NBC Sports Edge Forums

Delon Wright 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no need to take shots at anyone else’s league.  Especially when you don’t have any facts to back it up.

I’m taking a shot I added him in both leagues. I even dropped Gary Harris for him. I think he’ll be worth it. Conley should be a shutdown candidate rest of the way and even if he doesn’t he should get

Damn, I wished I was cool enough to join your superior league 

Just now, bradychen said:

when it comes to playoff, every little pts/stl/blk counts, no?

he is a good waiver wire add nothing more nothing less. To not pick him up because of that reason would be stupid. Who knows what will be in Week 22. Thats a long time. Other Teams have players with a bad schedule aswell and we all will be streaming either way. He is a great lottery ticket to have.

23 minutes ago, Fantasyhero said:

he is a good waiver wire add nothing more nothing less. To not pick him up because of that reason would be stupid. Who knows what will be in Week 22. Thats a long time. Other Teams have players with a bad schedule aswell and we all will be streaming either way. He is a great lottery ticket to have.

It's not a reason to avoid him, but it's certainly a reason to be cautious.  

Week 22 is in 4.5 weeks.  3.5 if you're combining next week's ASB.  It's actually not too far away.  His schedule is about average (2-2-4-3) before the playoffs, so you need to seriously consider why you'd want to add him over someone else, given he'll be backing up Conley and possibly Bradley.  To your point about streaming, the problem is that his PO schedule is back-loaded, so if you're adding him, you're adding him AFTER that 2 game week, and using HIS spot to stream.  And yeah, if you are actually USING a bench player with a 2 game week during your first week of playoffs, when you absolutely need to survive, you must be in a really really deep league.

Yes, he's a good wire add...but for what?  And when?

His use case right now is having him play out the next two-three weeks in order for you to improve PO seedings or to actually get into/survive the PO rush.  

Furthermore, if you're comparing him to other hot FAs that might've been improved by the trade deadline (e.g. Zubac, SGA or whoever else is available), and who potentially have better PO schedules (both of those FAs have a 4-3-4), then it makes more sense to grab them over Delon.

Point being, the POs are important (given we need to get to, and go through them), so adding FAs at this time means fantasy owners need to consider their PO schedule...well, GOOD fantasy owners, at least, lol.

i would not add him in 10 (or thin 12 team) leagues thats for sure. 

but in deeper leagues he has value for his steals upside alone...

3 to 5 weeks till the playoffs is much time. I bet half they guys that added him now have dropped him by next week if conley and bradley play 30 mins the first couple of games....or for the next hot FA. There a so many guys that make moves night in night out. So why not delon aswell? Just to see what happens... The upside is there...

Edited by Fantasyhero
Just now, bmoney0111 said:

True but it's all up to management if he plays or not.

I don’t think so abynore if he is not part of there future plans. They could tell him but he doesn’t have to listen. 

15 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I don’t think so abynore if he is not part of there future plans. They could tell him but he doesn’t have to listen. 

the same goes for the management...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, t_h_i said:

Intrigued... Originally stashed I. Rabb, but w/ the trade deadline Wright's looks a better pick... J. Isaac is on the waiver and SGA is also available as a FA. Thoughts on the  best ROS outlook?

Get Isaac now. Also, you should post on the AC forum.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, t_h_i said:

New here, not sure what AC forum is; but thanks!

It's the "Assistant coach" forum where you can ask roster-related questions like "should I drop A for B?" or "should I trade A for B?" or "is this a good trade".

http://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/5-fantasy-basketball/

• Thanks 1