NBC Sports Edge Forums

Courtland Sutton 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Hamilton dropping that TD pass can only help Sutton's stock, hopefully Flacco keeps going his way. But yes, Sutton looked damn good last night.

Yeah he sure did.    Much more complete looking player than the contested catches down the sideline he specialized in last season.   If teams want to double sanders like last night-  Sutton will continue to feast.  

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sutton to Flacco:

Sutton needs a QB who is willing to trust him and throw contestable balls.  He wins with his size, strength, athleticism, and body position - and he’s very good at it.  He’s a completely different ani

I'm not sure what people are complaining about. He had 700 yards off 42 receptions; that's pretty darn nice for a rookie WR. You can see improvement between first and second half of the year too:

Posted Images

He certainly looked the part of a #1 NFL WR.  I think his skill set clicks with Flacco's style as a QB too.  More of a deeper throw QB than he is a dink and dunker.  For fantasy I can see a WR2 here.  It's only one week and he has a tough matchup this week, but the upside looks promising.

• phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

23 targets 16 catches 250 yards. Split almost evenly over 3 weeks. A respectable 15 ypr, so there is some big play potential. With his size he should be a facor in the RZ but it hasn't happened yet. He seems like a legit high floor flex, but is there more to come?

59 minutes ago, frog34 said:

23 targets 16 catches 250 yards. Split almost evenly over 3 weeks. A respectable 15 ypr, so there is some big play potential. With his size he should be a facor in the RZ but it hasn't happened yet. He seems like a legit high floor flex, but is there more to come?

I think so, considering he has 6 rz targets already 

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah I think if Ramsey plays, he will lock up with Manny Sanders anyways, leaving a still very good Bouye on Sutton, but with volume he can still have a solid game.

Not sure why you think Bouye will be on Sutton? I believe it will be the opposite.

Prototype under-the-radar WR. Happens every season that people don't watch games and overlook numbers beyond the stats. Especially if the stats aren't astronomic from the get-go. If you dug deeper into it though, the targets were always there and he was among the most targeted players in the RZ. His catch rate is vastly improved from his rookie year. Classic sophomore leap. Flacco is no world beater but better than what they had last season. Also their defense got worse and allows points, which bodes well for Sutton's usage. He is a lock for 1000+ and his size should make him a viable TD hog in the RZ. Solid WR2.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, frog34 said:

Prototype under-the-radar WR. Happens every season that people don't watch games and overlook numbers beyond the stats. Especially if the stats aren't astronomic from the get-go. If you dug deeper into it though, the targets were always there and he was among the most targeted players in the RZ. His catch rate is vastly improved from his rookie year. Classic sophomore leap. Flacco is no world beater but better than what they had last season. Also their defense got worse and allows points, which bodes well for Sutton's usage. He is a lock for 1000+ and his size should make him a viable TD hog in the RZ. Solid WR2.

Bradley Chubb now out for the year with torn ACL, there will probably be a lot of garbage time stats for Sutton.

Traded for this guy today.  This isn't some random WR who's had a few good games.  This was a highly touted prospect, 2nd rounder, physically dominant, consistent 7+ targets per game.  I typically stay away from "chasing" the big blow ups for guys, but for Sutton, this seems like something that can happen regularly.  Getting a good amount of red zone work so 8-10 TDs this season is well within reason.  

Schedule also seems pretty nice, outside of Week 11 (@ Minnesota) and Week 12 (@ Buffalo), don't see a match up I'm scared of.  

• Like 1