NBC Sports Edge Forums

Another Severino Offer...14 team dynasty...WHIR

14 team dynasty H2H...Forever keepers.

I have been going back and forth with an owner who wants Severino. My team is really aging and his most recent offer does have my attention.

He offered Carter Kieboom, Justus Sheffield, pick 1.4, pick 1.5, and pick 2.5 for my Severino, pick 1.10, and pick 3.6. Thoughts? Will we see the 1st half Severino or the 2nd half Severino this season?...

My team is below and WHIR.

C: W. Ramos

1B: Dan. Murphy

2B: J. Altuve

SS: J. Segura

3B: E. Suarez

3 OF: G. Springer, Khris Davis, Y. Puig

2 UTL: Jus. Turner, J. Candelario

BN: Cedric Mullins, Ramon Laureano

SP: L. Severino, Z. Greinke, D.Price, K. Hendricks, C. Hamels, J. Teheren, D. Bundy, , D. German, Trev. Richards

RP: E. Diaz, C. Allen, J. Leclerc, Jor. Hicks

DL: D. Lamet

MILB: C. Quantrill, E. Florial

Edited by 24/7fantasysports
Draft pick
26 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I have been going back and forth with an owner who wants Severino. My team is really aging and his most recent offer does have my attention.

He offered Carter Kieboom, Justus Sheffield, pick 1.4, pick 1.5, and pick 2.5 for my Severino, pick 1.10, and pick 3.6. Thoughts? Will we see the 1st half Severino or the 2nd half Severino this season?...

SP: L. Severino, Z. Greinke, D.Price, K. Hendricks, C. Hamels, J. Teheren, D. Bundy, , D. German, Trev. Richards

and this is a yearly prospect draft ?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Topgun said:

and this is a yearly prospect draft ?

Yes, you are also able to draft non-kept MLB players. My focus is prospects. 

We added 4 prospect slots this year bringing our total to 8 and we are increasing each of the next two seasons until we reach 15 prospect slots.

Any player in the Fantrax player data base is available to draft.

Argubly some of the best prospects available this draft in no particular order are Wander Franco, Peter Alonso, Dylan Cease, AJ Puk, Casey Mize, Alex Kirilloff, Jonathan India, Victor Victor Mesa, Malcolm Nunez, etc. 

I can't do this deal, if I'm you. Severino is still very young (turning 25 later this month)...plays for a team that is going to give him plenty of run support...and is, imho, your best SP (because he's 10yrs younger than Greinke). At this point, I don't put too much stock into his 2nd half. I still view him as a great young pitcher. And if you're worried about your team aging, I don't think trading a 25yo SP who is arguably your best SP is the answer. 

You have a young SP who is strong enough to build your future staff around, and he is a proven commodity. Neither Kieboom nor Sheffield are proven commodities at this point. If you wanted to deal Greinke for those two, I could get behind that...but not Severino. 

Disclaimer: I play in keeper leagues, but I've never played in a dynasty league. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I can't do this deal, if I'm you. Severino is still very young (turning 25 later this month)...plays for a team that is going to give him plenty of run support...and is, imho, your best SP (because he's 10yrs younger than Greinke). At this point, I don't put too much stock into his 2nd half. I still view him as a great young pitcher. And if you're worried about your team aging, I don't think trading a 25yo SP who is arguably your best SP is the answer. 

You have a young SP who is strong enough to build your future staff around, and he is a proven commodity. Neither Kieboom nor Sheffield are proven commodities at this point. If you wanted to deal Greinke for those two, I could get behind that...but not Severino. 

Disclaimer: I play in keeper leagues, but I've never played in a dynasty league. 

What I'm struggling with is that along with Kieboom and Sheffield I will get the 4th and 5th pick in the 1st rd which would allow me to snag two additional quality prospects. He also is now willing to add pick 2.5.

I know Severino has the tools to be an ace but I could also be setting myself up to continue to contend with only making one move and not a full year down...This is why I love and hate dynasty baseball...lol

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

What I'm struggling with is that along with Kieboom and Sheffield I will get the 4th and 5th pick in the 1st rd which would allow me to snag two additional quality prospects. He also is now willing to add pick 2.5.

I know Severino has the tools to be an ace but I could also be setting myself up to continue to contend with only making one move and not a full year down...This is why I love and hate dynasty baseball...lol

Yeah, the hard part for me is coming from a perspective of never playing dynasty. It's hard to get into that mentality if I've never played it. Lol. So I absolutely get what you're saying. Three of the first 19 picks is pretty awesome. I'm going to have 3 of the first 13 in my FF keeper league, so I get the attraction to stockpiling early picks. :) 

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Yeah, the hard part for me is coming from a perspective of never playing dynasty. It's hard to get into that mentality if I've never played it. Lol. So I absolutely get what you're saying. Three of the first 19 picks is pretty awesome. I'm going to have 3 of the first 13 in my FF keeper league, so I get the attraction to stockpiling early picks. :) 

I understand. He tweaked the offer again...Its now our Sevy, pick 3.5, and pick 7.10 for Sheffield, Kieboom, pick 1.4, and pick 1.5. That would give me 3 first rd picks. 

You have a win now team. Why would you do this? If you want to trade J-Tur, Greinke, Price, Hamels and D-Mur also I can support this. Either GO for it now or take the deal and trade these players who probably have 1-2 more good years as well.

Help?

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

A few prospects and draft picks who will probably net you mediocre mlb talent for a 24 year old who is already an established ace is a hard pass for me. Something was clearly wrong with Severino in the second half and you would be giving that team a gift by giving up on him solely because of that. Severino will be an anchor for any fantasy staff for at least the majority  of the next decade if not beyond and it's a lot to give up for the unknown. Unless a prospect named Vlad Guerrero JR is included passing on this is a no brainier for me.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, exm said:

You have a win now team. Why would you do this? If you want to trade J-Tur, Greinke, Price, Hamels and D-Mur also I can support this. Either GO for it now or take the deal and trade these players who probably have 1-2 more good years as well.

Help?

I agree. If you do this deal go all-in on the rebuild. If you're not ready to commit to that I'd hold on to Severino.