NBC Sports Edge Forums

Looking at last minute moves... WHIR WHIR WHIR

So with the end of the all star break looming, I'm excited about my team and the return of basketball! I just completed a blockbuster yesterday for Vucevic/Markkanen and feeling good about it. I'm still in 8th place with 1.5 games out of a playoff spot, and am really focused on putting together the best team possible to rock and roll. Now as I look for liabilities, one that I've been thinking about is Kyrie. Amazing player, but I'm worried about his health. Part of me wants to keep him because he's had the break to get healthy and his upside is tremendous, being able to put up 30p 10a better than anyone not named Westbrook. Another part of me wants to trade him 1 for 1 and try to get a Lillard or Beal back. The thing is, if I knew that Kyrie will be healthy for the remainder of the season I'd keep him, but I don't. Do I allow this injury scare dictate this decision and shop him around or should I hold, keep the faith, and let Uncle Drew do his thing post ASB? Any other advice outside of Kyrie is much appreciated as well! 

First of all, thanks for your input on mine. If you're trying to make up a gap with 1.5 wks left, i'd say you go for best players who'll play most games. Definitely a good idea to trade Kyrie. He is already sitting a bunch of random games here and there. I'd definitely target someone like Lillard if you can pull it off tbh. And Beal 100% if you can get him. Wizards are showing no signs of resting Beal. So, yes, if you can get him definitely go for him. May be even some sort of 2 for 1 for Kyrie and LeVert and get rid of his horrible playoff schedule in week 2. Something like Kemba and 1 could be a decent return as well tbh. As for your blockbuster, hopefully its some damn good ones that you can use for stretch run. GOOD LUCK ROS.

53 minutes ago, samtal33k said:

First of all, thanks for your input on mine. If you're trying to make up a gap with 1.5 wks left, i'd say you go for best players who'll play most games. Definitely a good idea to trade Kyrie. He is already sitting a bunch of random games here and there. I'd definitely target someone like Lillard if you can pull it off tbh. And Beal 100% if you can get him. Wizards are showing no signs of resting Beal. So, yes, if you can get him definitely go for him. May be even some sort of 2 for 1 for Kyrie and LeVert and get rid of his horrible playoff schedule in week 2. Something like Kemba and 1 could be a decent return as well tbh. As for your blockbuster, hopefully its some damn good ones that you can use for stretch run. GOOD LUCK ROS.

No problem! I have 2.5 weeks left, playoffs start Week 22 for me. Lillard apparently has a new ankle sprain that just got out today, so I'm less inclined to go for him. Thinking more and more about Beal but I just hope he can keep up the increase in assists. My waivers are so thin right now that's why I'm trying to avoid a 2 for 1 unless in makes a lot of sense. Kyrie plus LeVert should warrant someone much higher grade than Kemba don't you think? That's almost Harden price maybe! Thanks for your input!

thanks for the reply. def ship kyrie out. i love kyrie as a fan but he's always been on my DND roster. its inevitable he'll get an injury. especially with playoffs coming, if not an injury then hes gonna sit out for way more games.