NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andrew Benintendi 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Any Sox fans have any insight on his struggles?  Was last year an outlier and this is really what we should expect?  Just wondering if he is pressing, is hurt, or something else going on, because if this is the type of player we can expect he will be moved way down my board next season.  

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK that was a bit old now that I used it previously..... But this is how I see it, both Yelich and Beni came up to the show at the tender age of 21. In his first 3 years in the MLB, Yelich had the fol

Benintendi just got to his hotel room in London      

He's hitting .322/.365/.489 so far in June.  One of the sweetest swings you'll see in a favorable ballpark in a favorable lineup. Ultimate buy low IMO if you need SB, average, hits, runs. 

On 6/26/2019 at 4:45 PM, supac720 said:

Soft as hell. Can you imagine if an NFL player sat out a game with that?  Guy would get kicked out of his locker room by his own teammates.

Benintendi just got to his hotel room in London

spacer.png

• Haha 4
18 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Any Sox fans have any insight on his struggles?  Was last year an outlier and this is really what we should expect?  Just wondering if he is pressing, is hurt, or something else going on, because if this is the type of player we can expect he will be moved way down my board next season.  

He's a streaky hitter. He's still on pace to do what he did last year. Just be patient his next hot streak is right around the corner

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He was pretty putrid in the the second half last year. I'm not very optimistic about Benny ROS. He's in JAG territory. I would probably prefer having Shin Soo Choo right about now. Hoping he gets hot and makes eat some crow but Benny has to be on first half bust list. Especially considering he was at 68R 14HR 57RBI .380OBP .297 Average last year year at this time. Until he shows more promise he will stay rotting on my bench. He's definitely having a down year. Also back track to his spring this year. It was awful compared to the previous years. Something has been off all year with Benny.

Edited by bigbluecrew56
  • Like 1

He's hitting .322/.365/.489 so far in June. 

One of the sweetest swings you'll see in a favorable ballpark in a favorable lineup. Ultimate buy low IMO if you need SB, average, hits, runs. 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

He was pulled after 3 ABs. Was he injured or did Cora just yank him? 

Legs are probably heavy again. This f'n guy.

• Like 1

Someone needs to tell Beni and Betts that the baseballs this year are juiced.... on the day with a score of 17-13, in which most pitchers don't have an idea how to command the baseball and these two decided to go 1/7 combined with 2 R..... That 1st inning bases loaded pop by Beni.........

Related image

Can't wait for this guy to get hot when the Red Sox are only scoring 4 runs per game. We'll always remember that stretch where the Red Sox poured in 150 runs in 20 games and he scored 4 of them and drove in 2. 😒

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

He’s just a guy. Take the name values out, trade him for Choo + something little and win. Don’t be a prisoner to the name fellas 

He was my 3rd round pick.  I’d feel like such a schmuck if I dropped him.  Might be inevitable at this point, though.