NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cooper Kupp 2019 Outlook

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These kickers annoy me. They only get points because no one's allowed to tackle them. Hand the ball off to them in an 8 man box and see how well they do.

fixed  

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Was traveling, and didn’t catch the Niners game.  Any concern here, or just a case of the entire offense face-planting? Lining up a trade for him, but want to confirm with those that follow him closely that this appears to be an anomaly.

No knock on coop, just a total offensive face plant against an up and coming defense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Was traveling, and didn’t catch the Niners game.  Any concern here, or just a case of the entire offense face-planting? Lining up a trade for him, but want to confirm with those that follow him closely that this appears to be an anomaly.

Goff threw for 78 yards total against a dominant defense. Id say zero concern whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
53 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

No concern. Them not going at Kupp more really wrecked them honestly. I’m sure they’ll try to fix that this week. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, jpark211 said:

I just don't get what is up with Goff... he has completely regressed since mid last season

he doesnt have the best offensive line babying him anymore. Look at Brissett. He has no business playing that good. 

A great o-line can make an average talent look like a top 10 player

You remember Goff's rookie year? That's more in tune to what he's actually like as a qb

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, jpark211 said:

Still not concerned after yesterday's game?

I mentioned this a few weeks ago. His season reminded me of Thielans last year. Boom thru the first 8 games, but the bust was looming. Pretty much happened, sorry. I have Goff and I’m a Rams fans, knew Kupp was going to come back down to earth. Still a solid WR though. 

16 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Well ... touchdowns.

Thats on the WR to get a TD. The Rams WRs are not very good at all in RAC yards. Most of them go down like a wet blanket on first contact. Thats on them, not Goff. They want to run it in the red zone 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 1

His schedule does get tougher. That doesn't worry me, what does worry is the defense is much improved with Ramsey.  Which means Goff may not have to throw as much to keep up and they will run the ball more when they have a nice lead... like yesterday. I'm holding unless I can get a nice haul in return like a Hopkins or Jones... I'd even take Hilton (schedule looks nice).

7 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

could it be that opposing defenses cracked that code too?

Certainly possible, but his targets have been down which tells me it’s game plan more than opposing D. Had he been targeted at the same rate these past few weeks with poor result, I’d be more inclined to believe the league had made an adjustment. I think it’s just the coaching staff making the same mistake we often do as fantasy owners...overthinking the simple start your studs mentality. 

Edited by RandyShackleford
2 hours ago, Chippa said:

You remember Goff's rookie year? That's more in tune to what he's actually like as a qb

Someone doesn't know much about football... stick to fantasy. 

No, Goff is not to the level he played at last year (not yet), but he's obviously better than he was in his rookie year playing for Jeff Fisher. He's right in the middle right now as an above average starter. Do you think Wentz sucks too? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, afl5013 said:

Someone doesn't know much about football... stick to fantasy

No, Goff is not to the level he played at last year (not yet), but he's obviously better than he was in his rookie year playing for Jeff Fisher. He's right in the middle right now as an above average starter. Do you think Wentz sucks too? 

bro, if Goff's line stinks, he's gonna play bad. I'm sick of people making excuses for this dude

Wentz is VERY overrated. Talented, but overrated

9 minutes ago, Chippa said:

bro, if Goff's line stinks, he's gonna play bad. I'm sick of people making excuses for this dude

Wentz is VERY overrated. Talented, but overrated

If most QB's line stinks, they are gonna play bad. People overrate QBs nowadays and think that they should be able to win it all by themselves. There are 11 people on the offense. There's only 3-4 QBs in the entire league that can overcome that and not being able to overcome that doesn't mean he's a terrible QB. He's accurate as hell when he has time.

Now that Edwards is in, he might actually have some time (although that could be chalked up tot he Falcons non-existent pass rush). 

1 minute ago, afl5013 said:

If most QB's line stinks, they are gonna play bad. People overrate QBs nowadays and think that they should be able to win it all by themselves. There are 11 people on the offense. There's only 3-4 QBs in the entire league that can overcome that and not being able to overcome that doesn't mean he's a terrible QB. He's accurate as hell when he has time.

Now that Edwards is in, he might actually have some time (although that could be chalked up tot he Falcons non-existent pass rush). 

I agree with that. Still, people give some qb's a pass, and other qb's do not get a pass. 

I just happen to think that Goff NEEDS a good line and great weapons to even be above average

13 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I agree with that. Still, people give some qb's a pass, and other qb's do not get a pass. 

I just happen to think that Goff NEEDS a good line and great weapons to even be above average

I can agree with all of that. Right now Goff does need those things, but remember that he's only 24 years old. Saying the version of him in his rookie year is his true form could not be farther from the truth though.

4 hours ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Currently on pace for 116 catches, 1584 yards and 10 TDs. Only thing that sucks about this Cupp breakout season is he will be insanely expensive next year

This is not a breakout. Kupp was already a superstar. He'll probably be a third round pick next year because he never gets any love. 

He was even better last year. In 6 healthy games, he had 35 receptions, over 500 yards, and 6 TDs. So his pace last year was around 95 catches, 1400 yards, and 16 TDs. But yeah, he came out of nowhere....