NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jesse Winker 2019 Outlook

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cools off?  He has like a .200 .babip. He hasnt begun to heat up.

He's had a bum shoulder since 2014! Adjusted his swing to make it work so that he could get to the show. Prospect guys always wondered why his power suddenly disappeared in the minors and that is the

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Possibly. But i still dont know who plays CF among Puig, Winker and Kemp.

Schebler. Kemp’s role hasn’t changed. He’ll play some v LHP primarily and Puig may shift to CF at times especially at home. 

Being a Reds fan and devout follower, the Winker situation is not good. Schebler is awesome, Kemp will get looks at lefties more than you think, rostering Winker may be a headache for the weekly lineup guys

25 HR, 90 RBI lol, yeah if he gets 550 AB's which is not happening without a trade of some kind or another injury to the Redlegs

• Like 2
9 hours ago, henchforlife said:

Being a Reds fan and devout follower, the Winker situation is not good. Schebler is awesome, Kemp will get looks at lefties more than you think, rostering Winker may be a headache for the weekly lineup guys

25 HR, 90 RBI lol, yeah if he gets 550 AB's which is not happening without a trade of some kind or another injury to the Redlegs

As a fellow Reds fan, Schebler is definitely not awesome.

But you're right about Kemp. Until he's traded away, it's going to be a headache owning Winker.

3 hours ago, Tayne said:

As a fellow Reds fan, Schebler is definitely not awesome

But Thom Brennaman is. I like listening to him. He even does play by play for Fox NFL football.  

Ny point of view:  once we're past the "service time" issue, and the shennanigans that result from it, the best option is to 'draft skills' and not 'supposed role'.   Skills almost always rise to the top (again, aftet the service time intrusion).   So, with this said, winker is someone I've drafter in literally every league.   Players who walk more often than the K, have proven top be highly valuable to major league teams.  All nine of them.

Sign me up for Winker, every time, in every league.

• Like 1

Winker is Outfield Votto.  You gotta get him in the line-up every day.  Issue is centerfield and who plays it.  I think Kemp is going to wild out in Cincy's bandbox as well so Kemp, Winker, Puig is the OF optimally.  Can Puig play centerfield for the time being?

I don't know how Kemp hasn't ended up in the AL where he could DH half his at-bats. 

3 hours ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Winker is Outfield Votto.  You gotta get him in the line-up every day.  Issue is centerfield and who plays it.  I think Kemp is going to wild out in Cincy's bandbox as well so Kemp, Winker, Puig is the OF optimally.  Can Puig play centerfield for the time being?

I don't know how Kemp hasn't ended up in the AL where he could DH half his at-bats. 

I think Schebler still plays over Kemp v RHP. Cincy OF is small so at Home especially the Puig strategy could work tho

1 hour ago, Sidearmer said:

Winker not in the lineup against a RHP today. Matt Kemp playing in his place. Pretty discouraging, probably means he won't play against any LHP.

Just seen he's 4-6 lifetime vs today's pitcher too 🤬

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

Winker not in the lineup against a RHP today. Matt Kemp playing in his place. Pretty discouraging, probably means he won't play against any LHP.

You have to figure that the reds will want to trade an OF.  Kemp makes too much $.  If thats the case,theyll want to showcase him for a potential trade partner (Angels).  Needless to say,i have no inside informafion but its not exactly tin foil hat level stuff.

Edited by Cesare13
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

You have to figure that the reds will want to trade an OF.  Kemp makes too much $.  If thats the case,theyll want to showcase him for a potential trade partner (Angels).  Needless to say,i have no inside informafion but its not exactly tin foil hat level stuff.

You’d think so, but these “new” managers seem hip on rotating 17 guys through 4 spots, not naming closers, and allowing starters to be babied.  These new managers are so hip and cool.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
13 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

You’d think so, but these “new” managers seem hip on rotating 17 guys through 4 spots, not naming closers, and allowing starters to be babied.  These new managers are so hip and cool.

Hip and cool. Hahahaa i dont know why but i cant stop laughing. Its so true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I dont think so. They traded for 2 OF in the summer... and Kemp has no value whatsoever. Let's just hope that kemp continues to stink it up and the manager realizes that winker is the guy who needs to be in left everyday

I think he's sitting today as he was supposed to yesterday before the rain out.  The manager is just getting Kemp some early season run, you'll see that with several guys early in the season.  I wouldn't worry too much unless it becomes at trend.  

• Like 2