NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cooper Kupp 2019 Outlook

46 minutes ago, BadMoon said:

Somehow this guy only plays in 3 WR sets and still puts up these crazy numbers!

Is there any other receiver in the league that is 3rd on the depth chart but is their team's de facto #1? 

The Rams really only play 3 WR sets haha, Kupp doesn’t have less than 90% of the snap counts this year. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These kickers annoy me. They only get points because no one's allowed to tackle them. Hand the ball off to them in an 8 man box and see how well they do.

fixed  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Adam Thielen 2018 anyone? I had Thielen last year and his usage and production the first 8 games was nearly identical to Kupps. Then all the sudden his numbers and production dropped off a cliff. Partly because they started moving him around out of the slot. Hopefully the Rams don’t do anything like that, this is a great roll he’s on. 

I tend to doubt the Rams playbook will ever look anything like the Vikings with McVay around.

57 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

The Rams really only play 3 WR sets haha, Kupp doesn’t have less than 90% of the snap counts this year. 

Honestly they started multiple drives, including the first, with 2 TE sets to run Gurley a lot. It had me nervous. Especially when Kupp has 0 receptions 1/3 of the way into the game. Good thing I kept cool and calmly waited for the explosion!

9 hours ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Question is put Cooks and Kupp's spot and see if he does as well. Maybe but I don't think so

Plz. Cooks would rip s--- if he was a lightly defended slot receiver like Kupp. Guys like Kupp are only good because they operate underneath. Away from the best cover guys. And they're always close to the qb. 

1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

Plz. Cooks would rip s--- if he was a lightly defended slot receiver like Kupp. Guys like Kupp are only good because they operate underneath. Away from the best cover guys. And they're always close to the qb. 

Don't slander our king 

7 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Looks like someone is jealous. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
12 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Not to discredit Kupp because I do think he is a legitimately good WR but he definitely benefits from Goff being a not-so-good real life QB... since he struggles to read defenses he certainly relies on that security blanket that Kupp provides, but again it's not a knock on Kupp's abilities since he still has to garner separation.

Basically, I don't see this train slowing down anytime soon. Kupp is a perfect fit for the way Goff plays his position. 

Edited by MoonBlaster

he's been a league winner type of player this season so far. drafted in the mid rounds producing 1st round numbers..but if you drafted conner or juju in the first or second rounds like me.....kupp's been more of a treading water type of player.

2 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

The butthurt is strong 

18 minutes ago, astrongcupofjoel said:

uhhh... 66.6% snap share last night... maybe watch the game or check the data before you talk about it?

He took a cleat to the shin and kept having to come out to get it re-taped... did you watch the game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

He's also arguably the best route runner in the NFL. Has as good of hands as anyone. Isn't phased by traffic.Is elite after the catch. And has phenomenal instincts. 

But yeah, it's just because he's in the slot. Every team has a slot receiver that puts up 9/100/1 every week. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MoonBlaster said:

Not to discredit Kupp because I do think he is a legitimately good WR but he definitely benefits from Goff being a not-so-good real life QB... since he struggles to read defenses he certainly relies on that security blanket that Kupp provides, but again it's not a knock on Kupp's abilities since he still has to garner separation.

Basically, I don't see this train slowing down anytime soon. Kupp is a perfect fit for the way Goff plays his position. 

Hmm, is it just Goff. What evidence do we have that Kupp has ever been good with another QB. 

Checks college numbers. 

78 TDs in 4 years. 

Oh... 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

That happened like early 3rd quarter. He had a handful of catches after that scare. Nothing to see here. 

He had 20 yards on two catches on the last drive in the 4th. Take a look at the game tape and enjoy!

7 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-ram-6.php

last night was an anomaly. Kupp is on the field for most every play, just like Edelman, 

so? you said "Kupp doesn’t have less than 90% of the snap counts this year." 

and that's not true: https://www.lineups.com/nfl/snap-counts

if you think it's an anomaly, say so. but mis-stating facts instead makes it look like you're playing fast and loose and kinda takes away some of your credibility...