NBC Sports Edge Forums

Zack Wheeler 2019 Outlook

18 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

yea no doubt--im ok with him pitching around freeman...it was moreso the fact he gave up a hit to donaldson after getting ahead in the count then, i believe, walking acuna on 4 pitches.

all in in encouraging outing though.  fastball hit 100 at times too

Fastball hit 101.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You bring up good points. The fact of the matter however is that there, at least in my opinion, aren’t 30 starters that I feel very secure both with the performance and the durability. There’s probabl

The 11k’s are fantastic but I’m thrilled to see the zero walks. His stuff is so good and he is so proficient at inducing weak contact that it’s so frustrating to see him give up free passes. 

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Fastball hit 101.

Did it really? Holy s---. I was down on this guy honestly. Just didn’t believe in him. If he’s throwing that hard I may try to trade for him. Do you see a low three ERA for the year?? 

Edited by hangin n wangin
1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Did it really? Holy s---. I was down on this guy honestly. Just didn’t believe in him. If he’s throwing that hard I may try to trade for him. Do you see a low three ERA for the year?? Yes

Yes. Trust the stuff. He'll win you a league. 

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Did it really? Holy s---. I was down on this guy honestly. Just didn’t believe in him. If he’s throwing that hard I may try to trade for him. Do you see a low three ERA for the year?? 

Yeah, that's what the announcer said during the game.  When you throw that hard, control is always an issue.  So don't worry about the cold start.  There are double digit strikeout games forthcoming.

3 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

His era in each of his 4 seasons has been:

3.4, 3.5, 5.2, 3.3

The 5.2 era was in 80ip after TJ surgery. I’d say you can just about bank on a mid to low 3 era with a k/9 at 9+. His velocity is up 1.5mph so far compared to last year, try and buy and hope his owner is still iffy after his first two starts. 

Edited by KrunK

FWIW they sounded pretty sure that the gun was "juiced" during the game and even commenting that they had to restart / "re calibrate" it.. the other starter's mph was supposedly jacked up a few notches a** well.

4 hours ago, Sully said:

FWIW they sounded pretty sure that the gun was "juiced" during the game and even commenting that they had to restart / "re calibrate" it.. the other starter's mph was supposedly jacked up a few notches a** well.

yup. heard this on the broadcast as well.

Edited by FritzLn
2 minutes ago, mtblock said:

So what are we thinking today? The way Matz and Syndergaard got hit, I want to shy away. 

I also don't think he is over his control issues. 

I'm running him out there. Maybe the Phillies hitters arms will be tired from all the hitting yesterday.

31 minutes ago, mtblock said:

So what are we thinking today? The way Matz and Syndergaard got hit, I want to shy away. 

I also don't think he is over his control issues. 

My first instinct was to sit him. But then I saw him say he thinks he saw the prob. He was rushing through his windup. Dunno if there's anything to it, but he settled down after a rough 1st vs. ATL. I would be ok with something resembling a QS and like 7 Ks.

So I am starting him. The Mess only used two peripheral RPs yesterday, so they probably won't hang him out there to dry if he sucks.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mtblock said:

So...we starting tonight? 

Had a decent game last time out, which was in Philly. But this is his second time facing them.

I'm starting him, if they were playing in Philly I would probably think twice. My feeling is that I drafted him early enough where this should be a start. Plus it's early enough in the roto season to more than recover from a stinker. H2H, I'm starting him there too... it's only Tuesday, later in the week and I would probably let my matchup dictate whether on not I use him. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mtblock said:

So...we starting tonight? 

Had a decent game last time out, which was in Philly. But this is his second time facing them.

I take back everything I said. Stud tonight. Glad i started him.  

The 11k’s are fantastic but I’m thrilled to see the zero walks. His stuff is so good and he is so proficient at inducing weak contact that it’s so frustrating to see him give up free passes. 

• Like 3