Miguel Cabrera 2019 Outlook

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i love when RW forums brings people together 

Did I bet @Cmilne23 over/under 25 bombs? Oh that was just a type-o. Clearly meant 2.5 bombs.

I don't disagree with what you're saying on the surface about ISO. But I love ISO. ISO is one of my favorite metrics and I think it helps tell a true story even here about how Miguel Cabrera is hittin

Posted Images

Man I hope he's off the gin and on the juice. A Bonds/Ortiz style mid-life crisis, please . . . Just take out the frustration of living in a universe that doesn't make sense anymore on the ball, Mig. And stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, bdy1 said:

Man I hope he's off the gin and on the juice. A Bonds/Ortiz style mid-life crisis, please . . . Just take out the frustration of living in a universe that doesn't make sense anymore on the ball, Mig. And stay safe.

Well only way he’s coming back is being on the juice.  So give me the gin, and Miggy the juice and you might have a reincarnation.

Edited by Cmilne23

kinda looked like the back of the hand, between the pinky and wrist. not sure, he has some sort of wrist guard on but they took a look at the hand and took him out.

he was cursing to himself and shaking his head. i'm guessing it's not good.

edit: okay, whew, just precautionary then.

Edited by Hockey_Baseball

2-17 so far and absolutely nothing but those 2 singles on the stat sheet. He tore up spring training, so I bought into it, reluctantly. Maybe he was just facing some not so good pitching? After 2 down years, is he really done this time? I haven't seen any live ab's to see what he looks like.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, laracco said:

2-17 so far and absolutely nothing but those 2 singles on the stat sheet. He tore up spring training, so I bought into it, reluctantly. Maybe he was just facing some not so good pitching? After 2 down years, is he really done this time? I haven't seen any live ab's to see what he looks like.

I don't know if this means anything to people, but in one of the games in the Jays series he hit two fly balls DEEP to the warning track that were caught. For one of them Teoscar jumped at the fence to get it.

If those drop we're likely feeling better, though I agree early signs aren't positive.

2 minutes ago, DonaldsDucks said:

I don't know if this means anything to people, but in one of the games in the Jays series he hit two fly balls DEEP to the warning track that were caught. For one of them Teoscar jumped at the fence to get it.

If those drop we're likely feeling better, though I agree early signs aren't positive.

He also worked an 0-2 count into a walk yesterday.    I would call tbe last 2 years more "injury" than "down".  Everyone that drafted him knew the deal....but you have to hold (not start per se) until warm weather.

3 hours ago, laracco said:

Or maybe the season is just 4 games old.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 89Topps said:

yeah, plus consider that he took an 0-6 on sunday after being hit on the hand and going for X-rays / being listed as DTD on saturday night, not even being sure he'd play. i wouldn't read too much into anything just yet

2 hours ago, 89Topps said:

And maybe that was why I was asking how he has looked so far. Even in 4 games, he could look pretty crappy. 

6 hours ago, laracco said:

2-17 so far and absolutely nothing but those 2 singles on the stat sheet. He tore up spring training, so I bought into it, reluctantly. After 2 down years, is he really done this time? 

If you're looking for encouragement to drop  player less than 1 week into a season, I'm not going to be the one to give it to you. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

If you're looking for encouragement to drop  player less than 1 week into a season, I'm not going to be the one to give it to you. 

Did I say I was going to drop him or did I ask how he looked? I'm sorry I did at this point.