Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandin Cooks 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

checked his twitter, seems like an amazing guy and a man of faith. it sucks the way hes used on the field as a deep threat, where he gets targeted on long bombs and falls to the turf hard on his head/shoulder to make the catch.  hope he'll be OK long term health wise 

Edited by dannyz6969
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this everyone's first time owning Cooks or something?

This is not a huge sample size, but in the six 2018 games in which Cooks/Kupp/Woods all played together (long enough to gather a typical amount of targets), here's how they fared... As ment

This is a great week to smell what Brandin is Cooks-ing. Ideal defense to exploit with a speedster deep on a injury riddled, slow defensive backfield. Put me down for 100+ with a TD

Posted Images

I cut him and he passed waivers in my 12-team 0.5PPR. I feel for the player - gotta be scary having the snot beaten out of you over and over again. Missed most of a Superbowl. Knocked out twice this year. He's got more money than he knows what to do with. I hope he protects his health and moves on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

it sucks the way hes used on the field as a deep threat, where he gets targeted on long bombs and falls to the turf hard on his head/shoulder to make the catch.

Better to be a deep threat than working the short stuff and going over the middle. That's where most concussions happen, with hard hitting LBs and safeties licking their chops. Hitting the turf on deep throws happens, but concussions are pretty rare on those plays. They usually come through opponents that hit with force against the movement of your head.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Better to be a deep threat than working the short stuff and going over the middle. That's where most concussions happen, with hard hitting LBs and safeties licking their chops. Hitting the turf on deep throws happens, but concussions are pretty rare on those plays. They usually come through opponents that hit with force against the movement of your head.

 

Yup, and i think thats how his second concussion happened. over the short middle. First one was on a deep attempt

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

 

Everyone should be rostering Reynolds.

Yep. I actually dropped Cooks. I don't see him returning this year. Reynolds isn't Cooks, but he's definitely more of a redzone threat with his large frame. That's what I liked about him last year. He doesn't have Cooks speed or abilities, but he's got enough to be a vertical threat and redzone hog.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SonataArctica said:

 

Everyone should be rostering Reynolds.

 

Why, because Cooks has been so good when he plays? Nobody in this offense except Kupp has been even remotely consistent. If you drafted Cooks, Woods, and Gurley your team is probably struggling right now. 

Reynolds is the #3 option at best behind Kupp and Woods, and you could argue that he's behind Gurley and Everett as well. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

 

Why, because Cooks has been so good when he plays? Nobody in this offense except Kupp has been even remotely consistent. If you drafted Cooks, Woods, and Gurley your team is probably struggling right now. 

Reynolds is the #3 option at best behind Kupp and Woods, and you could argue that he's behind Gurley and Everett as well. 

 

 

i completely agree.  guys like Pascal, D Parker and even Stills seem like a safer bet than a player thats relying on Jared Garrrrrrfffff

Edited by aadam
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean Sterling Shepard had been practicing too before this latest setback.


I know, definitely wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a similar situation.

just thought it was some vaguely positive news for those still on the fence about dropping/holding him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

(Rotoworld) Brandin Cooks (concussion) was cleared to practice on a limited basis.

Analysis: Cooks is out this week after his second concussion of the season. There was concern over how many games he'll miss, but this is obviously a good sign. Barring setbacks, this puts Cooks on track to return in Week 11.

 

Anyone out there gonna pull the trigger if he was dropped?  In my league he's the best out there without a doubt.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

(Rotoworld) Brandin Cooks (concussion) was cleared to practice on a limited basis.

Analysis: Cooks is out this week after his second concussion of the season. There was concern over how many games he'll miss, but this is obviously a good sign. Barring setbacks, this puts Cooks on track to return in Week 11.

 

Anyone out there gonna pull the trigger if he was dropped?  In my league he's the best out there without a doubt.  

I have no clue. In my opinion he should take the rest of the year off, but he's always come back really soon from prior concussions. Definitely worth adding to your IR if you have one. The Rams just look really bad though and I don't see him as a strong play at all. Maybe one or two HR games if things go right. Like you said though, at this point in the season he is probably the best of what's available on the wire.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...