NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jarred Kelenic - OF - SEA

24/7fantasysports

14 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Don't know if we're going with this thread or the post-callup one, but he hit a 2 run double in Triple A tonight. Something, finally.

17 hours ago, pan55 said:

Brandon Morrow, selected #5 over home town SP Lincecum and a guy named Kershaw.

Denny Hulzen selected selected #2 overall.

and yes we could go on........

Thinking hitting. Though you were right. 

Edited by Italian_guy

Am I missing something?

https://www.milb.com/player/jarred-kelenic-672284?stats=gamelogs-r-hitting-mlb&year=2021

He did miss April with an injury, correct? And then only played 6 games in Triple A before he got promoted on May 13?

He had 4 extra base hits (two homers) and 4 walks to 1 K during spring training before he got injured. He then had 4 consecutive multi hit games when he returned to Triple A. Hopefully he only needs a couple of weeks and can return after the ASB. It surprising that he only played 6 games at Triple A before callup but perhaps the game log is missing additional at-bats.

Noticed same today on Luis Patino.  I think MILB has some kind of a data feed issue.

As an aside, hate the new search, where it takes multiple clicks to get to someone's stats.  Fangraphs now has more accessible minor league stats than MILB.com which is a real failure

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Am I missing something?

https://www.milb.com/player/jarred-kelenic-672284?stats=gamelogs-r-hitting-mlb&year=2021

He did miss April with an injury, correct? And then only played 6 games in Triple A before he got promoted on May 13?

He had 4 extra base hits (two homers) and 4 walks to 1 K during spring training before he got injured. He then had 4 consecutive multi hit games when he returned to Triple A. Hopefully he only needs a couple of weeks and can return after the ASB. It surprising that he only played 6 games at Triple A before callup but perhaps the game log is missing additional at-bats.

No game log data missing, AAA season didn't start until May this year. 

3 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

He's now homered and stolen a base in back to back games at AAA. I guess that's something to be positive about? 

Maybe but he still was 0-38 in MLB.  Have to play well in MLB for a week + to be confident in him.

Aaron Judge was 15 for 84 with a whopping 42 strikeouts during his 2016 first taste. 

Things has panned out a little bit differently in 2017-2021+

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1424799/mariners-jarred-kelenic-triple-a-performance/

So what are the Mariners looking for out of the 21-year-old Kelenic now that he’s back in the minors? Andy McKay, Mariners director of player development, joined 710 ESPN Seattle’s Wyman and Bob on Monday and shared the organization’s view.

“He went up, he had some success, ran into a tough stretch,” McKay said of Kelenic’s MLB stint. “I’m really not looking for performance in Jarred Kelenic in Triple-A because of all of the things that I’m concerned about, Jarred being a good major league player’s not one of them.”

What McKay said is important to the Mariners is how Kelenic responds to moments of failure, which wasn’t something he had to deal with much on his way to the major leagues – he has a career .288 average, .361 on-base percentage and .877 OPS in 836 minor league at-bats entering Tuesday.

“He is a good player, he’s going to be good in the major leagues,” McKay continued. “What I’m looking for when he’s down here is really just how he handles adversity. How he handles bad at-bats. How quickly he can get from one at-bat to the next at-bat. How quickly he can go from one bad swing and get back to his approach for the next swing. How quickly he can go from game to game and not letting it pile up on him. And so far he’s been able to do that down here (with Tacoma).”

18 minutes ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Why do I have the feeling he's coming back up after the break and going to ball out the RoS....LFG!!!

Yeah, I think he's 100% gonna be back Friday, July 16th against the Angels. I'd be shocked if he's down any later, especially if he has a nice showing at the Futures Game.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I know we're all still traumatized from his first call up, but he's flying again in AAA -- went 4 for 5 tonight, just missed another homer, average sitting pretty at .320.

Who knows how long they keep him down there, but at least he's looking the part again.

Edited by Kaytwo
  • Like 4