NBC Sports Edge Forums

Last keeper spot help

Need help deciding my last keeper.  We get to keep up to 8 players with a draft budget of $260 in a 12 team standard 5x5 league except with k/9 instead of k's.  The cheapest anyone can be kept is $5 and anyone who was $5-$9 is kept at $10.  Anyone who was $10 or higher salary increases by 50% the following year.  The prices listed are how much they will be kept for the upcoming season.  Ideally I'd like to make a trade or 2 but it's not looking too likely at this point.

right now I'm keeping:

Ronald Acuna Jr - 10

Aaron Judge - 10

Rhys Hoskins - 10

Luis Severino - 10

Walker Buehler - 5

Vlad Guerrero Jr - 5

Adalberto Mondesi - 5

Options for the last keeper spot are:

Charlie Blackmon - 33

Corey Seager - 22

Gary Sanchez - 15

Sean Doolittle - 10

Matt Olson - 10

Jose Peraza - 10

Jurickson Profar - 5

Fernando Tatis Jr - 5

Tyler Glasnow - 5

Freddy Peralta - 5

Joey Lucchesi - 5

Julio Urias - 5

I’m kind of torn here.  You have some great  value plays there.  I’m leaning towards Sanchez at 15.  He can be such a difference maker at the C position if healthy.  The other choice for me is Olson at 10.  So young and so much power.  Projected to hit in the top half of a solid A’s lineup, and 1B is weak this year.  Assuming Hoskins is 1B eligible, I think I would keep Sanchez at C.  Otherwise if Hoskins is only OF eligible for some reason, I would keep Olson.  Those are the 2 best choices IMO

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, TheTruth024 said:

I’m kind of torn here.  You have some great  value plays there.  I’m leaning towards Sanchez at 15.  He can be such a difference maker at the C position if healthy.  The other choice for me is Olson at 10.  So young and so much power.  Projected to hit in the top half of a solid A’s lineup, and 1B is weak this year.  Assuming Hoskins is 1B eligible, I think I would keep Sanchez at C.  Otherwise if Hoskins is only OF eligible for some reason, I would keep Olson.  Those are the 2 best choices IMO

I forgot I also have Wilson Ramos who can be kept for 5.  Hoskins does have 1b eligibility but I am also high on Olson as well. Agreed though that Sanchez offers massive potential and the most upside in a position that aside from a handful of players is usually a black hole.

Really tough decision here.

I think your top 7 are locks, but man oh man ...

I guess I go with Gary Sanchez and hope he pulls it together and nets you the best C in baseball for fantasy next season.

On February 7, 2019 at 9:24 PM, CrypTviLL said:

Really tough decision here.

I think your top 7 are locks, but man oh man ...

I guess I go with Gary Sanchez and hope he pulls it together and nets you the best C in baseball for fantasy next season.

On February 7, 2019 at 10:05 PM, BostonCajun said:

That's really tough but I think I'd go with Sanchez as well. The value is there this year for sure and if he turns out to not be worth the $22 next year you could toss him back to the pool for someone in this year's draft. 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/741968-final-keeper-spot-whir/

Yeah I was leaning this way before I made this post and it seems to be the general consensus but I definitely have some intriguing options so wanted some other opinions.  It's just hard to ignores a potentially healthy sanchez's  upside at C.  He could be a game changer.