NBC Sports EDGE Forums

my aldridge & rubio for d'angelo & jarret allen ?

Rough one. I think I like the Aldridge/Rubio side more. The Nets have a terrible PO schedule, which (4-2-3) which makes that side less enticing. D'Lo is playing better than Rubio, but Rubio also tends to play better after the ASB (Fingers Crossed). Allen has not played to the standard we all had hoped and doesn't get many DD's as is. With all that, I think I'd stay put.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheVladeFather said:

Rough one. I think I like the Aldridge/Rubio side more. The Nets have a terrible PO schedule, which (4-2-3) which makes that side less enticing. D'Lo is playing better than Rubio, but Rubio also tends to play better after the ASB (Fingers Crossed). Allen has not played to the standard we all had hoped and doesn't get many DD's as is. With all that, I think I'd stay put.

What about aldridge being rested tho? & the same way I can hope that rubio plays better after the break, couldn't it be the same thing for jarret ?

I believe Aldridge has only been rested once (maybe twice) this year so far. We all know Popovich's tendencies to rest players, but with the Spurs currently in the thick of a lower bracket battle I can't imagine he rests his players like he normally does. He no longer has that luxury, although I could always be wrong. In regards to Rubio and Allen, I'm only putting more stock in Rubio because we have seen it in years past. Rubio tends to heat up around this time of the year, while with Allen, he has no real past performances to gauge. Allen has every chance to start producing, but I just haven't seen the fire yet.

I don't know how your PO outlook is, but personally in regards to Brooklyn I'm trying to trade players.

BKN - 4-2-3 / UTH - 4-4-3 / SA - 3-4-3

Getting 2 players from BKN sets your Semi's up for a Brutal Match up, while SA and UTH have a decent mix of games.

For reference if it helps, Aldridge was "Inactive" for 1 game on 03/12/18 and played the final 15 games. That won't necessarily determine this year, but it's a start.

• Like 1

I think id stay put with aldridge rubio side. Its not a huge increase except for 3s from dlo blocks from jarrett but everything else is a wash. also the nets PO sched is not fun and those extra games from LMA and rubio can be big

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/743219-stash-dinwiddie-or-kyle-anderson-whir-100/

• Like 1

I would stay as is. This really screws up your playoff schedule. I would not be worried about Aldridge being rested much more. He has maybe been rested only 1 game this season and otherwise has been able to stay healthy. I don't expect him resting much since Spurs need to win to stay solid in the playoffs. I don't think he will rest any more than 1 game but it is very possible he does rest 2 throughout the rest of the season. I also don't like Jarret Allen much fantasy wise. Rubio the past few years from what I remember blows up after the all-star break. The points difference from Aldridge to Allen should be about the same if not more than from Rubio to Russell so you lose out there. I would only do this deal if Rubio were to get hurt. Allen gets more blocks than Aldridge but not by much and Aldridge gets many more rebounds. Rubio gets more assist then Russell too. My advice, don't take the deal or get a big guy better than Allen back.

• Like 1