NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Edwin Encarnacion 2019 Outlook

smeeze

2 minutes ago, largeshot said:

I'm assuming Edwin is going to be the full-time DH like he was for Toronto a few years back. Voit at 1st, Stanton in left, etc.

Boone has said that. But I wouldn't mind Edwin as the starting 1B, Voit is terrible defensively (worse than EE).  Only thing is Voit has a long-term future here.

On 6/15/2019 at 9:50 PM, mlb2019 said:

the yankees don't want to start Stanton in the OF regularly. he stinks and would make him injury prone. at this point they might as well bench Stanton.

Stanton does not "stink" in the OF.  He's an above average defensive player.  Injury prone yes, but he's a good fielder. 

On 6/16/2019 at 1:59 PM, MrBrown said:

Apparently you can't read and neither can the ones who liked your post.  I didn't say he was a bench player. But he'll be the starting DH and backup 1B.  Not sure whats difficult about that to understand.  They could of course use Voit as starting DH and backup 1B though.  Edwin is the better fielder.

They're getting a DH that can back up first base would've made your comment more clear.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

the Yankees broke Encarnacion.

So far it sure seems that way.  I looked at EE around the time of the trade and his BABIP was .213 which was by far the lowest in the last 6 or so years (working on memory here), and he wasn't K'ing outside of his norms, which screamed positive BA regression coming.  Well, I'm waiting Edwin.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I may need to start sitting this guy. He's hitting .139 over the last 30 days.

Usually guys leave Seattle and they’re reborn after being around the worst baseball culture in the history of the game.  However, this appears to be the rare case of a guy who isn’t taking the new lease on life seriously.  Starting to realize why he was given away for a ham sandwich now.  

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

How long to Sanchez comes back?  Might Gary get a few extra starts at 1B if he comes back before Voit?

Not sure on his timeline.  He’s close, though.  Doubt he plays first.

[...] I just want to know how long before Mondays games so I know whether or not he's a drop.  I'd assume it's a minimum 4 to 6 weeks on a fracture.  Likely more depending on the details. #$%^%!!!!!!🤬

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 hour ago, meh2 said:

I hate to be that guy, but with Voit & E5 on the IL, who are the playing time beneficiaries?

LeMahieu is going to be the regular 1b now I would think.  Ford will be his backup and play sparingly.  Assuming Didi is healthy, it will be Torres, Didi and Urshella in the rest of the IF.  Judge, Hicks in RF and CF.  Gardner, Maybin and Tauchman will split time between LF and DH.  It is not going to change the playing time much for most of them except for Tauchman and Maybin getting a few more ABs at least until when\if Stanton gets back.  I would think we will be lucky to see EE back by mid-Sept assuming he gets back at all by the end of the season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

This is a crushing blow for my squad.  Damn.  I just want to know how long before Mondays games so I know whether or not he's a drop.  I'd assume it's a minimum 4 to 6 weeks on a fracture.  Likely more depending on the details. #$%^%!!!!!!🤬

Yeah it is unbelievable how many injuries...and it just kills me in a couple of leagues as well.  In a redraft, you can pretty much feel free to cut him imo though wait for the official word before doing so.  Can't see him back before mid Sept with rehab and the like.

Edited by secretagentman

I'm not sure if this is good or bad for fantasy.  For the Yankees 3 to 5 weeks is great.  He'll be back in time to get plenty of reps in before the playoffs.   For we fantasy owners a 5 week layoff could be 6 or 7 and roster spot being sucked up by a guy who might not matter for our purposes.  Let's hope it's 3 weeks, but I think the Yanks will be cautious with him so September seems like a minimum,

I was going to cut him last night but then I read it was just a hairline fracture.  There’s a good chance he makes it back in under a month.  Probably makes it back from his fracture before Brandon Lowe does his bruise.