NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rafael Devers 2019 Outlook

This prediction is aging like the finest of wines:

On 5/8/2019 at 1:03 PM, motown magic said:

... Nothing matters but this year.  If Devers had 4-5 or 6 hrs by now. I would agree he could hit 25 . Sure he may hit 2 in a game here and there. But the empty spots in between are what will hold him back ...

LOL ! Just keep saying over and over. I believe I believe I believe. Then before you know it the calendar will turn to Sept and you"ll see Devers sitting there with 14-15 hrs . Remember. I believe I believe I believe. This holds true for Buxton owners as well.

• Haha 5
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree, it is concerning, but you see him as a difficult case, and I see him as still every possibility is on the table equally case. Yes same conclusion, but there is a but.     Ok,

Not top 10?  It is a race between him and Trout for AL MVP right now.

Crossing my fingers.  

Since May 1st (43 games):

.309 AVG

12 HR

24 XBH

39 RBI

38 R

4 SB

16,8 K%

.912 OPS

131 wRC+

His GB% has decreased from 53,7% in his first 30 games to 43,6% since May 1st. His FB% has increased from 20,7% before May 1st to 34,6% since May 1st. 

• Like 3

We already knew he wasn’t going to play today. Hopefully he returns this weeks and avoids the DL. 

4 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Curious which 3b do you rank above him?

Surely better: Arenado, Bregman, Rendon.

Debatable: Baez, Machado, Bryant.

I would take Devers over Bryant. especially in dynasty leagues.

Edited by jhsong916
Just now, rasto21585 said:

Do you think machado is not far from that group?

In both redrafts and dynasties, I think Arenado, Rendon, Bregman is still in a tier of their own. So I think I should exclude them.

Machado, Devers, Baez all looks like a solid 2nd rounder at this moment. So I think I'll have a hard time deciding between them.

Still, Devers is a solid Top 5-7 3B, at worst IMO.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:35 AM, jhsong916 said:

Surely better: Arenado, Bregman, Rendon.

Debatable: Baez, Machado, Bryant.

I would take Devers over Bryant. especially in dynasty leagues.

Bregman, Baez, and Machado are all shortstop eligible and will be next year, too.  Not sure why you tossed them in.  Even if they were only third base eligible, I'd still rather have Devers than Bregman (Devers is outperforming Bregman this year by a meaningful margin and I see that trend escalating).  Machado and Baez are tougher calls in a redraft.  

Bryant or Rendon?  Yeah, no way.  Give me Devers in a redraft and by a mile in a dynasty or keeper. 

Devers is up to 13 homers the second day in July.  Time to post this quote again:

On 5/8/2019 at 1:03 PM, motown magic said:

... Nothing matters but this year.  If Devers had 4-5 or 6 hrs by now. I would agree he could hit 25 . Sure he may hit 2 in a game here and there. But the empty spots in between are what will hold him back ...

LOL ! Just keep saying over and over. I believe I believe I believe. Then before you know it the calendar will turn to Sept and you"ll see Devers sitting there with 14-15 hrs . Remember. I believe I believe I believe. This holds true for Buxton owners as well.

8 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Bregman, Baez, and Machado are all shortstop eligible and will be next year, too.  Not sure why you tossed them in.  Even if they were only third base eligible, I'd still rather have Devers than Bregman (Devers is outperforming Bregman this year by a meaningful margin and I see that trend escalating).  Machado and Baez are tougher calls in a redraft.  

Bryant or Rendon?  Yeah, no way.  Give me Devers in a redraft and by a mile in a dynasty or keeper.

Yeah Im going to wait until Devers puts together one full elite season before I would even consider putting him over Bregman.

Nooooo way I take Devers over Rendon. As someone else stated, let him put together an entire season together and then we talk.

Arenado > Bregman > Rendon, and then maybe Devers (I would personally take Bryant over him, but wouldn't fault you for taking Devers). 

4 hours ago, jspeco9 said:

Nooooo way I take Devers over Rendon. As someone else stated, let him put together an entire season together and then we talk.

Arenado > Bregman > Rendon, and then maybe Devers (I would personally take Bryant over him, but wouldn't fault you for taking Devers). 

Bryant?

james franco wtf GIF

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

Since May 1st (52 Games):

.345 AVG

14 HR

48 RBI

49 Runs

17 Doubles

4 SB

1.002 OPS

155 wRC+

giphy.gif

Holy $#!+ wow!!!! What awesome numbers!!! His season numbers would be looking even more godly had he had a slightly better April. Damn I'm glad I listened to that, "best shape of life" spiel prior to the season. 

It is satisfying to have to make the case why this young man has power potential when he was struggling and hear the naysayers crapping on him and then watch him go out and destroy the baseball for a couple months. 

This page is littered with golden hot takes. :lol:

Have some patience with your young studs, people!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

Looks like the power is finally coming together after his horrible April. In a full season, is he more of a 30 hr bat or 20?

These guy has looked like a superstar in the making for a few years now ... I mean, he broke into the big leagues at what, 20 years old? 

30 is looking like the floor (assuming health, as always) for the foreseeable future.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a few 100/35+/120/.320/5+ seasons strung together in a row.  

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1