NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cooper Kupp 2019 Outlook

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These kickers annoy me. They only get points because no one's allowed to tackle them. Hand the ball off to them in an 8 man box and see how well they do.

fixed  

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

These slot receivers annoy me. They only get open because the defense is focused on the other receivers who actually have speed. Put Kupp in Cooks spot and see how open he gets.... 

Question is put Cooks and Kupp's spot and see if he does as well. Maybe but I don't think so

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

These slot receivers annoy me. They only get open because the defense is focused on the other receivers who actually have speed. Put Kupp in Cooks spot and see how open he gets.... 

Did you go up against the Kupp owner this week?

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

That's why I targeted Kupp over those other guys.   He is a ppr monster and floor is much higher.  

• Like 4

Gurley only 15 rushes for 51 yards, and he was running it really well early in the game.  I think the Rams will continue to throw a lot because a lot of teams are lining up 6 lineman on defense, like the Pats did in the Superbowl, to slow down Gurley.  Funny thing is according to the numbers, the Rams should have had a big advantage on rushing downs according to the adjusted line yards (see photo & link below).  So without Gurley putting up big numbers on the ground, the short passing game is going to have to step up to replace a lot of the rushing production.  Kupp has the safest floor and maybe even the highest ceiling of the RAMs WRs, based on volume & his end zone opportunities, even in standard.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/numbers/nfl-week-5-mismatch-manifesto

adjusted_line_yards_w5.png

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BadMoon said:

Somehow this guy only plays in 3 WR sets and still puts up these crazy numbers!

Is there any other receiver in the league that is 3rd on the depth chart but is their team's de facto #1? 

That is the beauty of Kupp !!!   Teams are willing to give up a ton of underneath yards and catches to avoid the bomb to the deep threats.  

Adam Thielen 2018 anyone? I had Thielen last year and his usage and production the first 8 games was nearly identical to Kupps. Then all the sudden his numbers and production dropped off a cliff. Partly because they started moving him around out of the slot. Hopefully the Rams don’t do anything like that, this is a great roll he’s on.