NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jesse Winker 2019 Outlook

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cools off?  He has like a .200 .babip. He hasnt begun to heat up.

He's had a bum shoulder since 2014! Adjusted his swing to make it work so that he could get to the show. Prospect guys always wondered why his power suddenly disappeared in the minors and that is the

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dkrocka said:

3 games in, sound the alarm. It's panic button time.

Sitting is sitting, you can rationalize it all you want, doesn't change the fact that he isn't playing. He is not the type of player most fantasy teams can carry if he finds himself in any sort of significant platoon.

• Like 1

I'm not dropping him. He was a ROY candidate before getting hurt.

Guy hit 321 against righties last year with an 874 ops... Not sure what that manager is thinking besides we're going to move Kemp at some point.

1 minute ago, Del Rio said:

Certainly don't foresee this situation getting any better once Senzel gets the call

This is the 2nd time I've seen this posted.  Senzel is going to be out for WEEKS with his sprained ankle and will need plenty of ABs to get back up to speed.  And he'll need to impress in those ABs to prove he's worthy of the call up.

Winker has more than enough time to establish himself before Senzel is up, and that's assuming that Senzel will even have an impact on Winker's playing time in the first place.

We better not be getting cool hip new managered on this one.  He better be sick, or I’ll be sick.  I hated David Bell’s guts as a Mariner, I was already skeptical if his last named wasn’t BELL that he would be a manager in the majors.  

53 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

This is the 2nd time I've seen this posted.  Senzel is going to be out for WEEKS with his sprained ankle and will need plenty of ABs to get back up to speed.  And he'll need to impress in those ABs to prove he's worthy of the call up.

Winker has more than enough time to establish himself before Senzel is up, and that's assuming that Senzel will even have an impact on Winker's playing time in the first place.

You are forgetting one piece of context with Senzel. The injury does not really alter his timeline at all for getting called up. He was going to be in the minors until the Reds got an extra year of control. He isn't "developing" in the minors as much as he is waiting for time to pass. The injury made it more convenient for the Reds, but if he comes back and plays well then I would view it as a rehab assignment and not a time to prove himself in the minors. 

The Reds are still figuring this all out. Scooter going down probably puts more stress on the lineup and how it is made then we are giving credit. It is very frustrating to see a kid like Winker not get a shot out of the gate. And yes, performance changes everything, but that cuts both ways. What if Kemp performs? What is Senzel performs? Blah, blah, blah. Format will dictate a lot of decisions, but if I owned Winker I would patiently hold and hope he gets a shot. I think he should get all the at-bats vs. RHP and I do not have a ton of faith in Senzel staying healthy. I think Winker finds his way to substantial at-bats. 

2 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

We better not be getting cool hip new managered on this one.  He better be sick, or I’ll be sick.  I hated David Bell’s guts as a Mariner, I was already skeptical if his last named wasn’t BELL that he would be a manager in the majors.  

I'm really starting to hate all these CHNM's. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

You are forgetting one piece of context with Senzel. The injury does not really alter his timeline at all for getting called up. He was going to be in the minors until Super 2 passed.

Everything I had read lead me to believe he was going to be up in mid April, and not super two. What makes you feel it was going to be the super two and not standard extra year of control?

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

Everything I had read lead me to believe he was going to be up in mid April, and not super two. What makes you feel it was going to be the super two and not standard extra year of control?

Sorry, I am not being clear and bleeding the two. He stays out of the MLB until he gets an extra year of control. 

• Like 1

I probably reached on him in round 11 of my 16tm league as my 5th OF but I am still a big believer in the talent and his approach at the plate.  I will hold and make due at least through the first month to see what happens with him.