NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jarred Kelenic - OF - SEA

24/7fantasysports

Mariners next homestand begins this Thursday. If he’s not up then I’ll be shocked. Well, maybe not shocked, just significantly more pissed off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Maitiu said:

Jon Heyman (insider at MLBNetwork) tweeted but deleted it as soon as he put it up that the Mariners were calling up Kelenic today. It's happening soon I think.

I think a lot of people got fooled by a tweet from a fake account.

All reports seem to allude to everyone thinking he will be called up sometime in the next week.

At home seems like the most possible outcome.

On 5/9/2021 at 5:10 PM, meh2 said:

Mariners next homestand begins this Thursday. If he’s not up then I’ll be shocked. Well, maybe not shocked, just significantly more pissed off.

• Like 3

On 4/23/2021 at 5:36 PM, Dark One said:

Honestly, if it weren't for Kevin Mather I believe Kelenic would've been up already.

Yep, I firmly believe Mather was responsible for the extra few weeks delay in his callup - obviously Super Two wasn't the issue.

SUPER STOKED.

I have no idea where they're going to have him hit initially (possibly 5th, 6th or 7th) is my guess....but wow. Big time moment here.

1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

SUPER STOKED.

I have no idea where they're going to have him hit initially (possibly 5th, 6th or 7th) is my guess....but wow. Big time moment here.

I figure they will start him 6th or deeper to start but with that lineup he will be in the top 4 spots within a week of his start! VIVA LAS KELENIC!! And every other damn language I don't know!🥳

• Like 2

1 hour ago, avatoot said:

I figure they will start him 6th or deeper to start but with that lineup he will be in the top 4 spots within a week of his start! VIVA LAS KELENIC!! And every other damn language I don't know!🥳

I figured they'd start him 6th or lower to start but the plan would be to hit him leadoff.  That's where they've been getting him reps at AAA.  Add to it that Haniger is not exactly a prototypical leadoff hitter, France (2 hole most of the year) has been slumping, and they just got Lewis back recently.  For the sake of alternating handedness in the lineup and they just love Haniger leadoff, maybe the 2-hole.  If that's the case Haniger, Kelenic, Lewis, Seager does not look bad for 1-4.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Don't know if we're going with this thread or the post-callup one

I think this thread makes the most sense for now - he hasn't lost his prospect eligibility yet and was sent back down.