NBC Sports Edge Forums

New RW Forums Design Feedback Thread

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh crap this Rotoworld forums platform just turned the headings into light peacock blue.  My eyes are burning trying to read this stuff.  Help!  Is there a way to go back to old school with heading fo

Wow, scanning some headlines just became a big chore!  Now I have to scroll down through giant pictures and other garbage.

wow, do I have to? can't I have the traditional Rotoworld back? this looks like crap, its slow to navigate, and the forums....jeez just awful

Posted Images

Okay so apparently the site format just updated, how the heck do i view notifications on mobile?? They used to be in the top right you could see who liked or replied to you or messaged you now its gone... Just stream, new post, and search. 

Edited by StevieStats

I had to go down to themes to change to the RW default because the gray font on white background is AWFUL and stupid. Makes my eyes strain just to read it. Makes me wonder who in the world ever came up with that idea. 

On 1/19/2021 at 5:20 PM, StevieStats said:

Okay so apparently the site format just updated, how the heck do i view notifications on mobile?? They used to be in the top right you could see who liked or replied to you or messaged you now its gone... Just stream, new post, and search. 

I second this. It’s on the default if you go back to that. In how can notifications on mobile not be included in the new update? Makes no sense. 

• Root Admin
On 1/19/2021 at 5:20 PM, StevieStats said:

If you haven't figured this out, upper right hand corner with the 3 lines.  Touch that and you'll see a slide out pane with notifications in it.  

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

If you haven't figured this out, upper right hand corner with the 3 lines.  Touch that and you'll see a slide out pane with notifications in it.  

Thanks... Took a while but i got it after the first response... My theme had no 3 lines up top, had to change the theme first then got the 3 lines.

If the purpose of redesign was to scare users away then you nailed it. Hard to read, cor scheme is terrible, player news are very hard to read on mobile. 

After the update I am finding  that I use reddit more than rotoworld.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, RallyRally said:

Is it just me or did they force the new format and remove the option to change the theme ourselves? It used to have the option to change the theme at the bottom next to Contact Us and that's been removed.

Bingo!

I have spent 30 minutes looking for this change. First time logging on view desktop and now I understand all the complaints.

• Root Admin
4 hours ago, RallyRally said:

Is it just me or did they force the new format and remove the option to change the theme ourselves? It used to have the option to change the theme at the bottom next to Contact Us and that's been removed.

So Rotoworld has rebranded to NBC SportsEdge which they hope better brings their fantasy brand underneath the NBC umbrella.  I would give it some time for everything to migrate over to the new URLs.  As always, if you want your reactions or thoughts to get straight to the Admins, use the Contact Us link on the NBCSE home site.  However, if we can organize a few points on issues, we can float those up to the Admins as well.  

1.  Bring back different and functioning Themes.

Got it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there any way that we can get this removed in the far right column?

image.png.87f214cf0b69c23fe44f9f14f418b05f.png

It would be nice to get that real estate back for reading posts, not unimportant fluff like this...

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, posty said:

Is there any way that we can get this removed in the far right column?

image.png.87f214cf0b69c23fe44f9f14f418b05f.png

It would be nice to get that real estate back for reading posts, not unimportant fluff like this...

Individually...... no.  It's a global decision.  I've already asked and agree with you.  Not a fan.

15 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Individually...... no.  It's a global decision.  I've already asked and agree with you.  Not a fan.

Shucks...  Oh well...  Thank you for responding Patrick...

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, posty said:

Shucks...  Oh well...  Thank you for responding Patrick...

No problem.  I think we wanted to get through this update and see what it looks like.  We're sort of torn as to what the community would like more -- keep it or get rid of it.  I hate it but doesn't mean others share the opinion.  Maybe others like it.

• Like 1