NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anibal Sanchez 2019 Outlook

Why is nobody talking about this guy? 

I get that he was horrible from 2015-2017, but when he was finally fully healthy in 2018, he changed up his pitch mix and really benefited from the switch to the NL. He had really solid ratios as well- 9 K/9 vs. 2.8 BB/9. If he pitches to his FIP last year (3.62) with a decent amount of wins pitching every fifth day for a good Nationals team, he's an absolute steal since he's going past pick #250 now.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kirito-Sama said:

I get that he was horrible from 2015-2017, but when he was finally fully healthy in 2018, he changed up his pitch mix and really benefited from the switch to the NL. He had really solid ratios as well- 9 K/9 vs. 2.8 BB/9. If he pitches to his FIP last year (3.62) with a decent amount of wins pitching every fifth day for a good Nationals team, he's an absolute steal since he's going past pick #250 now.

Because we are trying to keep it quite.

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, Kirito-Sama said:

Low upside is the main thing, but he looks like a pretty easy value pick at this point.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, pierceNKC said:

first start today - what are your expectations?

He did well against Philly last season but I'm benching him, I think. Philly lineup is scary and going against Nola on top of that so reduced chance for win.

Sanchez will be interesting this season to see if his bounceback is sustainable. Really incredible last season, but putrid the three years before that.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Ohiohaybaler said:

I had him earlier this year, when he stunk. Just picked him back up to fill in for an injured pitcher. I think he will put up some good numbers for a while.

There definitely could be worse options out there.

Looks like he has a 2-start week next week. @CHW and then vs ARI. If he can get by CHW unscathed, could be a nice hot streak coming.

• Like 1

His last start in Atlanta was for 6 IP and gave up 1 hit and 1 walk while striking out seven.  May not expect him to have the exact same outing, but at this point I don't see why you'd bench him.  He's been on a roll. 

2 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

Everyone warm and fuzzy over the ATL start this week or is a bench for you?

Warm and fuzzy meaning a 50/50 shot at a win, 3+ k's and not getting rocked

i am up in the air...as great as he has been for me since picking him up weeks ago, the braves are smashing the ball lately....

• 2 weeks later...