Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarred Kelenic - OF - SEA


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another Bomb     

First Bomb in Triple A    

The 6-7 thing is more important than the super 2 discount in year 7 was my point. I really think it’s overblown except for the cheapest of teams.    As to where he plays. I will keep this simpl

Posted Images

Mariners next homestand begins this Thursday. If he’s not up then I’ll be shocked. Well, maybe not shocked, just significantly more pissed off.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon Heyman (insider at MLBNetwork) tweeted but deleted it as soon as he put it up that the Mariners were calling up Kelenic today. It's happening soon I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Maitiu said:

Jon Heyman (insider at MLBNetwork) tweeted but deleted it as soon as he put it up that the Mariners were calling up Kelenic today. It's happening soon I think.

I think a lot of people got fooled by a tweet from a fake account.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All reports seem to allude to everyone thinking he will be called up sometime in the next week.

At home seems like the most possible outcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2021 at 5:10 PM, meh2 said:

Mariners next homestand begins this Thursday. If he’s not up then I’ll be shocked. Well, maybe not shocked, just significantly more pissed off.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 5:36 PM, Dark One said:

Honestly, if it weren't for Kevin Mather I believe Kelenic would've been up already.

Yep, I firmly believe Mather was responsible for the extra few weeks delay in his callup - obviously Super Two wasn't the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

SUPER STOKED.

I have no idea where they're going to have him hit initially (possibly 5th, 6th or 7th) is my guess....but wow. Big time moment here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

SUPER STOKED.

I have no idea where they're going to have him hit initially (possibly 5th, 6th or 7th) is my guess....but wow. Big time moment here.

I figure they will start him 6th or deeper to start but with that lineup he will be in the top 4 spots within a week of his start! VIVA LAS KELENIC!! And every other damn language I don't know!🥳

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, avatoot said:

I figure they will start him 6th or deeper to start but with that lineup he will be in the top 4 spots within a week of his start! VIVA LAS KELENIC!! And every other damn language I don't know!🥳

I figured they'd start him 6th or lower to start but the plan would be to hit him leadoff.  That's where they've been getting him reps at AAA.  Add to it that Haniger is not exactly a prototypical leadoff hitter, France (2 hole most of the year) has been slumping, and they just got Lewis back recently.  For the sake of alternating handedness in the lineup and they just love Haniger leadoff, maybe the 2-hole.  If that's the case Haniger, Kelenic, Lewis, Seager does not look bad for 1-4.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

It's just a reminder that not all prospects, even those that are highly ranked, hit the ground running.  If you are a believer, now is the time to buy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if we're going with this thread or the post-callup one, but he hit a 2 run double in Triple A tonight. Something, finally.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Don't know if we're going with this thread or the post-callup one

I think this thread makes the most sense for now - he hasn't lost his prospect eligibility yet and was sent back down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...