NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Courtland Sutton 2019 Outlook

Joshmcd94

I didn’t see the game last week (except for Sutton’s tds) but is anyone worried about the team’s passing volume? Obviously you were happy if you started him last week, but he had more than half of the team’s receiving yards on under 20% of targets. Maybe that was just game flow/having the lead but I don’t feel great starting him in a low-volume offense when he didn’t have a great target share in the first game with Lock. Obviously it depends on who you can bench him for but it’s only Lock’s second start, I’m high on Sutton as a player but he feels risky this week in fantasy imo

1 hour ago, ilikepieman said:

I didn’t see the game last week (except for Sutton’s tds) but is anyone worried about the team’s passing volume? Obviously you were happy if you started him last week, but he had more than half of the team’s receiving yards on under 20% of targets. Maybe that was just game flow/having the lead but I don’t feel great starting him in a low-volume offense when he didn’t have a great target share in the first game with Lock. Obviously it depends on who you can bench him for but it’s only Lock’s second start, I’m high on Sutton as a player but he feels risky this week in fantasy imo

There is risk but there is risk with every WR out there at this time of year...Rolling him out

2 hours ago, ilikepieman said:

There's definitely risk, but there's essentially no chance they'll have the same game script as last week. They were surprisingly winning and didn't have to throw anymore. That won't happen against Houston. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

He was about a yard from getting a touchdown last week, tacked right at the goal line, I bet he has a solid day.

Last time they played KC, he had 6 catches for 87 yards. Lock has looked like he can the job done too.

Tell me more. I have this guy but I'm worried he's becoming TD dependent on the 5/6 targets he's getting. 

Sutton is up against Detroit this week, who have one of the worst secondaries in the league.  Drew Lock has also shown flashes of ability.  This week could be a good one for both of them.

Considering the situation , Sutton seems to be surefire WR 3 with WR2 upside this week.  ( my guess,  5/66/2TD )

Who else is running this guy in the championship game?

7 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Sutton is up against Detroit this week, who have one of the worst secondaries in the league.  Drew Lock has also shown flashes of ability.  This week could be a good one for both of them.

Considering the situation , Sutton seems to be surefire WR 3 with WR2 upside this week.  ( my guess,  5/66/2TD )

WR1 upside, he’s going to have a field day. 

7 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Yeah he's prob near the point of 'too good to sit' but I suppose it depends on options...I am sitting him in one 10 teamer, but playing him in a 16 teamer.

DET secondary is not good as a whole, but he is gonna get shadow treatment from Slay, and that is not a plus/green matchup.

monster game incoming 🤠

the kid will slide and glide 'til yer stat tracker is electifired.

ya know that insufferable Christmas movie that gets foisted on us every year? the one with that lil' dweeb who wants a BB Gun or sumpin'?

that's how bad the Lions are ... Matty Patty is the sloppiest Hoodie acolyte, and it's reflected on the field. 

yeahyeahyeah the (once very chubby) kid Stafford being on ice don't do 'em any favors ... but the squad blows.  like that movie. 

oh, now out in the elements? on the road? away from dem cozy arse confines of the Motown Mushroom?

carnage. 

the kid Lock will erupt, Sutton gon' chow down.  he hangry. see, qb to wr score pernts. 

a lot of pernts. 

as ugly as that cotdamn Christmas nerdfest flick. 

play ol' Willie Sutton ... he gonna rob that rotund mutha blind ...

🎅$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$🎅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Slay wasn’t playing this game I’d definitely be starting him. Slay is no joke, and Lock is a rookie that doesn’t have the years of experience to deal with a player of Slay’s level. If no Slay, I could easily see 160 yards and 2 tds against the lions. Not sure what to expect with Slay shadowing him. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Raynestorm said:

If Slay wasn’t playing this game I’d definitely be starting him. Slay is no joke, and Lock is a rookie that doesn’t have the years of experience to deal with a player of Slay’s level. If no Slay, I could easily see 160 yards and 2 tds against the lions. Not sure what to expect with Slay shadowing him. 

Who did Slay shadow when the Bucs lit them up last week?