NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommendation needed for free offline auction site please!

Hi guys,

I need to setup something up for a league where we run a slow auction with multiple nominations at once. Preferably with 24 hours clearance time per nomination. I've just taken over a dynasty league where the commish has gone awol so really need your guys help as time is running out.

We have a basic proboards forum.

Any links or advice would be really appreciated either here or email bambibarker@gmail.com

A new dynasty startup I'm in just finished the auction portion of our draft, everyone has $1 per player left so we've moved to fantrax with a snake format. We used CouchManagers for the auction. You have to pay for it to customize drafts but it's only a few bucks a month, you can cancel when you're done. We started with 2 noms per team at a time, 24 players at once, 8 hour nomination timer and 1 hour high bid reset timer. Once we got through the bulk of the draft and most teams had 10-20 extra dollars we dropped it to 6 hour nom time. We ran from 5 pm cst to midnight. This allowed for people in different time zones and schedules to participate. We have 40 man rosters, we got through 331/480 players in 15 days, 22/day. I would advise against 24 hour time limit, anything less than 12 should be fine. CM also has a "pass" feature, so if a player gets nom'd and 11/12 teams pass on them, the player is automatically awarded to the team with the highest bid. It takes a bit to get used to, but we ran a test draft so everyone could get the feel for nominating and bidding on players, then we started the real one. All in all, it was a good experience (platform wise), it was a dynasty so prices were outrageous, Trout and Betts went for 75 ($350 budget) and Vlad for 46. But I'd highly recommend CM for an offline auction draft. 

On 2/17/2019 at 2:59 PM, SwayzeExpress said:

A new dynasty startup I'm in just finished the auction portion of our draft, everyone has $1 per player left so we've moved to fantrax with a snake format. We used CouchManagers for the auction. You have to pay for it to customize drafts but it's only a few bucks a month, you can cancel when you're done. We started with 2 noms per team at a time, 24 players at once, 8 hour nomination timer and 1 hour high bid reset timer. Once we got through the bulk of the draft and most teams had 10-20 extra dollars we dropped it to 6 hour nom time. We ran from 5 pm cst to midnight. This allowed for people in different time zones and schedules to participate. We have 40 man rosters, we got through 331/480 players in 15 days, 22/day. I would advise against 24 hour time limit, anything less than 12 should be fine. CM also has a "pass" feature, so if a player gets nom'd and 11/12 teams pass on them, the player is automatically awarded to the team with the highest bid. It takes a bit to get used to, but we ran a test draft so everyone could get the feel for nominating and bidding on players, then we started the real one. All in all, it was a good experience (platform wise), it was a dynasty so prices were outrageous, Trout and Betts went for 75 ($350 budget) and Vlad for 46. But I'd highly recommend CM for an offline auction draft. 

Thanks so much for the advice and recommendation! Would be lost without you pointing me in the couchmanagers direction. Think it will work great, just a shame you can only nominate 10 players per team though.

1 hour ago, Barkertron said:

Thanks so much for the advice and recommendation! Would be lost without you pointing me in the couchmanagers direction. Think it will work great, just a shame you can only nominate 10 players per team though.

What do you mean? That is up to 10 at a time. We did 12 teams with 2 noms a piece at a time so there were 24 players on the board at once. Any more I felt would have been overwhelming.