have Rodgers and Manning.

Wow, you "Seattle sychophants" are angry people. I cannot stand Boston sports fans for the most part, but how about giving them the respect of calling them fans instead of "sychophants"? Lik

Logic always goes out the window when discussing Brady because if you don't like him you've already made up your mind on this years ago and nothing will change your opinion.. he could win two more Sup

On 7/10/2019 at 1:59 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

No, my stance is that retiring with a Super Bowl win is the perfect way to walk off into the sunset.  And now, another year older, instead Brady risks leaving the field for the last time on a cart.

I'd put relatively equal odds on any of the following scenarios playing out for TB12: 

1.  He retires on top after winning 7th Lombardi this year

2.  He's retired by career-ending injury before his new contract runs out

3.  He wins no more rings and enters into a downward spiral of declining performance like Manning in his last few games, AND decides to gracefully retire before he embarrasses himself

4.  He embraces the downward spiral and tries to continue to play into his mid 40s and is unceremoniously cut/traded by Hoodie to wander like Cain from Kung Fu. He spends his last season toiling for a terrible team like the Bills and putting up stats that make Nathan Peterman look good.  

spacer.png

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, jumper said:

I'd put relatively equal odds on any of the following scenarios playing out for TB12: 

3.  He wins no more rings and enters into a downward spiral of declining performance like Manning in his last few games, AND decides to gracefully retire before he embarrasses himself

4.  He embraces the downward spiral and tries to continue to play into his mid 40s and is unceremoniously cut/traded by Hoodie to wander like Cain from Kung Fu. He spends his last season toiling for a terrible team like the Bills and putting up stats that make Nathan Peterman look good. 

I think the NFL desperately wants to make him the undisputed icon of the sport. Like Jordan is for the NBA. That squeaky clean, morally righteous, family-friendly, corporate source of inspiration for future generations. They're rooting for him in those offices. On some days, the NFL network practically transforms into the 'Tom Brady mutual masturbation society'.

As a jets fan, i have made my peace with it. There's no fighting big brother.

I'm actually more curious about what happens to Belichick. I'm guessing he moves upstairs to a GM role, with someone like McDaniels becoming head coach.

Edited by predator_05
1 hour ago, jumper said:

spacer.png

As long as Ryan Fitzpatrick/Rosen, Darnold and Allen are the QB's for their respective franchises, Brady will continue to put that uniform on each and every season. No other team can walk into training camp and pen in division title and home playoff game before preseason. Until we see these young QB's take the next step, why should TB12 quit?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

As long as Ryan Fitzpatrick/Rosen, Darnold and Allen are the QB's for their respective franchises, Brady will continue to put that uniform on each and every season. No other team can walk into training camp and pen in division title and home playoff game before preseason. Until we see these young QB's take the next step, why should TB12 quit?

Look out for Josh Rosen

5 hours ago, predator_05 said:

I'm actually more curious about what happens to Belichick. I'm guessing he moves upstairs to a GM role, with someone like McDaniels becoming head coach.

McDaniels inheriting the HC job seems almost inevitable after he backed out of the Indy gig last year. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rotoworld, we need to talk.

I am the president of the "Tom Brady is overrated" fanclub.  That being said I have some new facts to point out for 2019.

In the past, I've pointed out how Brady's competent years as a quarterback have come with hall of fame weapons were around him.  Specifically Randy Moss and Rob Gronkowski.  Without them, he's simply an above average Quarterback.

Well, I ran across an interesting fact...only nine wide receivers since the year 2000 have had over 1600 receiving yards in a season.  

Here are seven of them:

Antonio Brown

Marvin Harrison

Torry Holt

Calvin Johnson

Julio Jones

Randy Moss

Rod Smith

Can you guess the two others?

They are:

Josh Gordon and Demaryius Thomas

In addition he has Julian Edelman, N'Keal Harry, Phillip Dorsett, a UDFA named Jakobi Meyers who catches everything like he's spider man, etc. 

Tom Brady's currently ranked as QB #17, and the 121st player on FantasyPros, which is apparently based on a "Consensus of 29 Experts". 

The Rotoworld draft guide has him at QB 18, two spots above the immortal Mitchell Trubisky.

Brady had 570 attempts last year, more than 30 attempts in 14 of 16 games and more than 40 in 4 of 14 games.

These experts are way off the mark with where Brady will likely finish in relation to other Quarterbacks.

You did draft Tom Brady this season, right Rotoworld?  Even I drafted him.  His ADP is way too low.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 2