NBC Sports Edge Forums

VETO WORTHY?: DONCIC, COUSINS, ROSE, & TATUM FOR JOKIC, DANGELO, & RANDLE

this trade is being reviewed in my league.. this same dude was complaining when a far more even trade went through  and then pulls off the gank move of the century 

rankings in our league:

jokic 7th overall 

dangelo 44th overall 

randle 37th overall 

vs.

doncic 48th overall 

tatum 61st overall 

cousins 70th overall 

rose 100th overall 

keep in mind it’s a shallow 10 team league .. on the wire, you can find players like rubio, teague, valancunis, nance, barnes, oubre, portis etc. 

Is this a Keeper league or a Re-Draft league? I personally do not like the trade and the Jokic side wins.

Jokic does everything Luka does with better %'s. Randle will feast with AD going down and more than likely being shut down. D'Lo is on a tear and will probably keep at it.

We all say on this sub, unless it's collusion it's not vetoable. However, the person losing the trade isn't even getting depth back. If it were Jokic and (1) of D'Lo or Randle you could possibly make a case for it. I'm not too worried about rankings as sometimes you make trades to fit a build, but again this seems counter-productive.

• Like 1

I need a lot to veto a trade and would not want to be in a league that vetoed this trade (outside of some outside knowledge of collusion etc.) Is this a good trade? No. Can someone justify it? Yeah, I can see someone thinking that Randle and D'Angelo might not be as good with AD staying and LaVert back. Cousins is going to get more playing time and is likely better than that ranking. Doncic is better than a #48 ranking, Rose is whatever and Tatum could blow up if Irving is hurt.

Dumb does not equal veto. That said, if this guy complained, go after him. And then in the offseason, have a thread where you talk about the grounds for a veto. Because it sucks to be in leagues where people can't fleece others.

also, get two more people to play. Ten team leagues suck. That waiver wire is too juicy. Oh the streaming I would do.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TheVladeFather said:

Is this a Keeper league or a Re-Draft league? I personally do not like the trade and the Jokic side wins.

Jokic does everything Luka does with better %'s. Randle will feast with AD going down and more than likely being shut down. D'Lo is on a tear and will probably keep at it.

We all say on this sub, unless it's collusion it's not vetoable. However, the person losing the trade isn't even getting depth back. If it were Jokic and (1) of D'Lo or Randle you could possibly make a case for it. I'm not too worried about rankings as sometimes you make trades to fit a build, but again this seems counter-productive.

its a re-draft