NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Andrew Benintendi 2019 Outlook

CrypTviLL

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

This right here is my boy. [...] He will be okay. He will never hit 30 homers or steal 30 bases. It’s gonna be a 15+/15+ season with a healthy average. Consistent, he’ll never be a superstar though. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I was hoping this would be THE year where his OPS climbs to .850-.900 range with 25 HR + 25 SB. Looks more like .800-.825 OPS with 15 HR 15 SB right now. But stats come in bunches so hoping for the best in the summer months. Nobody alarmed by his big increase in K rate? How is this guy K'ing more now? 

4 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

I was hoping this would be THE year where his OPS climbs to .850-.900 range with 25 HR + 25 SB. Looks more like .800-.825 OPS with 15 HR 15 SB right now. But stats come in bunches so hoping for the best in the summer months. Nobody alarmed by his big increase in K rate? How is this guy K'ing more now? 

My guess he is trying to hit for more power like everyone else.

1 minute ago, B&F said:

My guess he is trying to hit for more power like everyone else.

Everything I read was that he was just content on hitting singles now or whatever he was quoted saying because they moved him to leadoff. 

1 minute ago, herschel said:

beginning of the end?

I don't see why. He hasn't been good against LHP this year. He'll likely lead off vs. RHP and drop down vs. LHP, which is fine by me as well. It might help him out.

Guys. I have no dog in this fight. 

This is is an average ball player. Not saying he hasn’t shown flashes of being good. He is just not good, he’s certainly not great. He’s just okayish. Again; if not in Boston no one cares about this guy. 

23 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Guys. I have no dog in this fight.

This is is an average ball player. Not saying he hasn’t shown flashes of being good. He is just not good, he’s certainly not great. He’s just okayish. Again; if not in Boston no one cares about this guy. 

27th ranked player in all of fantasy baseball in standard leagues in 2018 (18th ranked offensive player).  Had an excellent 122 WRC+. 

57th ranked player in all of fantasy baseball in standard leagues in 2017 (his first full year).  Had a very good 102 WRC+. 

I believe he has accumulated something like 8ish WAR over a total of 2.5ish seasons.

Is admittedly having a very disappointing first 1/3rd of 2019.

[...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
No personal stuff please

I mean sure he’s useful playing LF for the real life Red Sox, great. 

For what we are trying to do, offers waiver wire streaming production when things are going great. He’s ordinary. He is painful and boring to own. He’s why people lose