NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Luis Severino 2019 Outlook

The 7th Beatles

1 hour ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

With the latest news on Severino.  Pondering on if it's even worth holding onto.

Even though I do not own shares of Severino I am debating the same thing with another player in a similar situation.  Even in a deep league roster spots are valuable.  The loss of not picking up a player on the wire needs to be weighed against the possibility of Severino coming back and being effective.  

The question needs to be asked.  What is the precedent for a pitcher coming back after an injuries like this?

NOW he has two injuries. I would lean towards dropping.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, B&F said:

Even though I do not own shares of Severino I am debating the same thing with another player in a similar situation.  Even in a deep league roster spots are valuable.  The loss of not picking up a player on the wire needs to be weighed against the possibility of Severino coming back and being effective.  

The question needs to be asked.  What is the precedent for a pitcher coming back after an injuries like this?

NOW he has two injuries. I would lean towards dropping.

No DL? 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Hmm... so good guesses would be end of july at earliest? Sounds more and more like a lost season.

For fantasy purposes just about. He comes back after the break best case scenario, ie he has no setbacks during rehab and shows he can be effective. Any issues and we're looking at august, September, or never. Or bullpen. And even if he comes back healthy, will the Yankees go easy on his load because they're counting on him for playoffs, or conversely, will they shut him down early if it looks like they're not in the race?

A lot of questions here. Too many, imo, unless he's taking up an extra IL slot you absolutely don't need. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bandito said:

Do we have any idea yet on a possible timeline?  Or still just a crapshoot?

I’m stashing him over taillon. He’s been throwing and felt good after. Cashman said not til after the all star break and I think that was more so everyone was mentally patient with it. He probably could’ve come earlier but they’re being safe so they have him for the second half.

my subjective guess would be he’s back the first week after the break

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

What are we expecting from Severino at this point? Look like he's bound to return, but are we just looking at bullpen / limited innings as a starter for ROS?

Of course. Hes going to be a bullpen arm to stretch out for the postseason. Might make 1 start in a meaningless game in late september.

• Thanks 1